Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was referring to the color combination. Jet grey and orange.
The old GT-40 is was a lot more blue, short of a black and white pic I have never seen gray in it. 🤷‍♂️

I like fighter jet gray..if thats not manly nothing is....
IMO they should have just left the color named that...
Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw a CG ranger the other day... looked very minty. CG Bronco sport at the dealer today, looked gray. In my eyes, they were completely different colors.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't need to post pics as there are now dozens of dealership pics of cactus gray.

However, I went to see Cactus Gray Bronco Sport at the dealership last night at sunset and also this morning in full sun(quite the treat to have full sun this time of year!).... In talking to the salesman last night this specific Sport has had multiple deposits retracted and sales fell through once the customers got to see the car in person. Black and silver Sports were purchased instead by those customers. A portent of what is to come? I believe so.

And the verdict on the paint color is: Mushroom or Condom Goo

Take your pic, some people complained about having the color called "condom goo" but that's a very accurate depiction of the color. If it bothers you and you're not up for growing thicker skin, then go with "mushroom" and your delicate sensibilities of what your eyes can behold.

Disappointment: Yes, I wish Ford had stuck with the showcase paint color.

Does this color need to exist on Bronco pallet: No. Slotting off-white between appliance white and boring silver was unnecessary. This hasn't changed my opinion that Ford mailed in the entire color pallet for this vehicle. The playbook was already written that your off road vehicles are where you can have some fun and try new things. Ford took that straight to a board meeting and fired somebody for speaking up.

This color will sell to the first round of customers who actually want that color, then it's going to turn into a lot cockroach that can't be sold. I can imagine this color also having an impact on resale value down the road. You're going to need to want this color to get it, otherwise you'll choose something more interesting or that looks less like the wall colorings of a meth lab or 1980's apartment.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't need to post pics as there are now dozens of dealership pics of cactus gray.

However, I went to see Cactus Gray Bronco Sport at the dealership last night at sunset and also this morning in full sun(quite the treat to have full sun this time of year!).... In talking to the salesman last night this specific Sport has had multiple deposits retracted and sales fell through once the customers got to see the car in person. Black and silver Sports were purchased instead by those customers. A portent of what is to come? I believe so.

And the verdict on the paint color is: Mushroom or Condom Goo

Take your pic, some people complained about having the color called "condom goo" but that's a very accurate depiction of the color. If it bothers you and you're not up for growing thicker skin, then go with "mushroom" and your delicate sensibilities of what your eyes can behold.

Disappointment: Yes, I wish Ford had stuck with the showcase paint color.

Does this color need to exist on Bronco pallet: No. Slotting off-white between appliance white and boring silver was unnecessary. This hasn't changed my opinion that Ford mailed in the entire color pallet for this vehicle. The playbook was already written that your off road vehicles are where you can have some fun and try new things. Ford took that straight to a board meeting and fired somebody for speaking up.

This color will sell to the first round of customers who actually want that color, then it's going to turn into a lot cockroach that can't be sold. I can imagine this color also having an impact on resale value down the road. You're going to need to want this color to get it, otherwise you'll choose something more interesting or that looks less like the wall colorings of a meth lab or 1980's apartment.
Why do you have so much hate for it? A lot of people like it, myself included. Not liking it is one thing, but constantly post-bashing it is another. Went back to my dealer yesterday to get another look at it on a 2021 Ranger and it was already sold. *shrugs*

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why do you have so much hate for it? A lot of people like it, myself included. Not liking it is one thing, but constantly post-bashing it is another. Went back to my dealer yesterday to get another look at it on a 2021 Ranger and it was already sold. *shrugs*
I decided to publish my opinions because I think they raise important questions worthy of closer examination or spirited debate. And so they have. To my mind, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing. Commentators who believe that I should have excluded my opinions, or seek to quell all opinions counter to their own undervalue their own contribution.

👆 Something to think about here in the land of free speech, eh? Those American tenets never bleed, right?

Just because somebody has an opinion which isn't your own doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Life is a spectrum, no matter how much modern society wants everything to be binary.

