First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn’t fit the kick panel speaker cover back in place without trimming the inner ring of the cover. The speaker adapter pushed the 6.5 out farther than the stock speaker. It’s easy to trim with some side snips.
can I ask how thick the spacer is? 1" or 1/2"?
Sponsored

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't need them on the rears, they're filtered at the head unit. And you don't need to (and likely don't want to) filter the 6.5 kick panel speakers.
So the rears are on their own channel, with high-pass filter at the HU output? And the fronts are full range (shared channel with the kickers), with the 4"ers capped to remove lowend...?👍🏻

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the rears are on their own channel, with high-pass filter at the HU output? And the fronts are full range (shared channel with the kickers), with the 4"ers capped to remove lowend...?👍🏻
From all I have read out here this looks to be correct. (please correct me if wrong) I'm going to go with yes!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tapped into KP speakers and mounted the Kicker 11HS8 to the back of the rear seat. What a difference the sound is with all the speakers replaced.

AB16B86B-3E6E-4880-B4C3-1EE7B56B36AF.jpeg
That little guy won't fit under the seats? I mean, if you maybe remove the seat first?
Also... What cabling and routing did you use to power it?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the rears are filtered (via software) at the head unit.
As you say, the feed to the 6.5" is full range and goes up to the 4" dash speakers via a jumper wire on the connector at the 6.5" speakers.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you here, it's been ages since I've done car audio (last build was a water cooler Carputer with a pair of Asus Xonar 5.1 sound cards doing active crossover... left channel was low pass, right channel high pass, four pair of 2-way components and a dedicated sub output, but I digress)...
Question is.... If you put a cap on the rear 4" to cut at 300hz for example, and it's already filtered for 300hz, what is the net result? Still 300hz filter?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many of you here, it's been ages since I've done car audio (last build was a water cooler Carputer with a pair of Asus Xonar 5.1 sound cards doing active crossover... left channel was low pass, right channel high pass, four pair of 2-way components and a dedicated sub output, but I digress)...
Question is.... If you put a cap on the rear 4" to cut at 300hz for example, and it's already filtered for 300hz, what is the net result? Still 300hz filter?
Shouldn't make much difference, if any... (technically none at all, but there are tolerances to everything)

I read somewhere on here that the software filter can be disabled using Forscan, but I can't confirm nor deny that.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes how things have changed in the industry....hell, I remember when the CES show was with the adult industry show:rolleyes:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’m just gonna use my high end Bose blue tooth box in the back lol

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That little guy won't fit under the seats? I mean, if you maybe remove the seat first?
Also... What cabling and routing did you use to power it?
see my response with pics on page 7
Sponsored