Sponsored

What does having Reservation really mean?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not to be a downer but reserved Broncos will be built first while the workers are being trained and the assembly process kinks are being worked out. :eek:
That's just the opinion of someone who worked in auto/truck assembly plants for 34 years.
That's what the First Editions are for :)
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good question especially for those who reserved a first edition.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to be a downer but reserved Broncos will be built first while the workers are being trained and the assembly process kinks are being worked out. :eek:
That's just the opinion of someone who worked in auto/truck assembly plants for 34 years.
Atleast we will get the most value from the warranty we are purchasing. ?

Honestly after all the testing and development time they put into the Bronco I'm not too concerned.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does having a reservation actually do for you? Seems like it does not guarantee you will get one, doesnā€™t guarantee pricing, or anything. It seems to me itā€™s just a way for the dealer to get your contact information. Any incite into this?

I think if you really want to make sure you get one you need to be in close contact with your dealer and get on there wait list and put down real money(1000+) if you really want to get one.

I guess what Iā€™m saying is if you donā€™t do that and you got 100 reserve on one Online and the dealer has a list of 100 people with big down payment for one they gonna get one not you?
What the reservation does is get's you an allocation and helps control ADM's. Yes, Ford'll say that it doesn't guarantee one, etc to make sure they don't get sued, and I'm sure there is lots of legal extras in there for Ford's protection.

That said the way it is supposed to work (and I think it will work out) is that the reservations will give dealers sold units without taking away from their allocations, so a reservation doesn't prevent us from getting another unit. In a normal launch we'd only get a handful of Broncos, and a few dealers would get lots, but most wouldn't have enough to meet demand. They'd buy units from other dealers for high prices further driving up ADM's. For example, on Shelby GT500, we had a dealer offer us $7k over sticker so I sold it to him, no idea what he's got it sold for.

With the reservation system, I've already got more reservations than I could sell and it doesn't affect my regular allocations.

As to the saying they'll be built before any stock units, I'm not as sure about that one. On a new model launch, Ford usually doesn't build any sold units until the Ok to ship (now I think they call it OK to buy). They do this so units don't get stuck at the plant on a quality hold if there are any issues. Also they build units and hold them to start, my understanding is they don't leave any room between so first built gets parked in and will be the last one shipped once they start shipping.

So based on my 25 years of ordering Fords, this is what I think will happen. Ford will begin taking orders and start converting reservations. Production will start with stock (or fleet, rental fleets are a good place for testing new models, lots of units together for inspections). The dealers will also get Mannequin units this time (every dealer could get 2 extra early build Bronco Sports, but they have to be courtesy transportation and have a accessory package installed, they said Bronco would have this as well and sign up would be later). After a month (my guess, could be 2, could be less) of production the Ok to ship will be given and the reservations will start scheduling. Reservations will schedule in order, but will jump around a bit as certain commodities will run out each week. So there will be some that ship and get on dealers lots before the reservation units, but not many, then dealers won't get more until the reservations catch up, which I suspect could be a long time. I also suspect Ford will have a retail order program once reservations are over like we currently have on Escape and Edge to get sold units over allocation as this will help limit ADMs later on, but I'm betting reservations will take a while to get all built, especially if they keep taking them until December.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m thinking being first on your dealers actual list with 1 to 5k down gives you better probability and ahead of someone that has 100 down reservation and some people are going to get screwed. There is so many unknowns with this process and nothing is promised if you read the fine print.
You need to understand the reservation process. The $100 reservation fee GUARANTEES you a spot ahead of any client that comes into the dealership wanting to order a Bronco. Your order does not go against dealer allocation and is basically a free sale for them, unlike a customer who walks in wanting to order one rather than choosing an existing model on the lot. When itā€™s time to order, you will then get your $100 refund back, the dealer will place your order with Ford and collect from you the deposit, which from what I am hearing is $1,000 today. This deposit may be non refundable. When your vehicle is built and delivered to the dealer, you complete your purchase with the rest of your down payment and arranged financing or cash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It means being able to own one before the 23 model year comes out.

itā€™s essentially ā€œdibsā€

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Essentially, these are just 0% interest loans for Ford. THAT is the true reason they are doing this. I will say though, don't mind giving that loan for a place in line.
Look again...your credit card statement will show your payment being made to the reserving dealership, not Ford Motor Co. I thought the same as you until I saw who got credited with the payment. Itā€™s a free loan to the dealer......which makes me wonder what would happen if the dealer goes belly up due toCovid-19. Maybe Ford checks out the dealers financials before allowing them to participate in the reservation process

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made two reservations because I changed my mind on the model... the first on one on reveal day for the Wildtrack and the second one the following day for Badlands. The dealer contacted me within a couple of days after making the reservations and I asked him if I should cancel the first reservation. He told me to keep both reservations until more information was available... so I did.

So today I got an email from Ford about confirming or changing your dealer. It also states that you can change ANY aspect of the Bronco so now it doesn't matter that I have two reservations - one for Wildtrack and one for Badlands. I do want to change to a dealer that is a bit closer to me and I'm tempted to just change one of the two reservations to this other dealer. That way I can just go with whichever dealer is ready to to place my order or has better incentives (if any).

Anyone doing something similar?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I made two reservations because I changed my mind on the model... the first on one on reveal day for the Wildtrack and the second one the following day for Badlands. The dealer contacted me within a couple of days after making the reservations and I asked him if I should cancel the first reservation. He told me to keep both reservations until more information was available... so I did.

So today I got an email from Ford about confirming or changing your dealer. It also states that you can change ANY aspect of the Bronco so now it doesn't matter that I have two reservations - one for Wildtrack and one for Badlands. I do want to change to a dealer that is a bit closer to me and I'm tempted to just change one of the two reservations to this other dealer. That way I can just go with whichever dealer is ready to to place my order or has better incentives (if any).

Anyone doing something similar?

Yeah all these folks that are making multiple reservations because they don't know which trim that want made no sense since you can change everything.

Having multiple reservations because we are limited on dealer switching makes great sense. I wonder if it is too late to get a 2nd one now. I really want the ability to have at least 2 local dealers compete for my business.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It means even though you called ahead, theyā€™ll still give your table away to someone ā€œmore importantā€
Sponsored