Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone that picked up their Bronco week before last (week of 5/29) gotten their in transit title etc in the mail yet? I’m getting a little nervous, as I picked mine up on Friday 6/2 and my in-transit temporary tag expires this Saturday. When I called Granger to check status today I was told that it might take 30 days or more, but that I’d be ok driving it as long as I have the paperwork with me. Not sure that the local authorities would have the same interpretation of an expired temp tag. “Yes officer, I know it’s expired, but it’s really not….”
I picked mine up on 5/25 and got the title info on 6/9. Just over two weeks
Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else having trouble with their price protection private offer with Granger. They've given me a number, but it is different than what Ford has indicated would be the number based on one's order as of last September. And Granger is unwilling to discuss this with me.
Mine came out correct. I confirmed with Ford Marketing and forwarded that information to the finance team while I was waiting for them to contact me. I eSigned the purchase agreement today. Very satisfied with Granger Motors and excited to be picking up my Bronco next week!

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine came out correct. I confirmed with Ford Marketing and forwarded that information to the finance team while I was waiting for them to contact me. I eSigned the purchase agreement today. Very satisfied with Granger Motors and excited to be picking up my Bronco next week!

I'm not as satisfied. When I pointed out the private offer was incorrect, they basically told me to pack sand.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not as satisfied. When I pointed out the private offer was incorrect, they basically told me to pack sand.
"pack sand" or "you'll have to wait for the exception process"? It sounds like you may be in the same position as me: there are two certificate numbers, one with a lower amount for program 38644. For whatever reason, that's what shows up in SmartVincent, and there is too much going on for Granger folks to track down every case.

Most likely, you have the option of taking the current level at time of purchase, or waiting for the exception to go through.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"pack sand" or "you'll have to wait for the exception process"? It sounds like you may be in the same position as me: there are two certificate numbers, one with a lower amount for program 38644. For whatever reason, that's what shows up in SmartVincent, and there is too much going on for Granger folks to track down every case.

Most likely, you have the option of taking the current level at time of purchase, or waiting for the exception to go through.
Initially told to pack sand. Later in the day was able to speak to someone else who was willing to discuss it with me in more detail. Your point is well taken. But my initial contact with finance at Granger has me reconsidering whether I wish to do business with them.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Initially told to pack sand. Later in the day was able to speak to someone else who was willing to discuss it with me in more detail. Your point is well taken. But my initial contact with finance at Granger has me reconsidering whether I wish to do business with them.
I get it. It sounds like you probably talked to the same person as me. I had to push to apply the order modification rebate because it didn't show up at first. I get the impression that they've dealt with some aggressive and entitled people and have run out of patience.

It sucks for us, because we're dealing with our one and only Bronco and real money. While they are getting hammered with hundreds of vehicles and customers in a tight window. It's understandable that we don't have the same perspective, even if it's still frustrating.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do know one thing, if you use the flow charts here on B6G, it will calculate your price protection off current MSRP. If you are, like most if us, someone who agreed upon a price back in September of 2022, your actual price protection certificate will seem very low because it is only the amount you qualify for at the time you agreed with Granger on your price.

Ford is the one who decides that amount. If Granger is not giving you the amount Ford says you are due, that is a problem, and younshould probably talk to Ford. But if Granger is giving you what Ford says you get, and you think that is incorrect, then you definitely have to talk to Ford on that one.

Granger isn't giving you the price protection, they are getting a reimbursement from Ford, so no dealer is going to give you more than what Ford says the rebate will reimbursement will be.

Best of luck. I hope it all gets squared away.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do know one thing, if you use the flow charts here on B6G, it will calculate your price protection off current MSRP. If you are, like most if us, someone who agreed upon a price back in September of 2022, your actual price protection certificate will seem very low because it is only the amount you qualify for at the time you agreed with Granger on your price.

