Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It opens and holds at 45, 90 and 120 degrees. Under 45 and there is closing pressure on the strut. In between the other positions, there is opening pressure. Beautiful!
I didn't notice as mine is either 100% open or closed. I have a 2 door hard top, so the gate has to be 100% open to lift the rear window.This is probably different with the 4 door, if this is what you have.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst thing for me is that even with front mud flaps the amount of dirt (mud, snow, ice, road dirt) that gets caught on the rear wheel fenders, and then when you open the door, the door scrapes it off the fender. If there is a lot of sand/rocks the door is getting the edge ground by all that dirt. I installed some door edge guard along that small strip just to deal with this. We shall see how well the edging holds up. Once I get my Rhino D6 sliders installed this should almost get rid of this but still annoying.

Also how you have to slam the door like a Wrangler to get them fully closed. Otherwise this vehicle is freaking awesome!

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 16FD75C9-FC7F-4888-8271-226A3C121805

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 748E676D-AED5-4D0A-A710-A12A92A213EB

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats everyones deal with the visors? They are the smallest visors on any of my vehicles. Its the tiny windshield...
Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 4DE6C5CF-1F01-43B8-8ADE-19253D33C1AA

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A

Last edited:

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure if it’s a quirk of the Bronco or myself, but i find myself visiting the dealer parking lot looking at Broncos at least once a day like a baby daddy on visitation

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• “Do you want to return to [last used] mode?” - YES.
  • Some rattle from the front latch area of the soft top, particularly in the cold.
  • Slow speed of the frameless window lower-on-open, to clear the weather seal, which is noticeably slower than mustang.
  • Seat belt wind flapping 😂

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats everyones deal with the visors? They are the smallest visors on any of my vehicles. Its the tiny windshield...
It's a mixture of both lol first thing I noticed on my bronco is if I put the visor down to block the sun it covers 100% of my windshield view. The remedy is to leave it halfway down so it won't block all the windshield but please make sure to raise it from the half position right before you get into a crash so it won't decapitate you. :cool:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One quirk I noticed is the speedometer tilts down instead of up so makes it awkward to see the proper speed If you are tall. Nothing serious just interesting that they positioned it tilted down instead of up like 99% of other vehicles.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My recirculating air turns off periodically while on the hwy. Then it seems like it’s on high/7 instead of 1 or 2 where it was at. I put the recirculate back on and sometimes it goes back to the way it was and sometimes it doesn’t. At least not for a couple more minutes.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A

Had to be big enough to add all the “Warning Placards”. :LOL:

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ok, I have 2.

That the volume control is on the left hand of the steering wheel. Maybe I'm just more of a left handed driver. But it drives me nuts that I can easily access volume in 2 places with my hands, left hand on the wheel, right hand on the gear shifter (easily access the volume dial right in front of it) but to change the station I need to move my hands all over the place! I change the channel more than I adjust the volume.

No volume auto reset. (is this maybe a Ford thing?) But in like the last 3 cars I owned, if you had the volume turned all the way up, and you shut the car off, you could set an auto volume level when you turned the car back on. I've scared the crap outta myself a few times already because of this! haha

oh wait. 3.

Windshield wipers don't go down when you turn off the car. (again, maybe a Ford thing?)

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing too much yet:
-large window visors seem a little much.
-The rear gate needs to be all the way open, and it opens slowly, to lift up the rear window.

That's about it. I have been fortunate, no issues with my Bronco and I like how it is set up and functions.
Ours does not open easily. I thought it was suppose to swing to 90, but I have to force it.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I’ll be taking mine to the beach a lot. My fear is that it will attract too much attention from girls in bikinis
Or girls wanting to ride in the back with the the top off and them trying to earn Mardi Gras beads.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone else noticed how difficult the hood is to close/lock? You really have to let that thing fall hard from at least 18" or it does not want to latch. Of course, that is only my experience with dealership demos since I am still waiting for delivery :(

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ours does not open easily. I thought it was suppose to swing to 90, but I have to force it.
It seems like mine swings to 30, then 90, and then whatever the max is
Sponsored