Sponsored

BuiltRight Industries - Cargo Area MOLLE System - Seeking feedback!

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suggestion feedback

this may have been ask if so I apologize - I presume you will have various size molle strips to order?
Second I ordered a table from ford for back. I suspect I will like you application when done. Could you consider matching the mounting screws to fit the ford tailgate table so it is an easy change out? Thanks
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BuiltRight Industries , a few questions; Are there pictures of the panels without gear on them? I'd like to see what will be covered up by the panels. Will the doors(in the bags) still fit in the cargo area with the panels installed? Thanks.
There is a picture of the panels installed without gear, on their site.

Lawndart145

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any pics of the panels on a 4 door?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cargo panels look great. I noticed in their images there is a cutout for the storage pockets on the passenger side but not the driver side. Is that accurate? @BuiltRight Industries
I think that's because there isn't storage on the driver side rear.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suggestion feedback

this may have been ask if so I apologize - I presume you will have various size molle strips to order?
Second I ordered a table from ford for back. I suspect I will like you application when done. Could you consider matching the mounting screws to fit the ford tailgate table so it is an easy change out? Thanks
These are already available for order so I don't know if they are technically still looking for feedback. They do have various straps and clamps available on their site like the ones you see them using on the molle panels in their pictures like the ones holding the recovery rope, the maglite and the shovel.

Sponsored

Oh yea Bronco!

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10/21/214dr BB, 2.7, A51. & ā€˜90 Wrangler V6 MT 4.2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Alright, the time has finally come to share a bit of this project with you guys. If you aren't familiar with @BuiltRight Industries, have a look at the two threads that I'll link to below for an idea of what we do and check out this page for who we are. We invented (and patented) the MOLLE panel system for the bed of a pickup truck and we've been excited to bring the experience and feedback of tens of thousands of customers to the Bronco platform. I've got a 2dr Big Bend myself, which has been our R&D vehicle for the past month or so. Loving it so far!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/builtright-industries-innovative-gear-mounting-systems.15443/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oduct-development-small-business-style.16269/

Project: Cargo Area MOLLE System for 2dr and 4dr Bronco

Purpose: The goal with this system is to offer a modular way to mount tools, gear, accessories and so on in the cargo area of your Bronco. We want the panels to be easy to install and unobtrusive when it comes to using the cargo area for other purposes. The panels must be strong enough to support the weight of heavier items, like an ARB compressor or recovery gear. The goal is to make use of otherwise unusable space in order to keep your cargo area clear for other gear.

Background: I had typed out a long story here but decided to just keep it simple. Ford reached out in 2019 asking us to design MOLLE panels for the Bronco. Excited by the opportunity (but taking care to protect our best ideas), we met virtually and in person a number of times, reviewing Ford objectives, Bronco models and so on. We developed some concepts, shared rough details and manufacturing costs before it was made clear to us that we'd need to sacrifice our quality and manufacturing standards in order to meet price targets. I expressed concern and that was basically the end of that. Fast forward and the dealer catalog shows some MOLLE panel products that are nearly identical to my sketches. Luckily, we didn't share actual CAD models and I'm a terrible artist :LOL:. That being said, by now you've all seen the quality (or lack of) being demonstrated there, so we're even more excited to share what we've been working on.

We're damn close, but would love some feedback or to hear your ideas before we proceed to production and get these ready for you. We've been tight lipped until now, knowing that copycats won't be far behind, but I can't stand to bring a product like this to market without feedback from my fellow enthusiasts that might improve the product and its usefulness!

Process: With every project, we begin by collecting 3D data from the vehicle. In this case, I had the opportunity to fly out to the SEMA Garage in California with my scanner and 3D scan a 3dr and 4dr badlands for about 6hrs. This gave us what we needed to begin designing so that when our R&D vehicles arrived, we'd be able to hit the ground running. From there, we produce prototypes, test, break, revise, produce again, test again and so on. Being a very small business, we have the freedom to experiment and refine the product without 'bean counters' breathing down our necks to cut costs or speed up development. The result of both of those things can be seen in a lot of the 'first to market' products that have been shipping, in our opinion.

bronco_molle_panels_7.JPG

Features (we can add to this based on the discussion):
  • No-drill installation, easily completed with basic hand tools
  • Compatible with top-on and topless driving
  • Does not impact factory tie downs of their ability to lay flat
  • Does not negatively impact storage capacity of cargo area
  • Solid steel construction with factory fit and finish
  • Provisions for attaching a cargo basket that doubles as security lid

We'd like your help! We've already been through a few iterations here and I'm very happy with the mounting and installation procedure (no drilling being a primary requirement). I'm just going to share a few photos of my 2dr below to get the juice flowing and kick off the conversation. Would love to hear from you guys regarding thoughts, concerns, feedback, ideas, how you'd use panels like this and so on. Keep in mind that these panels are really a 'blank canvas' and will be used as a platform for a host of other mounts and accessories that we've been working on (cargo trays, etc).