That the paint color let me down has value. It has also been expressed by others and there continue to be folks who lurk these pages or will be reading them at some point in the future for info which might help them make a decision.

And the fact that the ranger sold is a no-brainer. Ironically it was also something directly discussed in my post which you are now engaging in spirited debate (re-read the first paragraph of this post (y)), but I digress, sales figures for this color or even it's existence in 4 years time will be the proof in the pudding as to it's long term viability. Neither you nor I have the crystal ball to know where it ends up but it will be interesting to find out!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I decided to publish my opinions because I think they raise important questions worthy of closer examination or spirited debate. And so they have. To my mind, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing. Commentators who believe that I should have excluded my opinions, or seek to quell all opinions counter to their own undervalue their own contribution.

👆 Something to think about here in the land of free speech, eh? Those American tenets never bleed, right?

Just because somebody has an opinion which isn't your own doesn't mean it doesn't have value. Life is a spectrum, no matter how much modern society wants everything to be binary.

That the paint color let me down has value. It has also been expressed by others and there continue to be folks who lurk these pages or will be reading them at some point in the future for info which might help them make a decision.

And the fact that the ranger sold is a no-brainer. Ironically it was also something directly discussed in my post which you are now engaging in spirited debate (re-read the first paragraph of this post (y)), but I digress, sales figures for this color or even it's existence in 4 years time will be the proof in the pudding as to it's long term viability. Neither you nor I have the crystal ball to know where it ends up but it will be interesting to find out!
Ohhh, you are definately free to voice your opinion(nobody bigger on free speech than me). The rate at which you seem to attack it just seems....odd to me. I am curious as to what color, if any, you chose?

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cause he hates everything.

All he does is shit on everything around here. Just block him. Nothing he posts is worth reading.

I've rarely very encountered someone so sure of themselves and yet so unable to contribute anything of value on a forum before.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ohhh, you are definately free to voice your opinion(nobody bigger on free speech than me). The rate at which you seem to attack it just seems....odd to me. I am curious as to what color, if any, you chose?
In this case the "rate" was that the local dealership finally had a CG vehicle in stock so I took time out of the day to see in person, hoping beyond hope that it was closer to the showcase vehicle.

So I guess that "rate" was when something actually happened instead of conjecture? I dunno, seemed appropriate time-wise. Especially as we're here at the end of ordering period and there are still folks holding off until the last day to slip their orders in.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cause he hates everything.

All he does is shit on everything around here. Just block him. Nothing he posts is worth reading.

I've rarely very encountered someone so sure of themselves and yet so unable to contribute anything of value on a forum before.
And yet apparently you haven't ignored or blocked me.

You do you, buddy! Feel free to start making threads on your own to add content for the forum, i'm happy to learn and observe how it's done first hand and from a pro.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
And yet apparently you haven't ignored or blocked me.

You do you, buddy! Feel free to start making threads on your own to add content for the forum, i'm happy to learn and observe how it's done first hand and from a pro.

Eeh, you don't matter enough to me block and I find your childish self indulgent rants entertaining.

You think you're funnier and smart than everyone else.

You're not.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In this case the "rate" was that the local dealership finally had a CG vehicle in stock so I took time out of the day to see in person, hoping beyond hope that it was closer to the showcase vehicle.

So I guess that "rate" was when something actually happened instead of conjecture? I dunno, seemed appropriate time-wise. Especially as we're here at the end of ordering period and there are still folks holding off until the last day to slip their orders in.
So which color have you chosen?

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Quite a bit different when someone is presenting their opinion as "fact". but hey, you don't like the color? that's cool, man. We'll all just keep on moving on, I suppose.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Eeh, you don't matter enough to me block and I find your childish self indulgent rants entertaining.

You think you're funnier and smart than everyone else.

You're not.
Hard to believe I only have two years of community college under my belt. (seriously though, if we met it would be doubtful you get the impression I think I'm the smartest person in any room)

So which color have you chosen?
Original order sheet was Cactus Gray, that color let me down and ran around on me. Switched to Race Red.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cement gray in Toyota land has been out for a few years and has proven popular.

I like non mettalic colors and welcome variety although it is still just yet another shade of gray.
Sponsored