Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But no!!!
They (FORD) are placing 5-6 thousand brand new 2021 Bronco's in their 3,300 (or so) dealerships across America.

Confirmed: Each Dealer Will Get Up to 2 FCTP Broncos For Display and Test Drives

So there is a month or so on the assembly line time gone to waste (AKA instead of building Bronco's for the reservation/confirmed ordered customers).

So much for their promise to fill reservation/confirmed order customers first!!!!

So now you know one of the many reasons why they refused to take orders on December 7th.

Between the problems with the new F150 and the Explorers, Ford is clearly not managing there way out of a paper bag!!! Who knows when or if they will actually keep their word.... and fill the Reservation orders first!!!!

I'm not holding my breath.

And yes.... I'm definitely looking elsewhere to spend my $50-$60 thousand dollars.
This Tesla Styled Marketing ploy is not going well!!!!
I think I want them to get it right before mine comes down the line. Warranty will fix my vehicle but will take time for parts and repair. Let them get it right.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But no!!!
They (FORD) are placing 5-6 thousand brand new 2021 Bronco's in their 3,300 (or so) dealerships across America.

Confirmed: Each Dealer Will Get Up to 2 FCTP Broncos For Display and Test Drives

So there is a month or so on the assembly line time gone to waste (AKA instead of building Bronco's for the reservation/confirmed ordered customers).

So much for their promise to fill reservation/confirmed order customers first!!!!

So now you know one of the many reasons why they refused to take orders on December 7th.

Between the problems with the new F150 and the Explorers, Ford is clearly not managing there way out of a paper bag!!! Who knows when or if they will actually keep their word.... and fill the Reservation orders first!!!!

I'm not holding my breath.

And yes.... I'm definitely looking elsewhere to spend my $50-$60 thousand dollars.
This Tesla Styled Marketing ploy is not going well!!!!
B6G Users: "WHY AREN'T THEY BUILDING MY BRONCO FIRST"

Also B6G Users: "WHY CAN'T I SIT IN A BRONCO BEFORE MY WINDOW CLOSES TO EDIT MY ORDER?!"

Also also B6G Users: "I DON'T WANT MY BRONCO TO BE A TEST UNIT BEFORE THEY WORK OUT THE BUGS"

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch suspension has approximately a 10mm lift over the Badlands suspension. We do not have part numbers or a clear and absolute answer, but from what the Ford reps have stated or alluded to so far, is that this slight lift is achieved, at least in part, through stiffer springs.

We are not sure whether the shocks are longer as well.

There is also apparently a bump-stop to limit up travel and prevent the larger 35s from rubbing during flex. (it was initially quoted that travel was limited by 10mm... not sure if that's accurate or confusion between it and the lift by the person who said it.)

All of this is compounded by the fact that we have seen various pre-production broncos that appear to have different heights that should have the same height. You can see this if you look for pictures of Sasquatched units over the past few months. I chalk this up to various franken-broncos with mis-matched parts, or experimenting with different setups.

Also, if you look to FCA as an analog, they actually pick different springs based on how the vehicle was spec'd from the factory... so for example Wranglers with hardtops come standard with longer/stiffer springs than those that don't to make up for the weight of the top... The net effect is that all similar wranglers are supposed to have the same height... but in reality you can swap out OEM springs and get small height differences. This may also be where the different ride heights we are seeing in pre-production Bronco models are coming from... as they could be using slightly different OEM springs in general. (I sold my 4-door hard top springs to a kid with a 2-door soft top and he got a nice little bump in height.)

From what we understand there are three suspension heights to the bronco (after correcting for tire diameter):

High: Base - OB
Higher: Badlands
Highest: Anything Squatched, and by extension the WT and FE.

How *exactly* these different heights, specifically higher vs highest, is achieved is really only speculation right now. We have some statements from Ford but they are pretty inconsistent (though getting better). We probably wont know for certain until we get them in our hands (or perhaps part numbers).
Thanks for the explanation.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you could, when you can, please explain or tell me where I can find this information. Thanks.
I think it is in here. One of the guys tries to correct the other about it.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I JUST talked myself out of squatching my 2DR Badlands. And now I'm back in. It just looks so damn good!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How *exactly* these different heights, specifically higher vs highest, is achieved is really only speculation right now. We have some statements from Ford but they are pretty inconsistent (though getting better). We probably wont know for certain until we get them in our hands (or perhaps part numbers).
and they could technically be the "same suspension" and therefore the same height but with some additional physics to stop the rub.

We just don't know yet.

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for providing these pics.
Visually There is very little difference between the two Badlands, squatched and unsquatched.
Really makes me reconsider the extra $$$.
Sponsored