First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So a while ago, I put together a list of options using the "survey pricing" and subsequent builds and it *looks* like the B&P is actually a touch cheaper than those earlier projections.

Anyway here is a comparison of my top three choices:

Black Diamond +SASQUATCH, +MID PACKAGE, +MIC top, + floor mats, +Cyber Orange;
(MID): $50,170
Unique characteristics: Marine Grade Vinyl Seats, Rubber Floor, Rock Rails (per PDF but maybe not), Rock Crawl and Sport GOAT modes, 35" tires (full Sasquatch package), NO front sway bar disconnect, 8" LCD instrument cluster

Badlands -NON SASQUATCH- +MID PACKACKAGE (and +HIGH), +MIC top, +floor mats, +Cyber Orange;
(MID):$50,925
(HIGH):$52,220
Unique characteristics: Marine Grade Vinyl Seats, Rubber Floor, Rock Rails (per B&P but maybe not), Rock Crawl and Baja GOAT modes, Front Sway Bar disconnect, NO full Sasquatch (but has lockers & HOSS) per B&P currently selected 4.7 final drive w/out Sasquatch, 33" tires, "High Level" instrument cluster

Wildtrak with SASQUATCH (included) +HIGH PACKAGE (and MID included), + floor mats, +Cyber Orange;
(MID):$52,550
(HIGH):$53,845
Unique characteristics: Cloth seats (digital cameo), Carpet Floor, Baja and Sport GOAT modes, 35" tires (full Sasquatch package), NO front sway bar disconnect, "High Level" instrument cluster

Included across all three options:
FOUR DOORS
2.7L V6 w/10spd auto
Front and Rear Locking Differentials
Position sensitive HOSS suspension
M210 front axles
M220 rear axles
4.7 final drive ratio (currently a standalone option in B&P separate from Sasquatch for BL)
7 GOAT modes (different modes across each trim, however)
Advance 4x4 system
Steel bumpers & bash plates (added on WT)
Minimum of MID package tech
Pre-wired auxiliary switches
Heated front seats

I think that about covers the similarities and differences. It looks like for a mid package build, the Badlands NON Sasquatch is the biggest bang for the buck, the lack of 35" tires and "high clearance fenders" is really all you are losing on the non-squatch and those can be remedied later in the after market (especially if you can option the 4.7 ala carte). But the mid package Wildtrak looks pretty competitive too - you only lose the front sway bar disconnect, but gain the full Sasquatch package.

Personally, it comes down to deciding if I want the 12" infotainment and 360^ camera. Choices, choices.

Also, keep in mind these are all built in Cyber Orange which is a $595 up-charge. Take that off and the Black Diamond is a sub $50,000 build!

JK
Sponsored

Last edited:

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So a while ago, I put together a list of options using the "survey pricing" and subsequent builds and it *looks* like the B&P is actually a touch cheaper than those earlier projections.

Anyway here is a comparison of my top three choices:

Black Diamond +SASQUATCH, +MID PACKAGE, +MIC top, + floor mats, +Cyber Orange: $50,170
Unique characteristics: Marine Grade Vinyl Seats, Rubber Floor, Rock Rails (per PDF but maybe not), Rock Crawl and Sport GOAT modes, 35" tires (full Sasquatch package), NO front sway bar disconnect, 8" LCD instrument cluster

Badlands -NON SASQUATCH- +MID PACKACKAGE (and +HIGH, +MIC top, +floor mats, +Cyber Orange;
(MID):$50,925
(HIGH):$52,220
Unique characteristics: Marine Grade Vinyl Seats, Rubber Floor, Rock Rails (per B&P but maybe not), Rock Crawl and Baja GOAT modes, Front Sway Bar disconnect, NO full Sasquatch (but has lockers & HOSS) per B&P currently selected 4.7 final drive w/out Sasquatch, 33" tires, "High Level" instrument cluster

Wildtrak with SASQUATCH (included) +HIGH PACKAGE (and MID included), + floor mats, +Cyber Orange;
(MID):$52,945
(HIGH):$54,240
Unique characteristics: Cloth seats (digital cameo), Carpet Floor, Baja and Sport GOAT modes, 35" tires (full Sasquatch package), NO front sway bar disconnect, "High Level" instrument cluster

