Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reverse psychology. Anyone leaving their doors and roof off must not be too far from the vehicle, right?

Plus, no need to break in if: 1. you can just hop in. 2. You can clearly see nothing of value in the vehicle.

Certain parts of town notwithstanding, you’d be surprised how little people mess with open vehicles.

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Certain parts of town notwithstanding, you’d be surprised how little people mess with open vehicles.
When I was in Arizona I didn't have a real hard or soft top on my Jeep for near a year. I lived in a not so great area, used to park it at the girlfriend's apartment complex (still no real top on the Jeep) and I never had trouble. Never even saw signs of people messing with the interior of the Jeep.

Granted - there was never anything valuable left in the Jeep - save for a spare drive shaft and U-Joints (I off-roaded a lot in AZ), but still.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 18 F150 has motion sensors on the overhead console that has the sunglass pocket and map lights etc. If I lock my truck and movement inside is detected alarm goes off and my Ford Pass alerts me. Not sure if the Bronco will have this.
This^^^. My ‘17 f150 has the same thing. Last week, had a moth set off the interior motion sensors at 11pm and it alerted my phone.
They also make aftermarket trackers that alert you if the tracker leaves a set geofence.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all are hilarious! I'll keep the 2nd amendment alive as well (Walther, H&K myself), but it seems shit never happens when I'm within eyeshot.

Can't remember ever having a car broken into, but I ain't stupid either.

OP, you'll definitely want to ensure you get the alarm system, but I plan to do something different with the Bronco since I know at least for a year or so, it's just as likely to get stolen or car jacked as it will be broken into.

Going to get a 2 way dash cam. I've been researching the kind that somehow always stay connected and detect motion. I have cameras around my home too, but in the middle of the night, not even sure the little alerts would wake me.

The dash cam send out alerts when motion is detected inside the vehicle, so even when you have doors and roof off, it should still pick up on someone going through your rig. In Georgia, no one will question why the crook is dead laying on the sidewalk who was breaking into your vehicle, startled and threatened you, that you had no choice to shoot to protect yourself and stand your ground.

Sumbitch I just love living in the South! Yessir! ?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In Georgia, no one will question why the crook is dead laying on the sidewalk who was breaking into your vehicle, startled and threatened you, that you had no choice to shoot to protect yourself and stand your ground.

Sumbitch I just love living in the South! Yessir! ?
Ford Bronco Bronco Theft Security 1597463008998

Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best security system is leaving nothing in the car when parking in the city. Hopefully there are some good technological solutions. I don't want my expensive rig messed with.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I install two different kill switches in the car, one to the ignition and the other to the fuel pump. And as for packing some protection I am more inclined to my current favourite HK P30LS v3.

wbvr3

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Explorer XLT (died in August)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs