Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those traveling to Des Moines. The budget friendly option hotel (Quality Inn across from airport) was fine. It’s a place to sleep, it was clean and it served the purpose. If you want anything other than the basics, then I’d look at other hotels. 🤷‍♂️

Granger was as advertised and was a phenomenal experience. Great people at Granger!
I would recommend the Surety downtown Des Moines, its about 10ish mins from airport. Used to live in Des Moines. Awesome hotel for sure
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would recommend the Surety downtown Des Moines, its about 10ish mins from airport. Used to live in Des Moines. Awesome hotel for sure
I looked at that, but didn’t want to deal with getting downtown at 10:30pm when my flight landed. I figured there’s transit, but in case we were delayed i chose near the airport.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at that, but didn’t want to deal with getting downtown at 10:30pm when my flight landed. I figured there’s transit, but in case we were delayed i chose near the airport.
I looked at it too but since I’m getting in late I’ll save a few bucks.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you walk from the airport to the Quality Inn?

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully some of you folks stuck in Omaha can clarify. Is your status "Constructively Placed" or "Released by Customer" as you sit in purgatory? A search shows the only mentions of that latter status were in Final prep 7-10 days later. Not that the information will make anything faster, but knowing feels better (we surrendered 'ignorance is bliss' when signing up for this forum).
@CPL_Rabbit
Rabbit, I dont think anyone answered your questions. Constructively placed means that the car is parked and waiting to be unloaded. The car will change to "unloaded and released to customer" This is when the vehicles are unloaded.
The fun part is that does not mean the vehicles are put on a car carrier.
My bronco sat on the rail car "constructively placed" for 8 days then changed to "unloaded and released to the customer".
The tracking link did NOT change to final prep till 3 days later. I interpret that to mean my bronco sat in the rail yard waiting for a car carrier 2-3 days. tracking link= link in email from ford. The backdoor link changed too.
Once the status changed to prep, I waited a couple of days to hear from finance. I got no response so I emailed Samantha and she got the ball rolling. Catelyn had my paperwork done in a few hours.
I hope this helps.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you walk from the airport to the Quality Inn?
Yep. We did. Probably 10 minutes. If you do, make sure you exit on the side where the rental cars and taxis stand is. There’s a sidewalk that you can follow away from the terminal and cross the street to walk along the main road.

The other side is under heavy construction and doesn’t have a sidewalk leading away from the terminal.
Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS CA04A645-1B50-468A-BBFD-34CEF456458B

Last edited:

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@CPL_Rabbit
Rabbit, I dont think anyone answered your questions. Constructively placed means that the car is parked and waiting to be unloaded. The car will change to "unloaded and released to customer" This is when the vehicles are unloaded.
The fun part is that does not mean the vehicles are put on a car carrier.
My bronco sat on the rail car "constructively placed" for 8 days then changed to "unloaded and released to the customer".
The tracking link did NOT change to final prep till 3 days later. I interpret that to mean my bronco sat in the rail yard waiting for a car carrier 2-3 days. tracking link= link in email from ford. The backdoor link changed too.
Once the status changed to prep, I waited a couple of days to hear from finance. I got no response so I emailed Samantha and she got the ball rolling. Catelyn had my paperwork done in a few hours.
I hope this helps.
Thanks. I was wondering which of those statuses folks were sitting in for weeks. I work with asset logistics, and blind spots make me twitch.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks. I was wondering which of those statuses folks were sitting in for weeks. I work with asset logistics, and blind spots make me twitch.
So I can just picture you at the computer ripping your hair out over the part where the Bronco is off-loaded from the train, and then don't have a way to track if it is still sitting in the train yard or has been loaded on a truck. 😘🤣

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I'm currently taxiing on the connecting flight to Des Moines. I was supposed to get my two Broncos (04/10 4dr BL & 04/17 2dr WT builds) from Granger Ford yesterday/Saturday, but my flight was delayed and then cancelled. So I'm going today/Sunday 5/21 and will pick up tomorrow morning!

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, I'm currently taxiing on the connecting flight to Des Moines. I was supposed to get my two Broncos (04/10 4dr BL & 04/17 2dr WT builds) from Granger Ford yesterday/Saturday, but my flight was delayed and then cancelled. So I'm going today/Sunday 5/21 and will pick up tomorrow morning!
If you are looking for some fun places for dinner downtown Des Moines on Sunday night. Fongs Pizza.. best crab ragoon pizza. Or Exile brewing and Pub.. Get a "Ruthie" beer.. fun place. I lived in Des Moines for 60+ years and have seen it grow to what it is today.

Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS FON_HeaderLogo
Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS u8ghcetz

Last edited:

Sponsored

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are looking for some fun places for dinner downtown Des Moines on Sunday night. Fongs Pizza.. best crab ragoon pizza. Or Exile brewing and Pub.. Get a "Ruthie" beer.. fun place. I lived in Des Moines for 60+ years and have seen it grow to what it is today.

FON_HeaderLogo.png
u8ghcetz.png
Thanks for the tips. I just arrived downtown and am staying at the Hotel Fort Des Moines. We're in search of lunch. So... walking or Uber... IDK...

For me, this this trip started at 2 am. I had to drive from Laredo, Tx to fly out of San Antonio. If I had tried flying directly from home, I would have been screwed if the airlines cancelled again. Not worth the risk.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the tips. I just arrived downtown and am staying at the Hotel Fort Des Moines. We're in search of lunch. So... walking or Uber... IDK...

For me, this this trip started at 2 am. I had to drive from Laredo, Tx to fly out of San Antonio. If I had tried flying directly from home, I would have been screwed if the airlines cancelled again. Not worth the risk.
Wow!!! you are 4 blocks away from either of those two eateries. The Fort Des Moines is a beautiful place just renovated. Enjoy the City.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ZOMBIE BURGER is on the other side of the river about 8 blocks away. Downtown Des Moines is a safe place . Except for the Downtown Court ave. area.
Zombie Burger it was! My eyes were bigger than my stomach...
Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS PXL_20230521_190315668.PORTRAIT

Ford Bronco CALLING ALL GRANGTOBER ORDER PLACERS PXL_20230521_193347147

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone shipping to Charlotte area get a notice from their shipping broker that their shipment is double booked? I just did, even though it is not. I am thinking that with all the Broncos coming out of Granger, it may look like that if several are going to the same area. Not sure how granular the notices on the board get with regards to destination.
Sponsored