David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is about as "sciency" as I got with this, but I knew there was going to be a significant difference. I didn't like the hum of the Goodyears from day one and today I got around to getting new BFG KO2 tires installed. Before removing the OEM tires, I took a db reading at highway speed using an app on my iPhone. No radio on or anything else. The max on the meter represents what was recorded inside. It was a constant 81db hum going down the highway at 65-70mph.

After the swap, same test only now running the BFG tires, and it is a HUGE difference to my ears. Down to a 73-74db while driving. Will be interesting to see if these BFG get louder as they wear. I had a set of Wilkpeaks that did that to me after about 15k miles.

Also, for reference I have a 4-door Wildtrak with hardtop and OEM sound deadening headliner installed.

Ford Bronco Cabin noise level - Stock Goodyear vs BFG KO2 IMG_3374.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tnkirk

Wildtrak
First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD F150LARIAT SUPERCAB ICONIC SILVER
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was it with the Goodyears?

OP
OP
WildtrakBronco

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What was it with the Goodyears?
Got ahead of myself in the writing...the max reading on the meter (81db) is what registered as a constant at highway speed with the Goodyears.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is about as "sciency" as I got with this, but I knew there was going to be a significant difference. I didn't like the hum of the Goodyears from day one and today I got around to getting new BFG KO2 tires installed. Before removing the OEM tires, I took a db reading at highway speed using an app on my iPhone. No radio on or anything else. The max on the meter represents what was recorded inside. It was a constant 81db hum going down the highway at 65-70mph.

After the swap, same test only now running the BFG tires, and it is a HUGE difference to my ears. Down to a 73-74db while driving. Will be interesting to see if these BFG get louder as they wear. I had a set of Wilkpeaks that did that to me after about 15k miles.

Also, for reference I have a 4-door Wildtrak with hardtop and OEM sound deadening headliner installed.

Thank you. Just replaced my 315/70r17 K02s on my 2015 F150 and it is like "butter". K02s are awesome for quiet comfort and good AT traction. It will be hard not to put them on the Bronco when my Goodyears wear out. Discount Tire match BB wheels online price of $268 per tire!

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to see this confirmed. I plan on swapping to KO2s or another all terrain once my oem tires are done, I can't really talk on the phone above 65mph or so the tires and road noise are so loud.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What size KO2s? 285 70/R17 33 inch?

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you. Just replaced my 315/70r17 K02s on my 2015 F150 and it is like "butter". K02s are awesome for quiet comfort and good AT traction. It will be hard not to put them on the Bronco when my Goodyears wear out. Discount Tire match BB wheels online price of $268 per tire!
Thank you for the shout out! We appreciate the opportunity to assist with your tire purchase!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get way more wind noise from my soft top than I do from my OEM KO2's :ROFLMAO:
I personally can't hear the tires over the vortex of wind blowing in the "open window" in the back of my 2dr... lol

I used to assist in some testing of window a/c units at a large university here in Texas. The difference between 74 and 80db can actually be a big deal when exposed over time. We ended up buying ones that tested at 68db and those were so quiet in comparison. Found some older ones that were in the low 90's! I wonder what the wind noise I have at 75mph would show as.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw that the K03’s are out and I wonder if they are better. I have been planning to replace my stock rims and tires with K02’s and Icon Rebound Pro’s when the stock tires wear out.

I saw someone went with 285 70/r17’s without lifting and not removing the crash bars.

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How many miles were on the Goodyear tires?
Sponsored