First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Decided to ditch the factory running board on my ride. I'm going to be using IAG Rock Rails. I had the Ford front mud guards but they could not be mounted while the factory running boards were installed. I think it looks much better without the boards on. One thing I really like is the rock rails tuck up tight to the body. Those will go on tomorrow.

20240319_155347.jpg

20240319_140901.jpg
Sponsored

jrandy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did the same thing to my OBX. OEM running boards just look 'meh' to me... Swapped with OEM rock rails and it looks 10x better.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine are in my garage, I took them off the Wildtrak to put GOAT fab rails on. Love the look so much better.

Reactions: JBS
OP
OP
Peepers

Peepers

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update to ditching factory running boards.
Installed the IAG Rock Rails today. I think it looks much with them than the factory running boards. Having three arms would have come in handy but I managed to get them installed without hurting me, my ride or the rails! Only thing is I can no longer use the Ford front mud guards. I guess I'll be shopping for some new ones. I also installed my new black 1 piece lugnuts.
Ford Bronco Bye bye factory running boards 1000138569

One Deplorable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and a Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I couldn't agree more.
I've had my Outer banks for about a year and a half. Went to add the Rough Country power running boards last week and could not believe how much better it looked without the factory running boards.
Added the RC boards. Wasn't super easy but they work great and look way better up and down.
Ran into a few interesting things during the install. Thinking about making a new thread on that. Lots of vids on the install in general but only a couple for the Bronco.

Doug_life

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you had any increase of rock chips since removing them?

I hear rocks hit my running boards everytime i go from gravel to pavement. (Which is daily, since I have a gravel driveway)
Sponsored