Sponsored

Calling all those who own and wheel a JL and are considering the Bronco...

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes!!! Thats why I want one!!
Looks great with 37's!!!!!
The rear needs a little more lift though. Easy enough fix.
If I go Bronco I'm fixing to get BL carbonized gray with the black painted top, grille, and fenders.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great with 37's!!!!!
The rear needs a little more lift though. Easy enough fix.
If I go Bronco I'm fixing to get BL carbonized gray with the black painted top, grille, and fenders.
That 2 door has to wheel awesome!!!! If your looking at a jeep 4 door vs a bronco 2 door.....It could get more complicated. The 2 door bronco has a shorter wheel base than the JLU which would make for a better offroad rig...and yes it does look great with 37s....

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... I may not buy the Bronco for the simple fact that the 2.3 Manual will not turn 37, let alone 35s???.
How, when, and where did you get this information?

I really need the source on that. Seeing as the Manual Sasquatch package is being offered in the 2.3L I'd be really surprised if the 7-Speed couldn't turn them tires, especially with what's been reported for the powertrain performance.

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That 2 door has to wheel awesome!!!! If your looking at a jeep 4 door vs a bronco 2 door.....It could get more complicated. The 2 door bronco has a shorter wheel base than the JLU which would make for a better offroad rig...and yes it does look great with 37s....
Yes sir.....4 door Rubi vs 2 door BL.
I need to be able to sleep in the back so if I go BL I bet I'll have to remove the passenger seat and stuff my head in there to fit. I am only 5'8 to boot! Good times.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, sold my JL Rubicon as it was a complete piece of shit. Hoping Ford does better!
Wow. Its interesting to see all the different feedback on the JLs.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2018 JL rubicon on 37's and also have a 2019 ford ranger on 35's I will say the ride of the ruibicon is rough and wanders on road very capable offroad. however the ranger has been awesome smooth and comfortable on road. and when offroading as it is my overlanding it does very well. The Bronco is based off same platform but with the offroad features. I personally thgink it will be equal to JL but have comfort and not be a handfull on the road to enjoy on the trails

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a 2018 JL rubicon on 37's and also have a 2019 ford ranger on 35's I will say the ride of the ruibicon is rough and wanders on road very capable offroad. however the ranger has been awesome smooth and comfortable on road. and when offroading as it is my overlanding it does very well. The Bronco is based off same platform but with the offroad features. I personally thgink it will be equal to JL but have comfort and not be a handfull on the road to enjoy on the trails
Well I gotta say, some you current and prior JL owners may have just swayed me back to Bronco.
Need those 37's though.
Ok ...I am sure all you guys are sick of hearing about so I'll STFU about it now.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I gotta say, some you current and prior JL owners may have just swayed me back to Bronco.
Need those 37's though.
Ok ...I am sure all you guys are sick of hearing about so I'll STFU about it now.
A 2 door with the auto and 2.7 with 37s would be a great combo, very powerful and great on/off road. You're at sea level as well so no power loss for you and thats another plus for a gas rig. You don't need etorque like I do at 6000 feet. Better hurry CA just outlawed gas rigs for 2035 but you'll be grandfathered in...

We are on a Bronco forum like you previously mentioned. We are all biased here!!!!

Thundar

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRover, Jk Rubi, Renegade, F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How, when, and where did you get this information?

I really need the source on that. Seeing as the Manual Sasquatch package is being offered in the 2.3L I'd be really surprised if the 7-Speed couldn't turn them tires, especially with what's been reported for the powertrain performance.
Sorry, to clarify. That is my opinion. It will turn the tires but I feel it will be under powered for my tastes.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, to clarify. That is my opinion. It will turn the tires but I feel it will be under powered for my tastes.
Can you share how you arrived at that opinion? I'm genuinely curious.

I've driven my buddie's 2.3L 4x4 Ranger that's sitting on 37's quite a bit and it has zero power issues. I was under the impression that these two vehicles shared an engine and drive train.

That Ranger hops to, and you can really feel the power of that little engine on the highway.

For clarification it's a Lariat SuperCrew model and not a Raptor or anything. He had a lift and some suspension work done on it, but aside from that it's factory.

OP
OP
395N

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you share how you arrived at that opinion? I'm genuinely curious.

I've driven my buddie's 2.3L 4x4 Ranger that's sitting on 37's quite a bit and it has zero power issues. I was under the impression that these two vehicles shared an engine and drive train.

That Ranger hops to, and you can really feel the power of that little engine on the highway.

For clarification it's a Lariat SuperCrew model and not a Raptor or anything. He had a lift and some suspension work done on it, but aside from that it's factory.
Does your buddy off road his Ranger?
If so, any issues thus far with the axles running 37s?
I don't know any thing about the Rangers other than the platform is similar to Bronco, I think.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does your buddy off road his Ranger?
If so, any issues thus far with the axles?
I don't know any thing about the Rangers other than the platform is similar to Bronco, I think.
Yes, actually quite a lot.
Not that I know of.

Edit: For clarification in this context. It's East Texas off roading, not Moab or anything like that. It's mostly off roading for a working ranch on a working ranch and to hunt down wild pigs and boars.

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco will be better on and off road out of the factory. This isnt really a guess. Its just a fact. IFS is a better ride than solid axles period.
I have to wonder how much off-road experience you have with the above comment. I find it hard to believe you honestly think the IFS Bronco is going to be better off-road than the SFA Jeep straight from the factory.

I'm not saying the Bronco won't be a great vehicle (and I hope that it is), but it's a compromise going with the SFA as it allows for better on-road manners while still being off-road capable.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone’s use is different. In my experience, having owned a LJ and tried to upgrade to the JK, the ride and handling are not acceptable to me. MI has terrible roads. I loved my Jeep in when I HA. It was un-driveable, even when downsizing to 31s in attempt to try and keep the Jeep. If I had a vehicle just to play off road and I needed 37” tires for clearance, I would probably by a TJ. Awesome balance of modern technology, awesome I6, tons of aftermarket support. As a $50k do it all over lander/off roadster/daily driver? I will take IFS (all things being somewhat equal). I watch new Jeeps with lifts every weekend driving to Northern MI. They are wandering in their lanes (or between) with the driver sawing back and forth on the wheel. Add a trailer and bigger tires and they look truly terrifying driving down the road.
Sponsored