stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep is already making changes to answer to the Bronco. They will be offering a wash out floor soon. There were schematics of a potential modular top with onboard storage for the Gladiator. The Xtreme Recon package was an answer to the Sasquatch.

Right now, IMO, the the three things that really separate the Jeep and the Bronco are the second row removable panels, MGV and IFS. I can see Jeep offering a second row removable panel on the 4 door Wrangler in the next few years. Maybe a MGV option. IFS I don't know if that will ever happen. Jeep purists would head to Toledo with pitchforks and torches demanding heads.

Thanks for the info. That's good news for future JEEP owners. They have other issues as well to address. The comfort of their interiors has always been suspect. Yes, they're a Jeep so luxury isn't a word associated, but they really are far far behind what the Bronco is offering.

They've been around for how many decades, and still have the many of the same complaints that still seem to be there. The death wobble, and yes other vehicles have it, but it's Jeep they you hear about in the vast number of instances.

Their soft top system is was, and still is weak. Time will tell about the Broncos leak issues, but it's almost a guarantee that a Jeep will leak, and once you take that top off the first time it's a b*tch to get back on, that's anecdotal info, but it's one of the long long time complaints about Jeep I hear form all of my Jeep friends.

My general point is for a platform so popular and thats been apron d for so lo g you;d think they'd have wanted to improve it. They haven't had to care because there just hasn't been any competition. It looks like those days are over.

For manyJeep owners you can apply the same philosophy as boat owners. The 2 happiest days are when they buy one, and then when they sell it.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just read the jeep forums sparky. No problem with the legendary 4.0 Fiat boy
Dumbass, I read the forum and YOU are the one saying the jeeps are not reliable.
Fiat acquired Jeep in 2014, I own a 2012. It's Mercedes boy to you... Learn your history.

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Supply and demand!
Unless things change or Ford makes an inferior Bronco I don't see it changing that much anytime soon.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2012 Wrangler has never failed a start, and I trust it more than the Bronco with the 2.7L that I have on order.
I would also trust any vehicle over one that I don't have. Hard to make reliability claims on a vehicle that someone doesn't own but yet people on here seem to do it all the time.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Word is getting around that the Bronco is not a reliable vehicle and has many technical flaws as well as QC issues. Expect prices to drop significantly as the recession and word of the Bronco's problems spread.
What is sad is I've owned more than 1 "first year car" and they were flawless...but the again they were not Fords :sneaky:

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would also trust any vehicle over one that I don't have. Hard to make reliability claims on a vehicle that someone doesn't own but yet people on here seem to do it all the time.
You don't need to own something to claim reliability. Do you think Consumers Report owns all the vehicles in the country when they do their annual report? They have data and knowledge. I know, magic!😂😂😂

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone has their own opinions and experiences..I will be selling my Wrangler but only after I get my Bronco and make it passed the first 5k lemon miles.

Right now, I would hop in my 2015 JK with 100k miles on it and drive anywhere knowing that even if something did go wrong with the Jeep, it would most likely be able to limp me back home.

Yet with the Bronco, I won't even think about going anywhere away from civilization until all the kinks have worked out. For the Bronco, all it takes is 1 loose wire, 1 bad sensor, or even low voltage and the Bronco will shut down and leave you stranded.

Yes there are plenty of Broncos that have done just fine...but there are enough that have not, to cause some concern.

And the sad part is, unless you're part of this forum you have no clue as to the issues that people are experiencing.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Word is getting around that the Bronco is not a reliable vehicle and has many technical flaws as well as QC issues. Expect prices to drop significantly as the recession and word of the Bronco's problems spread.
No tech flaws or qc problems on my first year 2.3 manual or 2.7 auta, each close to 10k miles now. And problems are always amplified on a forum. I am sure I can hop over to a Wrangler forum and search posts from 2018 and I come away with the impression that the JL was doomed and a piece of junk.

Anyway, back on topic, I suspect Bronco depreciation will track with the Wrangler. ~20% loss in value over 4-5 years compared to the industry standard of ~30%

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What do you guys think the value of Bronco's will be a year from now? Do you think they will plummet?
We've seen scaled back marketing because of the botched rollout, I anticipate a second wave when every televised football game and golf match is flooded with Bronco ads, every hometown parade will be filled with them, and the public finally gets to see them on the roads, without thinking Jeep. I'm seen a small amount of 4-doors and lots of sports, I have yet to see a wagon in person. So I'm betting on one year of little depreciation.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sure I can hop over to a Wrangler forum and search posts from 2018 and I come away with the impression that the JL was doomed and a piece of junk.
If I remember correctly, the first year of the JL and Gladiator had issues with the chassis welding and separating. For that timeline, your impression would be correct. I also remember that Jeep jumped on the issue relatively quickly to retain it's customer's trust. There were about 13 claims to the NHTSA before the recall was performed in October 2018 for the 2018 models.
I don't think anyone blames a mechanical product for not being perfect or not breaking, the issue is when the manufacturer doesn't take responsibility for their products and simply runs the blame game.

Ford on the 2.7L dropping valves:
Ford Bronco Bronco values one year from now? 1664802629000

https://tenor.com/uQJo.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the new super duty and 24 mustang are any indicator petrol power ain't going anywhere soon. Besides an election cycle or two could change the whole push for ev's anyway.
One of the many differences between the Mustang and Super Duty and the 2-door Bronco is the 2-door Bronco won't ever offer a hybrid or electric variant. I think that means it will be short for this world.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the many differences between the Mustang and Super Duty and the 2-door Bronco is the 2-door Bronco won't ever offer a hybrid or electric variant. I think that means it will be short for this world.
@Bronc_Bronc Why do you say that? Too small of a wheelbase for a viable electric platform to be integrated?

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bronc_Bronc Why do you say that? Too small of a wheelbase for a viable electric platform to be integrated?
Yes, but also if you look Jeep isn't doing it with the 4XE, or the Diesels, so it might also just be a market research call.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure about a year from now, but right now... On BAT, 4 doors seem to be fetching more than 2 doors...

And they're still over MSRP... Like anything, YMMV.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By this time next year, I'll be lucky if I can trade my Bronco for a couple cases of Spam®.
Sponsored