Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy!

This weekend a fellow B6G’er @Primed_in and myself decided to head out to windrock park. A 73,000 acre off road park filled with 300 miles of trails near Knoxville, TN.

Before heading out we decided our path of play would be G1/11/50/89/66/51/53. This would take us to the northern part of the park with lots of neat views and obstacles. I’ve been wanting to hit panthers rock for a while so I was definitely looking forward to the famous view.

THE EQUIPMENT:

@Primed_in - Badlands no Sasquatch. Diode pod and fog lights.

Myself - Sasquatched Badlands with Ford/Warn winch. Rigid pod lights and light bar.
Recover gear between the two of us:
Warn snatch block, 2 Kinetic ropes, 2 straps, 3 d rings, RC air compressor, ARB twin compressor with case, and set of two radios.

THE START:

We decided to meet at the general store to air down which went smoothly with the MORRFlate kit. Meeting @Primed_in for the first time and being greeted by his “Safety second” shirt immediately told me it was going to be a fun one. G1 is rather tame with some rocky swimming pools and some rock fields here and there to keep you on your toes. It wraps around a mountain and provides some pretty neat views to start the day.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! BBD595E3-C102-4016-95F9-F973ED305598

THE FUN:

PART 1:

@Primed_in had ran trail 11 previously and strongly suggested it was going to be fun time. It didn’t take long till we met up with a group with 2 four wheelers, a sweet SxS and a honda pioneer. We would join our minds together to conquer the two challenging uphill faces trail 11 presents. 4L, rear locker, and sway bar disconnected and both bronco’s would walk over the rocks with minimal effort. The Sasquatch package would prove its worth with the extra clearance allowing me to keep bash plates/rock rails rather unused. Below are some pictures of trail 11, rated a blue on windrock‘s scale of green to double black.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 2EFBB925-EE6D-4457-8DF5-4B51BD769998

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 8872B399-DFF6-4D3A-8BDF-925E18F6574F

PART 2:

Trail 50, 89, and 66 proved to be rather tame thanks to the adrenaline rush trail 11 provided. Trail 51 would prove its worth as a blue shortly after arriving.. Some off camber and somewhat steep portions would keep us working to get to panthers rock. The first picture below is shortly before we arrived at the rock. The following picture is @Primed_in having a little too much fun and getting a kiss on the door and a free fender delete on the passenger side. We would continue the veer right, dodge trees, and arrive to meetup with the guys we met before to take in the view panthers rock provided. Once they got off the rock we had our chance to hop on the rock and get some pics.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! BF40DE39-0E10-4C2C-8E17-CD8B5844D4DA

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 696CF701-AA44-475C-AB11-F7E92F155B5C

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! E7029F4A-C2E1-4026-B8DF-B00A3A88A0E6

PART 3 (panthers rock and the swim):

Once we took in the unique view with our bronco’s on the rock it was time to trek out which would pose its own quirks. @Primed_in decided to veer off to the left of a mud pit anticipating not enough clearance to get into the hole but thought I would be good. Well we were wrong. “ F**k it why not” would be the last words. Dropped in and quickly realized it would be fun. When in doubt THROTTLE out! Well that didn’t work and it was winch time after trying to fidget it out. Climbed out the passenger window like a NASCAR driver and the recovery started. The Warn winch made easy work of the recovery and we were on our way. The sway bar decided it wouldn’t reconnect for a bit but after the third on/off of the car in the span of about 20 minutes all was good. Later on about 800 feet onto trail 53 there was a un-winchable tree blocking the trail so reverse it was.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 606EE432-DC5B-4342-B7BC-E7A89607E0CD

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 739AA70C-69FB-4FE6-AA23-6BAA929BCF57

PART 4(the out): We took some logging roads out and both hooked up our compressors and aired up. This being the first trip with the MORRFlate kit I can definitely say it’ll be worth the investment in the long run.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 2BEFABAE-0E3C-42BE-A1E8-EB88EF1C9AA0

Ending thoughts:

What a great day to go use these absolute beasts of vehicles. It was a blast to go out and put them to use for what they were designed for. Everywhere we went we were greeted by other off road enthusiasts who loved seeing the broncos doing what they do best. We plan on doing this again(not the swim portion) and would love for some others to join! Cheers!

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! CFD5C621-7787-4576-98E3-19DAAF64C9FD
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great feature here on BG6. This is another example of a fine community and showcases the capability of the Bronco.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a blast!

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Howdy!

This weekend a fellow B6G’er @Primed_in and myself decided to head out to windrock park. A 73,000 acre off road park filled with 300 miles of trails near Knoxville, TN.