Ford is the one who decides that amount. If Granger is not giving you the amount Ford says you are due, that is a problem, and younshould probably talk to Ford. But if Granger is giving you what Ford says you get, and you think that is incorrect, then you definitely have to talk to Ford on that one.

Granger isn't giving you the price protection, they are getting a reimbursement from Ford, so no dealer is going to give you more than what Ford says the rebate will reimbursement will be.

It's related to the price protection based on what series you had. It is supposed to be based on the series you had as of last September. When Ford told us they wouldn't be able to fulfill Sasquatch orders in January (which turned out to be a lie), I changed series. So the price protection certificate is correct for the new series order. But it should be based on the old series order as of September, 2022.

I get this is an issue of Ford issuing a cert different than what they said they would issue. but, a couple things -

1. While Ford and Granger are different entities, they are in bed together on this whole thing. So what one does reflects on the other.

2. Granger should be willing to entertain questions on this at the very least. They spent 3 years telling us to wait and they can't talk to us. Now, when we're at the end, you get to talk to one finance person who doesn't know anything about this and won't actually listen to your question. They simply say, "this is what the computer says." And then, when you call ask to speak to someone, they transfer you to someone you didn't ask for without telling you that.

Really poor customer service.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone that picked up their Bronco week before last (week of 5/29) gotten their in transit title etc in the mail yet? I’m getting a little nervous, as I picked mine up on Friday 6/2 and my in-transit temporary tag expires this Saturday. When I called Granger to check status today I was told that it might take 30 days or more, but that I’d be ok driving it as long as I have the paperwork with me. Not sure that the local authorities would have the same interpretation of an expired temp tag. “Yes officer, I know it’s expired, but it’s really not….”
I picked mine up on 6/1 and drove home to California. I went into my local DMV this morning and got nowhere because they haven't received anything. They told me that Granger should have sent the paperwork and payment to our DMV office in Sacramento. I was told that I should get a notice from the CA DMV and then I can go in and finish the registration process. My transit tag expires in a few days. I'll keep the Bronco parked until I get this sorted out. I've got my old Accord drive until then so it's only annoying at this point.

I do worry about how long this is going to take and I don't really trust the DMV. What is annoying is that I'm supposed to register the vehicle within 20 days of entering the state with the vehicle but it could easily take longer than that to get the paperwork sorted.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it. It sounds like you probably talked to the same person as me. I had to push to apply the order modification rebate because it didn't show up at first. I get the impression that they've dealt with some aggressive and entitled people and have run out of patience.

It sucks for us, because we're dealing with our one and only Bronco and real money. While they are getting hammered with hundreds of vehicles and customers in a tight window. It's understandable that we don't have the same perspective, even if it's still frustrating.
If anyone is acting entitled in this instance, it's the Granger finance person.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did receive a UPS envelope last week with the registration info. In Texas we have to go in and bring the check with us. Granger said if it’s off, they’ll have to cut a new check. I’m hoping if it’s off I can write a second check for the difference. We’ll see.

As far as price protection they told me at pickup it could be 4-6 months. I’m going to reach back out soon to get more info bc I think that might not be real accurate.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked mine up on 6/1 and drove home to California. I went into my local DMV this morning and got nowhere because they haven't received anything. They told me that Granger should have sent the paperwork and payment to our DMV office in Sacramento. I was told that I should get a notice from the CA DMV and then I can go in and finish the registration process. My transit tag expires in a few days. I'll keep the Bronco parked until I get this sorted out. I've got my old Accord drive until then so it's only annoying at this point.

I do worry about how long this is going to take and I don't really trust the DMV. What is annoying is that I'm supposed to register the vehicle within 20 days of entering the state with the vehicle but it could easily take longer than that to get the paperwork sorted.
Does California have any kind of temporary tags you can get?

Arizona allows you to pay $25 to get a temporary 30-day tag.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I did talk to Ford, and they said you have to talk to the dealer. So everyone pointing fingers at each other.
Sponsored