I'll respond to every single comment in this thread and will be keeping a list of people that indicate that they're interested (something like "I'm in!" works) so that we can circle back when pre-orders are live.

Matt Beenen
Engineering

bronco_molle_panels_4.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_1.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_5.jpg

bronco_molle_panels_6.jpg
TLTR

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that's because there isn't storage on the driver side rear.
There is though - itā€™s not the same rectangle opening, but there is a storage ā€œpocketā€ on the driver side. Looks like youā€™ll lose that.
Ford Bronco BuiltRight Industries - Cargo Area MOLLE System - Seeking feedback! 60F4E37D-DA05-46C2-BC15-562ED8A6E265

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is though - itā€™s not the same rectangle opening, but there is a storage ā€œpocketā€ on the driver side. Looks like youā€™ll los e that.
Ford Bronco BuiltRight Industries - Cargo Area MOLLE System - Seeking feedback! 60F4E37D-DA05-46C2-BC15-562ED8A6E265
Thank you for finding that. I would be surprised if they don't leave an opening there as well. They have been making these a long time and are all about maximizing storage, it would seem counterintuitive. I ordered them and am pretty excited for them. Even if I lose that cubby I have still gained a ton of storage. I ordered some of their straps and clamps as well.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for finding that. I would be surprised if they don't leave an opening there as well. They have been making these a long time and are all about maximizing storage, it would seem counterintuitive. I ordered them and am pretty excited for them. Even if I lose that cubby I have still gained a ton of storage. I ordered some of their straps and clamps as well.
Matt answered my question on FB:

ā€œSo on the 2dr, that area will be accessible from the ā€˜frontā€™ of the panel. The panel itself actually effectively increases the size of that spot. On the 4dr, the top of the panel is open, so you can reach that cubby from above. Neither is as easy as having a huge opening in the panel, but we didnā€™t want to give up mounting surface on both sides of the vehicle. šŸ‘ā€

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

will be ordering these 100%. got to take a break on the accessory spending though. lol

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

will be ordering these 100%. got to take a break on the accessory spending though. lol
After ordering these yesterday I did a quick bit of math in my head and wow, I won't do that again. I am finding , however, that my buyers remorse only lasts but a short time anymore. šŸ˜‚ I am also rationalizing it that once I actually get my ride there will be precious little I will have left to add. That's what I'm telling myself anyhow.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After ordering these yesterday I did a quick bit of math in my head and wow, I won't do that again. I am finding , however, that my buyers remorse only lasts but a short time anymore. šŸ˜‚ I am also rationalizing it that once I actually get my ride there will be precious little I will have left to add. That's what I'm telling myself anyhow.
time i add additional shipping to canada and conversion iā€™m pushing $700 for these. awesome idea and mod though definitely be next in line but iā€™m continued infatuation with KC Hilites is keeping my wallet occupied at the moment

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

time i add additional shipping to canada and conversion iā€™m pushing $700 for these. awesome idea and mod though definitely be next in line but iā€™m continued infatuation with KC Hilites is keeping my wallet occupied at the moment
Yeah that would be a hard pill to swallow indeed.

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve read the pages and the description on the website and canā€™t seem to find an answer. Pardon me if itā€™s been posted already. Is this compatible with the soft top? From the design it looks like itā€™s a no. If it is compatible, take my money.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve read the pages and the description on the website and canā€™t seem to find an answer. Pardon me if itā€™s been posted already. Is this compatible with the soft top? From the design it looks like itā€™s a no. If it is compatible, take my money.
I can't see why soft or hard top would matter. They are mounted under the sub floor and to the side paneling using all existing screw holes. Just e-mail Matt at BuiltRight, he is super responsive.
Sponsored