First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty typical to wait 2-3 months to receive a no holds build. If you have a chip hold, common wait up to 4-6 months because Ford doesn't take the chips that come in and go clear them, they use them in production and your vehicle sits. At a year, there really is no explanation. Doubt I can tell you anything you didn't already know but I would be calling and escalating the matter with Ford AND the dealer.
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Ford representatives are very pleasant when I talk to them citing plausible reasons for the delay, such as, ...."They can't find a convoy/truck to ship it on" or "they just don't have the chips to finish it". My salesperson at the dealership is pleasant but has nothing more to add as he knows nothing more than I do and "his hands are tied".
I feel for ya, this is way beyond having your salesperson check on it for you or you contacting Bronco Customer Service. You need to escalate this to the General Manager/Owner of the dealership and have them start rattling a Ford regional reps phone and email. The dealers inventory manager should be able to track the VIN and see where it's sitting and why...if they can't offer any information about it, personally I would have asking the inventory manager to try to locate a similar one and have them ship it in for you or see if they have any unspoken for 2023 stock units they can option out to fit what you had ordered and earmark it for you.

Wish you the best of luck

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't disagree that peoples wait is a well documented issue, but built and now sitting for almost a year? Haven't seen that happen much.
My apologies OP. I didn't read it close enough. Seems like a few responses did what I did and didn't catch that has been almost a full year!

Almost wondering if your Bronco didn't get hijacked or sold out from under you. Your dealer should have been over backwards a long time ago.

OP
OP

Quest51

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
QUICK UPDATE:

Really appreciate everyone's input above. So I took a few of your recommendations and reached out to a few of my dealers Managers. I got a quick follow up saying that my situation was the first one like this that they had seen. He reached out to his plant manager contact in Michigan at Ford who said he was going to "look into it" and have a response by next week.

They might just be going through the motions to appease me, but I have to keep hope that there are some good people over at Ford who genuinely want to help. Will update here whenever I hear back.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really sounds a lot like what happened to mine. Kept waiting and waiting after built notice. Months. Dealer finally inquired with zone manager to see what was going on if it had been built. Zone manager found out it had been damaged waiting for shipment and was being scrapped! Ended up with a Priority 1 reorder at next scheduled build date. Was built quick and received within 9 days after being built if recall correctly

Sponsored

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

QUICK UPDATE:

Really appreciate everyone's input above. So I took a few of your recommendations and reached out to a few of my dealers Managers. I got a quick follow up saying that my situation was the first one like this that they had seen. He reached out to his plant manager contact in Michigan at Ford who said he was going to "look into it" and have a response by next week.

They might just be going through the motions to appease me, but I have to keep hope that there are some good people over at Ford who genuinely want to help. Will update here whenever I hear back.
I would request a 2023 w/ priority code 1 or a serious discount on the 2022. This is up there with some of the most ridiculous stories I have read on here.

J.Spicoli

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
QUICK UPDATE:

I would keep escalating with Ford the company. Sorry but I wouldn't trust the dealer. Escalate on every front you can. The more people you ask the more likely you get the right answer, you'll also see who isn't coming through for you. Besides, none of them will know you reached out to the others so you're not really hounding a single person. Lastly, can't help but think something bad happened whether vehicle damage and it's getting repaired or was totaled somehow and no one relayed it to you. Maybe it was shipped to the wrong place, have you tried googling your VIN? If it went to another dealer there should be a webpage for it.

Sorry man, hope you get things resolved.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds horrible.
Here I thought my 2 1/2 months on the original Dirt Mountain was hellish.

One in a million shot at raising the like of Mike Levine and/or Jim Farley on Twitter,Facebook, etc etc, but sometimes it works, especially if you can organize a mob attack on all the Ford web sites and just bury them with your issue.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question is what is the current fate of my 2022 "built awaiting shipment" combustion engine automobile.
Not sure how current this info is, but here ya go, a place to start.
Ford Executive Contact Info
Email works best.. send to all, be courteous, many have been very successful with resolutions.

Jim Azzouz
Director, Customer Experience
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Elena Ford
Chief Customer Experience Officer
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Frederiek Toney
Vice President Global Ford Customer Service Division
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
[email protected]

Chief Executive
Jim Farley
President and CEO
1 American Road
Dearborn, MI 48126
(313) 322-3000
[email protected]

Sarah Holm
Manager, Digital & Social Media Communications
1 American Rd
Dearborn, Michigan, 48126
Twitter @SarahHolm

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Per Rocketreach.com, Jim Farley’s email address is [email protected]. I would send an email. His executive assistant will receive it and escalate to the appropriate person. I did this years ago with AT&T and an I ssue that I could not get resolved at any other level was resolved in days.

nothing lights a fire under those corporate cronies like getting an email from the top.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Quest51

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2/24/23 UPDATE!

So I have huge amount of thanks to everyone who contributed and suggested taking action. I probably should have done this months ago and not been so patient.....

I emailed 5 executives including the big man himself, Jim Farley. I honestly wasn't expecting a response and was pessimistic. I also bypassed my sales guy at the dealership and sent a email to the GM at the same time. Only one day went by and I received a mysterious phone call from Michigan. Thinking it was spam, I let it go to VM. Low an behold it was Farley's executive assistant who let me know she was looking into the matter and would be making some "calls". Literally 15 minutes later, I receive a phone call from the general manager at my dealership stating that he heard from Ford production, and that my Bronco had a "resolution plan" and had been "Marked hot with carrier".

10 Days later my Bronco had been delivered to the dealership. Windshield recall had already been fixed and I was able to take delivery. Dealership was very transparent. Honoring MSRP pricing without the MY22.5 price increase.

Can't say enough about Farley's executive assistant. I'm convinced that she made the necessary call that made things happen.....and happened fast.

ORDER DATE 11/26/21
BUILD DATE 3/20/22
DELIVERY DATE 2/22/23

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2/24/23 UPDATE!

So I have huge amount of thanks to everyone who contributed and suggested taking action. I probably should have done this months ago and not been so patient.....

I emailed 5 executives including the big man himself, Jim Farley. I honestly wasn't expecting a response and was pessimistic. I also bypassed my sales guy at the dealership and sent a email to the GM at the same time. Only one day went by and I received a mysterious phone call from Michigan. Thinking it was spam, I let it go to VM. Low an behold it was Farley's executive assistant who let me know she was looking into the matter and would be making some "calls". Literally 15 minutes later, I receive a phone call from the general manager at my dealership stating that he heard from Ford production, and that my Bronco had a "resolution plan" and had been "Marked hot with carrier".

10 Days later my Bronco had been delivered to the dealership. Windshield recall had already been fixed and I was able to take delivery. Dealership was very transparent. Honoring MSRP pricing without the MY22.5 price increase.

Can't say enough about Farley's executive assistant. I'm convinced that she made the necessary call that made things happen.....and happened fast.

ORDER DATE 11/26/21
BUILD DATE 3/20/22
DELIVERY DATE 2/22/23
Emailing the CEO of a major corporation to complain about an issue is now 3 for 3...Comcast, AT&T, and now Ford. I am happy to hear this worked out for you!!
Sponsored