Before heading out we decided our path of play would be G1/11/50/89/66/51/53. This would take us to the northern part of the park with lots of neat views and obstacles. I’ve been wanting to hit panthers rock for a while so I was definitely looking forward to the famous view.

THE EQUIPMENT:

Myself - Sasquatched Badlands with Ford/Warn winch. Rigid pod lights and light bar.
Warn snatch block, 2 Kinetic ropes, 2 straps, 3 d rings, RC air compressor, ARB twin compressor with case, and set of two radios.

THE START:

We decided to meet at the general store to air down which went smoothly with the MORRFlate kit. Meeting @Primed_in for the first time and being greeted by his “Safety second” shirt immediately told me it was going to be a fun one. G1 is rather tame with some rocky swimming pools and some rock fields here and there to keep you on your toes. It wraps around a mountain and provides some pretty neat views to start the day.

Ford Bronco Broncos off-road in Windrock Park and go for a swim! 1644859360720

THE FUN:

PART 1:

@Primed_in had ran trail 11 previously and strongly suggested it was going to be fun time. It didn’t take long till we met up with a group with 2 four wheelers, a sweet SxS and a honda pioneer. We would join our minds together to conquer the two challenging uphill faces trail 11 presents. 4L, rear locker, and sway bar disconnected and both bronco’s would walk over the rocks with minimal effort. The Sasquatch package would prove its worth with the extra clearance allowing me to keep bash plates/rock rails rather unused. Below are some pictures of trail 11, rated a blue on windrock‘s scale of green to double black.

PART 2:

Trail 50, 89, and 66 proved to be rather tame thanks to the adrenaline rush trail 11 provided. Trail 51 would prove its worth as a blue shortly after arriving.. Some off camber and somewhat steep portions would keep us working to get to panthers rock. The first picture below is shortly before we arrived at the rock. The following picture is @Primed_in having a little too much fun and getting a kiss on the door and a free fender delete on the passenger side. We would continue the veer right, dodge trees, and arrive to meetup with the guys we met before to take in the view panthers rock provided. Once they got off the rock we had our chance to hop on the rock and get some pics.

Once we took in the unique view with our bronco’s on the rock it was time to trek out which would pose its own quirks. @Primed_in decided to veer off to the left of a mud pit anticipating not enough clearance to get into the hole but thought I would be good. Well we were wrong. “ F**k it why not” would be the last words. Dropped in and quickly realized it would be fun. When in doubt THROTTLE out! Well that didn’t work and it was winch time after trying to fidget it out. Climbed out the passenger window like a NASCAR driver and the recovery started. The Warn winch made easy work of the recovery and we were on our way. The sway bar decided it wouldn’t reconnect for a bit but after the third on/off of the car in the span of about 20 minutes all was good. Later on about 800 feet onto trail 53 there was a un-winchable tree blocking the trail so reverse it was.

PART 4(the out): We took some logging roads out and both hooked up our compressors and aired up. This being the first trip with the MORRFlate kit I can definitely say it’ll be worth the investment in the long run.

Ending thoughts:

What a great day to go use these absolute beasts of vehicles. It was a blast to go out and put them to use for what they were designed for. Everywhere we went we were greeted by other off road enthusiasts who loved seeing the broncos doing what they do best. We plan on doing this again(not the swim portion) and would love for some others to join! Cheers!

what trim is the blue Bronco? Stock?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the invite..🤣🤣

Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love Windrock, rode there many times when I had my SxS. Just sold it as the wife couldn't go anymore . There are some fun and challenging trails there. Looks like you had a great day.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, hold on... I saw a thread yesterday where someone said the 4 door is strictly a grocery vehicle and comfort SUV, and not an off roader... I'M SO CONFUSED!! HOW DID A 4 DOOR GET TO THIS LOCATION AND DO SO WELL!?! /s

Hahaha, you love to see it!
As someone with a 4 door SAS BL who also actually uses it off road, I'm digging these pictures!
Looks like y'all had a ton of fun.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Howdy!

THE EQUIPMENT:

THE START:

THE FUN:

PART 1:

PART 2:

Ending thoughts:

Looks like a blast! I'm considering the Windrock day Friday at Super Celebration but the description makes it sounds like they do tamer trails. Anybody want to branch off and do a 6G trip out there that Friday? I got my fill of dealing with muddy water in the interior back in high school so I avoid deep mud holes nowadays but that rocky trail 11 looks amazing.:cool:

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in for a group trip.

OP
OP
BoMiltenberger

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome! We live in Knoxville and have been out there to mountain bike. Would love to join in on the next trip out.
Drop me a DM and we will make sure to include you next time around!
Sponsored