Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on newest iOS software and it crashes as soon as I hit the record button
Mine crashes when I hit the record as well, everything else seems to function. The app has the potential to be pretty cool if they get the kinks worked out.
Sponsored

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it might have been in an early promotional video somewhere, but this post also mentions it. Sounded neat but implausible at the time, since the Bronco doesn't have a lot of onboard storage, and the camera signals are analog, which while not impossible is an unusual setup for video capture these days.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-trail-cam-recording.28288/
I think I remember a promo video where it was briefly discussed and it made it sound like the cameras on the bronco where recording. It might of been the nerration and what was being said where not in sync or just some magic camera sh$t to make it look they are saying one thing but mean a whole different one.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it might have been in an early promotional video somewhere, but this post also mentions it. Sounded neat but implausible at the time, since the Bronco doesn't have a lot of onboard storage, and the camera signals are analog, which while not impossible is an unusual setup for video capture these days.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-trail-cam-recording.28288/
I think that may have been people misinterpreting what Ford was describing in their launch materials. Or maybe it's as simple as one of the media/marketing guys at Ford didn't know what they were talking about. (I can tell you as someone who works in development that translating stuff in a way that marketing, sales, & management can understand is by far the hardest part of the job.)

I went back and checked the original video, and it's pretty clear they were using the phone to record:

Anyway... the cameras are digital on the High and Lux package supposedly. But regardless... I think in order to do that, they would have needed an encoder & storage built into the vehicle, and then use the vehicles Wifi to transmit the encoded signal to the phone. It would have just been extremely difficult to pull that off and do it correctly.

The GoPro application is the best implementation of that I've seen, they've had that feature for years at this point, and it is still extremely finicky.

Diff Whack

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Explorer, 13 Edge, 00 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took me over two hours to finally figure out that I had to restart my phone 3 times and disconnect, shut off and open the door, to get everything synced up. LAME!!!!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't get my video to work.
I hit record, and street view is all I get.
I think the camera button is to record video using your phone and the red record button is to map your trail using street view. That was my take away from the little bit of info in the faq anyway.

Edit. It appears the camera and red button both active phone recording.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to the app and it has a rating of 1.9

Guess I'll check back once the review ratings come up or there's a good response and it seems to work for us on BG6.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will stick with Trails Offroad to find routes along with very detailed info and then sending the route to Gaia GPS with one click of a button.

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail App Finally Released! 📲 PXL_20230430_201452079~2

Ford Bronco Bronco Trail App Finally Released! 📲 Screenshot_20230502-213311

wizardoforange

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m having trouble downloading maps for offline use. After selecting the relevant area and hitting “download” the progress bar just sits there and does nothing. My internet connection is just fine. Does anyone have any advice?

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly I've been looking forward to this app. In NYS there are very limited options for legal off-road, as NYS forbids it on public land except where posted, and that's in one location I've found for ATVs only... The exceptions are forest roads and private land. The Adirondacks are especially policed by NYSDEC. Where2wheel has some places listed, and I've seen the Buffalo group go to a couple different ski hills in the offseason. Tug hill area forest roads, Southern Tier forest roads, and around Lake George forest roads are about as good as it gets. Anyone else have any ideas?

At least the app may start to populate some additional locations.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe not so much released as escaped.
I have released it from my phone and may try again if the reports come in that it's getting better.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the camera button is to record video using your phone and the red record button is to map your trail using street view. That was my take away from the little bit of info in the faq anyway.
lol
I just looked at my gallery on my phone; all the videos are there :oops:

Whats funny, is I had that thought but figured they would show-up in the app.

Wow.. pretty much nothing in Texas
No, bridgeport nor LBJ Grasslands nor the few NFs nor Big Bend nor the gulf coast 🤷‍♂️
I assume as more people drive them, Ford will upload those areas.
Sponsored

Last edited: