Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aren't most of those built and sitting in the holding lots though waiting for chips? that doesn't really affect the 2022 orders with no vin. they can slap those modules in and get them out the door pretty quick one would think.
Day 2 res and still waiting
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aren't most of those built and sitting in the holding lots though waiting for chips? that doesn't really affect the 2022 orders with no vin. they can slap those modules in and get them out the door pretty quick one would think.
Unfortunately not even close. When you consider that the vast majority of reservations were made 7/13-7/20/20 and there were 150,000 res by 7/30/20 and they've pumped out how many total now? Not very many in comparison, and a huge number of those have gone to folks without reservations at all lol. I do realize that not all reservations got converted to orders, but the majority did.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Called ford yesterday to chat about my order. #1 just to make sure it was still in there, and #2 to try to find some kind of answer as to when they think I might be getting a VIN/build date.

Keep in mind, I'm not a reservation holder. I placed a 2022 order in early November 2021. One of the 1st 5 orders for 2022s at the dealership I like to work with about a 90 minute drive from home.

I have a 22 race red badlands with every option but leather (lux, towing, hard top, etc) so pretty much every restrained item from the past.

The extremely nice gal from Ford said she had seen a ton (like thousands) of vins be issued in the last 7-10 days for vehicles very similarly spec'd as mine with those constrained items. Essentially all fully loaded broncos. It sounds like it's only a matter of time here (possibly weeks not months) before I get a VIN and build date. So we'll see...

Might have all been hot air, but figured I'd pass it along for those still painfully waiting. I'm only 5 months in here lol.
I had a reservation and canceled it. Never got a call or email from Ford or the dealership.
We’re up in Canada. Called and asked about our order we made in Dec.2021. The nicest lady that worked there said let’s open a file for you which she did.
Our Outer Banks 4 door,2.7, Sas,Lux,tow,hard top, roof rails, leather, modular bumper, rear door folding table, Aux switches, …. Area 51.
7 days after the call we got a call from our salesman with our Vin and build date For the week of May 23-22.

Last edited:

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely not! Tons not scheduled yet.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Called ford yesterday to chat about my order. #1 just to make sure it was still in there, and #2 to try to find some kind of answer as to when they think I might be getting a VIN/build date.

Keep in mind, I'm not a reservation holder. I placed a 2022 order in early November 2021. One of the 1st 5 orders for 2022s at the dealership I like to work with about a 90 minute drive from home.

I have a 22 race red badlands with every option but leather (lux, towing, hard top, etc) so pretty much every restrained item from the past.

The extremely nice gal from Ford said she had seen a ton (like thousands) of vins be issued in the last 7-10 days for vehicles very similarly spec'd as mine with those constrained items. Essentially all fully loaded broncos. It sounds like it's only a matter of time here (possibly weeks not months) before I get a VIN and build date. So we'll see...

Might have all been hot air, but figured I'd pass it along for those still painfully waiting. I'm only 5 months in here lol.
Well - the last nice gal I spoke with about my previous Badlands-2dr MIC-2.7-squatch-high-tow order told me no way it gets scheduled in 2022 with the tow package, even with a 7/14/20 reservation and #5 in line at my dealer. This while about a third of Broncos scheduling seem to be getting tow packages.

Since then I won a golden ticket and converted to a Raptor and received a VIN.

Sorry to burst your bubble, BUT my point is the nice people on the Ford line know very little and change their story / opinion seemingly caller to caller.

zachared

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March email saying mine was build and scheduled for delivery between 4/1 - 4/7. I just called and was told there is a "plant hold" and now the estimated delivery date is 4/21, but she was very clear that "it is subject to change." "Plant hold"?
Aug 2020 reservation. 4DR Badlands, HT, 2.3, Lux

Swampy

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F350 XLT Crewcab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it's still a no for me. Ford Marketing was helpful but there are still delays.

I ordered a Two Door Black Diamond Sasquatch 2.3 manual.

My order constraints are:
Two Door body
Towing package
Sasquatch package - namely the locking diff
2 Door MIC Hard top

The other other order issues are:
2.7 v6
Badlands package
Wild track package
LUX package
Some chip shortages

The representative was seeing a lot of vehicles getting scheduled for build every day. And that mine may be scheduled for production at any moment. She stated that Ford is concentrating on full-filling existing orders as soon as possible.

I also got a $100 gift certificate to use at the Ford Merchandise shop... lol

So there is hope!

"Stay thirsty my friends"

jhm66

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel sorry for you early reservation holders who are still waiting. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they schedule the builds. I ordered a fully loaded OBX/4dr/Sasquatch/tow/leather/lux, etc. in late November, 2021. It was built in late March and I got the email saying it is shipping and should arrive 4/22-4/28. Not holding my breath but getting close.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

March email saying mine was build and scheduled for delivery between 4/1 - 4/7. I just called and was told there is a "plant hold" and now the estimated delivery date is 4/21, but she was very clear that "it is subject to change." "Plant hold"?
Aug 2020 reservation. 4DR Badlands, HT, 2.3, Lux
Yeah mine was originally 4/4-4/10. That got updated yesterday evening to 4/8-4/14. Mine was built on 3/11, shipped out on 3/19. Took it several days to get to Cincinnati, a few days to go 200 miles to Southern Indiana, just a day to get to Chicago, sat in Chicago for a few days, took it a day to get to Gateway Yard, IL (east St. Louis) and it's been sitting there for 4 days now........At that rate I'm not sure how they think it will actually get to my dealer in OKC by those dates. Almost ordered from Michigan dealer and was going to fly and drive it home, wish I would have now, it would have cut a month off of delivery.

Sponsored

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No vin# for me, wasn't expecting it either, just hoping.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

August 2020 Reservation holder for my WildTrak and still no vin or scheduling week in-sight.
Ordered as soon as ordering opened in 2021.
Yet, my walk-in order Dec 2021 is on a train right now.

yabsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone calling Ford or chatting, just a heads up they may give you a VIN but its not your vehicle, come to find out there can be 2 orders with the same order number at that dealer, it depends on the body code(2 door or 4 door)

I chatted with Ford a couple weeks back and got excited because they gave me a VIN, when I tracked it showed a 4 door soft top, I have a 2 door on order.

Salesman explained that there can be 2 orders, he showed the screen with both orders. We both ordered on the same date, the soft top of course got pulled first

So now when I chat with Ford to check status I make sure to tell them that VIN is not me and then they give me the disappointing news that mine still is in order processing.
That happened to me last week... the Chat representative told me my vehicle was being shipped by ocean liner and would arrive soon. I told them that did not sound right, so I checked the VIN they gave me and this is apparently what I am getting...
Ford Bronco called ford, got interesting answer IMG_5363

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, I'm a day one hour one reservation holder waiting for a an optioned out WT.
Not assigned a Vin or build date yet. and I'm not the only one
What was your actual order date, and are you waiting on a painted modular top? Other items are now a no go like factory PPF but nothing else I would think would have pushed you from a 21 to a 22 or even 23
Sponsored