Included across all three options:
Front and Rear Locking Differentials
Position sensitive HOSS suspension
M210 front axels
M220 rear axels
4.7 final drive ratio (currently a standalone option in B&P separate from Sasquatch for BL)
7 GOAT modes (different modes across each trim, however)
Advance 4x4 system
Steel bumpers & bash plates (added on WT)
Minimum of MID package tech
Pre-wired auxiliary switches
Heated front seats

I think that about covers the similarities and differences. It looks like the for a mid package the Badlands NON Sasquatch is the biggest bang for the buck, the lack of 35" tires and "high clearance fenders" is really all you are losing on the non-squatch and those can be remedied later in the after market.

Personally, it comes down to deciding if I want the 12" infotainment and 360^ camera. Choices, choices.

JK

Agreed on the best bang for your buck. About to build my BD!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yep set on Badlands -NON SASQUATCH but waiting to get clarification on roof rails and 2.7. right now I have a spec with 2.3 A10. I am not getting a bronco without the roof rails. you can get the crossbars separate as an accessory, but not the rails. if the rails end up on DIO, then I will order with 2.7 and go from there.

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yep set on Badlands -NON SASQUATCH but waiting to get clarification on roof rails and 2.7. right now I have a spec with 2.3 A10. I am not getting a bronco without the roof rails. you can get the crossbars separate as an accessory, but not the rails. if the rails end up on DIO, then I will order with 2.7 and go from there.
I'm pretty sure its a bug - but if not I guarantee someone will fix it in the aftermarket, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

JK

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the non squatched bad lands still lifted as much as the others? I've been going through the same thoughts. I also specd out a Black Diamond and would go that way 100% if they offered the High Package and head lights on it. I hate the yellow stitching on the Badlands vs the Blue on the Black Diamond. I also had planned to go with the Wildtrack, but that interior I can't do it. At least on the Badlands I can take it down to a local shop and have the seats redone with Leather of my choosing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the non squatched bad lands still lifted as much as the others? I've been going through the same thoughts. I also specd out a Black Diamond and would go that way 100% if they offered the High Package and head lights on it. I hate the yellow stitching on the Badlands vs the Blue on the Black Diamond. I also had planned to go with the Wildtrack, but that interior I can't do it. At least on the Badlands I can take it down to a local shop and have the seats redone with Leather of my choosing.
Its the "same" suspension as the Sasquatch so I'm assuming (me only) that the clearance for the bigger tires on the Sasquatch is coming from the "high clearance fenders/flares" that are included in the package. Also, somewhere around here its been quoted from Ford that the only difference between the BL and SAS _suspensions_ is a 10mm limiter on the Sasquatch setup (also probably to accommodate the 35" tires).

The grab handle highlights shouldn't be an issue - they are removable (the handles) so you could always buy the ones with the color you want and sell the OG handles.

JK

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its the "same" suspension as the Sasquatch so I'm assuming (me only) that the clearance for the bigger tires on the Sasquatch is coming from the "high clearance fenders/flares" that are included in the package. Also, somewhere around here its been quoted from Ford that the only difference between the BL and SAS _suspensions_ is a 10mm limiter on the Sasquatch setup (also probably to accommodate the 35" tires).

The grab handle highlights shouldn't be an issue - they are removable (the handles) so you could always buy the ones with the color you want and sell the OG handles.

JK
That's a good point about the handles and probably something I will do unless the aftermarket comes up with something I like more. As to the limit straps yah I have plans to go up to 39's that are well really 37.5's actual size with new rims. So its likely I will be looking at aftermarket lifts time will tell. I wish they would have just allowed the option to pic the interior you wanted instead of the mish-mash of options they chose for different trims. The Wildtrack was 100% going to be what I got but that interior including the tanish color of the dash is just a no go. So that leaves Badlands/Black Diamond as acceptable options based on interior base colors.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Non-sas badlands has a 1.2" lift over the other non-sas models.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have heard, sqautch suspension will be slightly taller by using taller springs to allow the 35"tires to fit well. It will also have bigger "bump stops" compared to the badlands. Thus further limiting your upward travel. This is most likely to prevent rubbing on the 35"ers when the shock is compressed. I dont personally find this the best way to fit the 35"ers.
Sponsored