Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost in bolts alone was about $100. The rest was not bad, as I had wood and liner on hand. But I do like the Goose Gear stuff. I like the recessed bolts and other options to add later. Yea a little expensive but probably worth it in the end.
Seems like you're a pretty accomplished wood worker, why didn't you just use countersunk bolts? With 1 extra step you get a much cleaner install. Other than that, your stuff looks as good as the Goose Gear stuff (minus some of the extra accessories).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with @Jdyount on this.
Maybe I'm not seeing something GG brings to the table for the cost, but your work here looks great to me.
Functional, protected with the liner, good Fit and finish work, and if you countersunk those bolts, personally it would work for quite a long time for me. If it were my rig.
I think you aren't giving yourself or your project here enough credit. I think it looks pretty killer!
But to each their own.
If I were a 2Dr owner I'd be more than happy to take this one when you switched to the GG.

OP
OP
Jubear

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm with @Jdyount on this.
Maybe I'm not seeing something GG brings to the table for the cost, but your work here looks great to me.
Functional, protected with the liner, good Fit and finish work, and if you countersunk those bolts, personally it would work for quite a long time for me. If it were my rig.
I think you aren't giving yourself or your project here enough credit. I think it looks pretty killer!
But to each their own.
If I were a 2Dr owner I'd be more than happy to take this one when you switched to the GG.
Thank you

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing what you have there you will be very disappointed with spending a grand plus on GooseGear. I'm sure their stuff is fine but no way is it better than what you've done.

You can also pull the seatbelts from the lower mounting points and Ty-Wrap them out of the way up by the roll bar. That's how I did mine.

Great Job.
Sponsored

Last edited: