Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the insight flip.

IMO I think Ford will piss many people off they hit the lots and get sold before the reservations are filled.

I'm diehard Ford so I will wait but I will admit it is very frustrating.
Absolutely there will be Broncos for sale on the lots or for certain orders before every single reservation is filled. Not many at first, but as time goes by yes. It's just the nature of production runs.

As the months add up, Ford will have extra vehicles from various productions runs, based on what makes sense in terms of factory utilization and parts. Ford even alluded to that in their initial statement related to reservations.

I doubt Ford will lose money and sales putting all those Broncos in a pen somewhere, collecting dust until the very last reservation holder gets her/his Bronco. Or prematurely halting production runs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think Ford’s going to be serious about the take rate on these. Not sure what first step penalties (loss of allocation?) they’ll do but they seem intent on policing it. Units showing on line is far different than selling ordered units like stock.
Can I get clarification on something please?

If say my dealer were to do something shady like sell all these canceled orders and be over the 20% allowed (which I understand is 20% per month). And let's say dealer loses allocation. Does that mean that people with reservations get screwed because allocation was taken away? Or is it MY22 allocation?

I'm just curious, because if that's the case, seems more like the customers get screwed, not the dealer. 🤷‍♂️

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the stupidest thread in awhile.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because it's not a FE lol

Its whomever selling it putting first edition as the title to "justify" that absurd price
It’s a FE with a base photo. (E5F in the Vin identifies 2D FE)

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll call bs.
Well if you want one here is how to get one in September.

This is their reply to me just now.

"Yes we will have a Bronco here soon. It is our demo and is available. It will not be delivered until September but you can fill out a credit app, agree to terms and put a deposit on it now."

Sponsored

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Selling a manny this fast is a one way ticket out of the bronco business.
Ford don’t really care just so long as money changes hand dealer won’t tell you what who’s and when, just hope they were priority builds

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should have wrote drive it home "By September", man I'm slipping. 😂

WhoaNelly

Big Bend
First Name
Viraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, MV Agusta TV800
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Out of curiosity, I called a local dealer here in UT that had one listed for sale at 10K over sticker, and the salesman said it is their Badlands demo unit that will be there shortly. He said that they have to hang on to it for 6 months, but they will sell it with a deposit and not necessarily do all the paperwork, prior to the 6 months. I asked if they would be letting customers drive it and was told "absolutely not, it will just sit on the showroom". So I guess all their customers with orders are SOL, that were hoping for a test drive.
That's kinda rotten. My local dealer that I have my reservation with has communicated over email that he'll be sending out emails to reservation holders to reserve slots for a test-drive. I guess every dealer will do as they please. In your case, looks like they're gonna keep the mileage down for max sale price.

BadlandsBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Suzuki Samurai Modified, 2017 F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any news is good news, probably won’t see mine until a year from now since my reservation date was in December. Oh well should be plenty of wheel choices by then and tunes well tested.
Sponsored