Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I’ve read, the Badlands comes standard with the Sasquatch suspension. Why pay extra for wheels that I don’t really like anyway. The 33’s look more retro in my opinion with the 35’s maybe a bit too wide. I think a 295 or 305 / 70 on a Black Rhino Armor, Abrams, or Arsenal will be the deal on a Badlands. And for those that think that they have to wait for a manual Sasquatch, you can get a manual Badlands. Just my opinion of course.
They are "very similar". It has not been confirmed what the difference is other than there is approx 10mm less wheel travel on the Squatch. It has not been reported how that is accomplished.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is my favorite out of the bunch. Looks low enough that I might be able get in. Sweet ride....
NOTE - Not a wise guy comment!

Maybe you might be a candidate for an air suspension if/when they come out @MrJoe ? Just trying to help.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NOTE - Not a wise guy comment!

Maybe you might be a candidate for an air suspension if/when they come out @MrJoe ? Just trying to help.
Sound like a good idea. Maybe expensive? Drop it to get in and take it all the way up for cruising.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suspensions are the same but also different.

(I just can't muster the emotional energy right now to get into the details)
If you could, when you can, please explain or tell me where I can find this information. Thanks.

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But no!!!
They (FORD) are placing 5-6 thousand brand new 2021 Bronco's in their 3,300 (or so) dealerships across America.

Confirmed: Each Dealer Will Get Up to 2 FCTP Broncos For Display and Test Drives

So there is a month or so on the assembly line time gone to waste (AKA instead of building Bronco's for the reservation/confirmed ordered customers).

So much for their promise to fill reservation/confirmed order customers first!!!!

So now you know one of the many reasons why they refused to take orders on December 7th.

Between the problems with the new F150 and the Explorers, Ford is clearly not managing there way out of a paper bag!!! Who knows when or if they will actually keep their word.... and fill the Reservation orders first!!!!

I'm not holding my breath.

And yes.... I'm definitely looking elsewhere to spend my $50-$60 thousand dollars.
This Tesla Styled Marketing ploy is not going well!!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you could, when you can, please explain or tell me where I can find this information. Thanks.
The Sasquatch suspension has approximately a 10mm lift over the Badlands suspension. We do not have part numbers or a clear and absolute answer, but from what the Ford reps have stated or alluded to so far, is that this slight lift is achieved, at least in part, through stiffer springs.

We are not sure whether the shocks are longer as well.

There is also apparently a bump-stop to limit up travel and prevent the larger 35s from rubbing during flex. (it was initially quoted that travel was limited by 10mm... not sure if that's accurate or confusion between it and the lift by the person who said it.)

All of this is compounded by the fact that we have seen various pre-production broncos that appear to have different heights that should have the same height. You can see this if you look for pictures of Sasquatched units over the past few months. I chalk this up to various franken-broncos with mis-matched parts, or experimenting with different setups.

Also, if you look to FCA as an analog, they actually pick different springs based on how the vehicle was spec'd from the factory... so for example Wranglers with hardtops come standard with longer/stiffer springs than those that don't to make up for the weight of the top... The net effect is that all similar wranglers are supposed to have the same height... but in reality you can swap out OEM springs and get small height differences. This may also be where the different ride heights we are seeing in pre-production Bronco models are coming from... as they could be using slightly different OEM springs in general. (I sold my 4-door hard top springs to a kid with a 2-door soft top and he got a nice little bump in height.)

From what we understand there are three suspension heights to the bronco (after correcting for tire diameter):

High: Base - OB
Higher: Badlands
Highest: Anything Squatched, and by extension the WT and FE.

How *exactly* these different heights, specifically higher vs highest, is achieved is really only speculation right now. We have some statements from Ford but they are pretty inconsistent (though getting better). We probably wont know for certain until we get them in our hands (or perhaps part numbers).

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sound like a good idea. Maybe expensive? Drop it to get in and take it all the way up for cruising.
Yup. Not sure of the physics and whatnot but they can manage at least a few inches (2-4 maybe) on some vehicles. Again not sure of the limitations. Air Lift is one example.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup. Not sure of the physics and whatnot but they can manage at least a few inches (2-4 maybe) on some vehicles. Again not sure of the limitations. Air Lift is one example.
I have those on my RV. Mostly a helper type setup.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have those on my RV. Mostly a helper type setup.
There are probably different "levels" of how involved and what they are designed to do. I would *guess* that you have air bags over your leaf springs in the back of the RV. The bags instead of the coil spring would most likely give a greater range of adjustability.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this an unbadged BD with the upgraded rims?
Ford Bronco Broncos in the Shipping Yard!  ⛽?? 8AB2B4FF-8235-4539-ABC9-E8C951861D1B