Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t really care about a warranty, when doing things other than put putting on the street, shouldn’t expect much outside of electrical issues, since a customer usually won’t cause those things. Yes, some part changing and mods will, but not most.

For $1300, this makes me have questions. I see it includes an upgraded motor, and is it also that outside casing that looks like, well, don’t know, but I know it’s weak on the stock. Tie rods look ok with that bend, to deflect some force, but not sure if they’re beefier than say the ICON.

I’m wanting the 74Weld, full stage 3, but it’s $5K, but I need that before going crazy at Windrock, but I’m years away from $5K.

My question to you and @BigMeatsBronco and @flip , is in your opinion (know you‘re just seeing it as well), but I trust you guys more than any others (no offense, just years of these guys and they’re pros). Do you think this may be a solid upgrade that should at least buy me some time to do more rock obstacles, or should I wait until I can afford the full 74Weld?

I know 74Weld has a stage 1 that is great, but it’s that end cap and not a motor; that’s stage 2, which costs a lot more.

For $1300 and dealer instal, I think this sounds good to maybe buy me time.
I think that’s a difficult question to answer and probably one that more than a few people are trying to consider.

But I think if you’re still years away from obtaining the stage 3 74weld setup that you’d really like, then this would be a good upgrade for the time being.
If you haven't already done either the BroncBuster or Rough Country steering rack bushings, buy the Rough Country kit. Keep saving your money. Buy once, cry once. The 74 weld is going to be your end goal so why waste $1300+ to possibly avoid disaster on the trail. I've done some pretty hard wheeling and have no issues as of yet. @popo_patty put a tremendous load on his steering rack when he hit the berm and his was still in great condition. I say, save your money, don't upgrade your tie rods, keep them as your fuse, have spares with you and when you have the money, buy what you really want!
Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmmm... says that Badlands with no Sasquatch isn't compatible. I think that's only for the 4 door? So this would work on my 2 door badlands non sas? Would be a cheaper option than broncbuster or 74 weld upgrades at this point.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is standard HOSS 3/4 stuff. People call it HOSS 3 steering rack, but it could be called HOSS 4. Extreme Duty is what it is. Standard on BRaptors/Wildtrak's from 2022.5-2024.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HI
LAST WEEK MY DEALER ORDERED THE STEERING RACK FOR ME THEY ONLY HAD 3 AVAILABLE. Will be installed at the beginning of May after having installed my summer tires with 0 offset METHOD and doing alignment. total price = $4012.37 with taxes CDN.
tracktoy
Clarification: Was the $4012.37 just for the rack plus labor or was there more to it? What is that in real money? :ROFLMAO:

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clarification: Was the $4012.37 just for the rack plus labor or was there more to it? What is that in real money? :ROFLMAO:
hi
details for replacement steering COMPLETE RACK= 6.20 H X $144.95=$898.69 + STERING RACK=$1891.14. MINUS RETURN OF THE HOSS 2.0= -600.00$. + ALIGNMENT ON BRONCO = $99.95 + FED TAX = $174.49 AND + Qc PROVINCIAL TAX = $348.10. All in CANADIAN money TOTAL = $4,012.37 CDN
TRACKTOY

Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you sir. I was wondering if that included the programmer as well.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
details for replacement steering COMPLETE RACK= 6.20 H X $144.95=$898.69 + STERING RACK=$1891.14. MINUS RETURN OF THE HOSS 2.0= -600.00$. + ALIGNMENT ON BRONCO = $99.95 + FED TAX = $174.49 AND + Qc PROVINCIAL TAX = $348.10. All in CANADIAN money TOTAL = $4,012.37 CDN
TRACKTOY
I forgot the dealer accepts that I pay with my credit card so I have a discount on my card of 3% for the sum of 120.37. so the final net price is = 4012.37$ - 600.00$ core - 120.37$ = $3,292.00 CDN
TRACKTOY

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you sir. I was wondering if that included the programmer as well.
YES AND I HAVE THE FORD PRO CAL TUNE ON MY BRONCO SINCE 2 MONTH + THEY HAND WASH THE BRONCO AFTER EACH JOB ON MY BRONCO FREE.
ANY QUESTION ? YOU ARE WELCOME.
TRACKTOY

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you'll never need Bronc buster junk. His compycat blocks are NOT required for 3.0 tie rods. don't waist yer $$$.
haha....I've actually had his tie rod Blocks for quite some time and have NEVER broken a rod.....while others around me have ;) It works. I'll give it that! But yes - I will sell them when I get this upgrade done!

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This just allows Ford Service to install steering racks while adding another $750 to the install. Who wants to be the first one to see what doesn't work afterwards? Ford Performance has zero technical assistance for bronco parts.

Rather stick with FDRS and Forscan than some limited feature option through ProCal.

If you can't tell I am serious unimpressed with ProCal and my m210 swap.
Hm......judging by your profile pic......are you a member of Sin City Broncos? :)

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that’s a great price! I got 74weld stage 1 + foutz tie rods and it cost $2 grand. This also includes beefed up steering gear.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow that’s a great price! I got 74weld stage 1 + foutz tie rods and it cost $2 grand. This also includes beefed up steering gear.
I was thinking along the same lines. I just got the Icon tie rods, but have not installed them. Was thinking of doing stage 1 fro 74weld, but this new option has me wondering...It's the Braptor steering system upgrade we likely all want. BUT...also have to pay for the Pro-Cal ($825, but you can then do the performance tune and whatever else Pro-Cal gets you), and likely pay Ford for the install. It will add up quickly. I wish they were selling this rack upgrade itemized, so you could add or remove the tie rods.