Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I did talk to Ford, and they said you have to talk to the dealer. So everyone pointing fingers at each other.
I haven't seen in the discussion, but has anything changed since your initial reservation? Name on reservation different? Address? email address? anything? Just curious, because as we've seen with others, for some reason little details can really cause issues.

Good luck getting this sorted out. Sucks to see someone not having the experience I had throughout the process. I hope it's just a little detail that's being overlooked and a quick fix.
Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen in the discussion, but has anything changed since your initial reservation? Name on reservation different? Address? email address? anything? Just curious, because as we've seen with others, for some reason little details can really cause issues.

Good luck getting this sorted out. Sucks to see someone not having the experience I had throughout the process. I hope it's just a little detail that's being overlooked and a quick fix.
The issue that IROC is running into, and one that I experienced as well (no changes in the Ford system), is that the finance contact doesn't want to hear about the details. They just want to get your stack of papers off their desk. The response is "trust that we know what we're doing", translated to "don't ask questions or make my day more difficult". The problem is, the rush can lead to things being missed. ie. I almost didn't get my modification rebate. I had to interrupt them while rattling off numbers in rapid succession. And they didn't want to hear it until they agreed to check the cert # I provided.

Ford is the source of all of the issues. Over-complicating the process, creating a duplicate cert with a lower amount, holding allocations to Granger, then flooding them. They even explicitly state on the phone that the dealer decides the amount. Which is pretty much a direct lie.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the wrong price protection offer based on my order as of September 9, 2022. Both Ford and Granger are pointing the finger at one another. And no one actually wants to read the FAQ on Ford's website that explains explicitly how this is supposed to work.

vtgreen1903

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru baja
Your Bronco Model
Base
How’s the bronco lot looking ?
My two door is s finally on the way to granger. Got stuck in production for a couple months

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The issue that IROC is running into, and one that I experienced as well (no changes in the Ford system), is that the finance contact doesn't want to hear about the details. They just want to get your stack of papers off their desk. The response is "trust that we know what we're doing", translated to "don't ask questions or make my day more difficult". The problem is, the rush can lead to things being missed. ie. I almost didn't get my modification rebate. I had to interrupt them while rattling off numbers in rapid succession. And they didn't want to hear it until they agreed to check the cert # I provided.

Ford is the source of all of the issues. Over-complicating the process, creating a duplicate cert with a lower amount, holding allocations to Granger, then flooding them. They even explicitly state on the phone that the dealer decides the amount. Which is pretty much a direct lie.
What Ford always told me when I called was that the model year transition offer was “up to” the stated amount. I always figured that meant that Ford couldn’t actually force the dealer to pass the full amount, or for that matter any of it, along to the customer if they chose not to. So in that regard the dealer would be deciding the amount. My interpretation could be wrong…. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who may be getting your Bronco from Granger soon, I wanted to pass along some things I learned.

I received an e-mail about 2 days after my Bronco arrived. It said that it will be several weeks until the Bronco is ready. Don't make any travel or transport arrangements until Finance contacts you. Finance contacted me about a week later and indicated you have until 30 days after the Bronco arrives at the dealership to complete the transaction. This was not in the original e-mail.

My advice is, when you get the e-mail that says the Bronco has arrived, go ahead and try to make plans to pick it up toward the end of your 30 day window. This could allow you to get better flight or transit arrangements then if you wait to be contacted further.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked mine up on 6/1 and drove home to California. I went into my local DMV this morning and got nowhere because they haven't received anything. They told me that Granger should have sent the paperwork and payment to our DMV office in Sacramento. I was told that I should get a notice from the CA DMV and then I can go in and finish the registration process. My transit tag expires in a few days. I'll keep the Bronco parked until I get this sorted out. I've got my old Accord drive until then so it's only annoying at this point.

I do worry about how long this is going to take and I don't really trust the DMV. What is annoying is that I'm supposed to register the vehicle within 20 days of entering the state with the vehicle but it could easily take longer than that to get the paperwork sorted.
My Bronco was shipped to CA and arrived Friday. I received a UPS overnight packet of documents from Granger yesterday and plan to head to the DMV this afternoon or tomorrow morning as I've now completed smog and DMV weighing. The package included the Iowa in-transit title, 30 day transit tag, and the check made out to the CA DMV (nice surprise, I thought the check was going to be mailed to DMV which would have delayed things).

I'll report back to let you know how it goes but my understanding is I have all the docs I need for CA DMV and Granger isn't sending them anything directly.

For anyone who has gone through the process with CA DMV, did you need any paperwork other than the following?
- Purchase Agreement
- Iowa In-Transit title and transit tag
- Check made out to CA DMV
- Proof of insurance
- Smog paperwork
- Weight paperwork
- Completed Reg 343 Form
- Reg 31 Form (to be completed by DMV)

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco was shipped to CA and arrived Friday. I received a UPS overnight packet of documents from Granger yesterday and plan to head to the DMV this afternoon or tomorrow morning as I've now completed smog and DMV weighing. The package included the Iowa in-transit title, 30 day transit tag, and the check made out to the CA DMV (nice surprise, I thought the check was going to be mailed to DMV which would have delayed things).

I'll report back to let you know how it goes but my understanding is I have all the docs I need for CA DMV and Granger isn't sending them anything directly.

For anyone who has gone through the process with CA DMV, did you need any paperwork other than the following?
- Purchase Agreement
- Proof of insurance
- Smog paperwork
- Weight paperwork
- Completed Reg 343 Form
I wish I knew if the paperwork was sent to me or to DMV. I thought it was to me but haven't seen anything and emails and calls to Granger have not been answered.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I knew if the paperwork was sent to me or to DMV. I thought it was to me but haven't seen anything and emails and calls to Granger have not been answered.
Mine also went unanswered but then the package just arrived. They are super busy but maybe try calling?

Sponsored

samar67

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base

- Purchase Agreement
- Proof of insurance
- Smog paperwork
- Weight paperwork
- Completed Reg 343 Form
I recently registered my Bronco in CA on June 8th.
What I used:
DMV FORM 343 completed
Smog paperwork
Proof of insurance (this should be on the DMV system)
Iowa transit title that Granger sent you
Application for certificate of title and/or registration (included with the purchase agreement). This doc has vehicle weight, purchase price and if tax was paid.
NO need for weights certification unless it is used as commercial vehicle
Payment
-Sam

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was one of the earlier deliveries 4/20/23 at Granger. I received my title and paperwork in approximately 10 days via FED-X. They are probably swapped. Give it some time for due process to happen. It will.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Granger Q: how long is prep running from delivery to pick up? Still 14 days +/-?

I'm hoping to pick up before a vacation, but my Bronco is still shipping, 26 days of shipping so far. We leave on June 29th, and could pick up the 28th. We figure it's getting less likely to drive the new ride to Colorado.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine came out correct. I confirmed with Ford Marketing and forwarded that information to the finance team while I was waiting for them to contact me. I eSigned the purchase agreement today. Very satisfied with Granger Motors and excited to be picking up my Bronco next week!
Me too on both. Will be there next Tuesday

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger Q: how long is prep running from delivery to pick up? Still 14 days +/-?

I'm hoping to pick up before a vacation, but my Bronco is still shipping, 26 days of shipping so far. We leave on June 29th, and could pick up the 28th. We figure it's getting less likely to drive the new ride to Colorado.
Finance contacted me a week later but initially said it would be 2-3 weeks. I had made plans this weekend I couldn’t change so I’m picking up next Friday!
Sponsored