First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Continuing to love mine, I left Diabolical a glowing review on their site.

I am however considering getting a Bestop Fastback top for my 4dr Bronco and was wondering if anyone had any information on if it’s compatible with the Slipstream?
Sponsored

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just received my slipstream today, and of course could not wait to install it when I got home from work. It took me about three hours, but I was super careful to watch and rewatch (instructions via youtube video) each step so I did not have to go backwards and take things apart. Honestly, it was like putting together a piece of IKEA furniture. I am handy, but not an advanced technician by any means. The video was awesome.

initial thoughts are you absolutely get what you pay for. Every piece was perfectly packaged with a lot of care. And although it was overwhelming when I took all of the pieces out, everything fit together perfectly. It is super solid, super tight, and for those of you wondering, it does work with the IAG soft top assist struts. You just have to close it from the top corner of the soft top rather than pulling down from underneath, which is not really a big deal at all.

I overall I think it was a fantastic investment. I equate this to having a hard tonneau cover on a pick up truck, of which I have never owned a truck without. The best part is you lose almost zero cargo space, and the easy takeoff of the lid, pass through portal, and complete fold down of the back panel for full cargo access is key
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 65397798-A5D1-4497-A88E-215C602B15F4
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 0680DDBA-BB16-418B-B00F-562D709C9674
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 519482E4-DA54-407F-8214-F6B34C5F2935
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure E6FB3EC0-B5D8-47AC-AE52-CB06A6179189
Ford Bronco Bronco Slipstream Security Enclosure 2AF27DF9-2058-4D60-9D7E-797A62A1A3FE

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went through the settings and it looks like you can disable the ability to unlock the car from the doors (thus keeping the tailgate locked). That may solve the issue that I mentioned above.
Have you or anyone else confirmed the setting? I have tried both settings but no matter what I am still able to unlock the tailgate from the door switch.

Of course it's possible I am doing something wrong. I roll the windows down. Use the FOB to lock the doors. Throw the FOB in the house 50 feet away. Reach over the window sill and unlock the doors using the switch. At that point I can open the tailgate.

Am I missing a "save" for the setting? Any thoughts?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you or anyone else confirmed the setting? I have tried both settings but no matter what I am still able to unlock the tailgate from the door switch.

Of course it's possible I am doing something wrong. I roll the windows down. Use the FOB to lock the doors. Throw the FOB in the house 50 feet away. Reach over the window sill and unlock the doors using the switch. At that point I can open the tailgate.

Am I missing a "save" for the setting? Any thoughts?
I think the fob can not be near the vehicle is what the key part is.

lock doors. Putyour fob out of range, go back and retry door unlock

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the fob can not be near the vehicle is what the key part is.

lock doors. Putyour fob out of range, go back and retry door unlock
Yeah, like I said, I move the FOB about 50 feet away from the Bronco. Tried either setting. Still able to unlock the doors from the switch inside.

The FOB is not interacting with the Bronco.

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got it installed yesterday -- took about 4 hours. That video Alan put up at 1:30 hours was SO on point. He also responded to me via email on the weekend when I gummed something up to help fix it. It looks awesome!

Anyone know of a rubber flooring that fits inside the Slipstream exactly?

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did u
Yeah, like I said, I move the FOB about 50 feet away from the Bronco. Tried either setting. Still able to unlock the doors from the switch inside.

The FOB is not interacting with the Bronco.
Did you ever find a solution? I want to buy this, but I need rear swing door to not unlock from door if there is no key.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did u

Did you ever find a solution? I want to buy this, but I need rear swing door to not unlock from door if there is no key.
I have not found a solution. I was hoping someone here would tell me I'm an idiot for not setting something but still haven't heard anything.

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not found a solution. I was hoping someone here would tell me I'm an idiot for not setting something but still haven't heard anything.
Actually, turns out, if you lock Bronco with key remote and key is away from vehicle, then unlock buttons are disabled.

Sponsored

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Random related situation... both of my fobs just stopped working. They're detected by the Bronco (can drive with it) but no remote actions work. Totally stumped.

Jaybro23

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my Bronco on Thursday and started my install of the Diabolical slipstream on Sunday afternoon. Ran into a question that I could not figure out, called the number listed on Alan’s website and after 2 rings….. This is Alan.

I’m like hello Alan this is one of your customers and I have ran into a question, he immediately said, what can I help you with James…. He even sent me a quick video that explained the issue I had and was able to finish my install.

This guy is awesome. Also outstanding customer service.

Thank you Alan! @Diabolical Inc

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all -- anyone have a rear cargo cover for the floor that fits when the Slipstream is already installed?

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all -- anyone have a rear cargo cover for the floor that fits when the Slipstream is already installed?
I have the weathertech. I had to cut out the sections by the rear cargo hooks to make it work - which is ok because i want to still have the cargo hooks available

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the weathertech. I had to cut out the sections by the rear cargo hooks to make it work - which is ok because i want to still have the cargo hooks available
I did the same with my Husky mat.
Sponsored