Sponsored

Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the SS3 Pros on my Badlands. The drivers side pod is not visible, but I don't have the antenna in the way like you do. The passenger side pod is mostly visible.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? 20230817_094720

The SS3s on the Bronco are lower profile than the Squadrons on my LWN Colorado, not because of the size (the Squadrons are slightly smaller) but the ditch light bracket mounting puts them up and visible on both sides.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? 1699034610695
Sponsored

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pro on my Raptor for low profile. I eventually swapped them for the SS3 Pods but the SSC2 did get the job done.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? 1699034610695
Do the SSC2s come with a bracket that works on the Bronco, or did you order something different?

I was considering going the SSC2 route as well.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just received the Rago mounts for the Baja S2 Flush Mounts. They’re quite bigger than I envisioned. But, they’ll actually light up the ditch/side of vehicle. I’m just going to have to fab something up if I still want to be able to remove the roof panels…pics to come. Just unsure if this is the right direction.

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please check out the new M&R Boomerang ditch light kit

These look good - I'd like to see some more pics but have seen your site, are they all in a "flood" pattern? Can you upload an install video?

Also, if you use an aux switch, can you also use them as DRL's?

Sponsored

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is light output

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those of us who think that $200+ is a crazy amount of $ for a ditch light... Sure, they look great, and customer support is great I am sure, but for non-demanding use this will do. Low profile and looks great. I am using it in a mostly dry climate so not too concerned about water condensation

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08THWXFRJ

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have factory fogs. Lighting ahead of me could be improved, but was fine. But where I really had issues was on narrow switch backs down hill. My wife was literally holding a flashlight out the windows our two nights trips this past month so I could see the ditch on either side and know where to align my wheels. So I’m eager to look into both, but ditch lights seems to be a more immediate need.
This is spot on. Night trail or roads with switch backs and/or traversing turns 100% justify ditch lights.

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is spot on. Night trail or roads with traversing turns justify ditch lights.
Agreed. Then a majority of folks that run $200+ “ditch lights” have them facing forward. Mostly for looks (and I personally think they look stupid sitting on the cowl). Hence why I got involved in this thread.

A really powerful puddle light that had a slight angle to it and could be turned on with a flip of an aux/upfitter would do it.

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am using Baja Design's S1 lights in amber aimed about 40 degrees from the front and down slightly as my ditch lights. In the bumper I have 2 pairs of S2 Pros, one combo beam pattern in clear aimed straight, the other a wide beam pattern in amber aimed about 15 to 20 degrees from the centerline. These work well together to give an almost 180 degree field of even light around the front of the vehicle. I also have a pair of SAE fog lights mounted in the bumper.

I selected the S1 as my ditch lights because of their small size. If I were to do it again, I might try the S2. I have seen some two light pods like the S2 mounted as ditch lights on a Bronco and they seem less noticeable than the S1s even though they are slightly larger because they are shorter.

If budget were an issue; the 1st lights I would cheap out on would be the ditch lights.

For down range light I have 2 LP6s in amber mounted to the bumper.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? IMG_1110

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am using Baja Design's S1 lights in amber aimed about 40 degrees from the front and down slightly as my ditch lights. In the bumper I have 2 pairs of S2 Pros, one combo beam pattern in clear aimed straight, the other a wide beam pattern in amber aimed about 15 to 20 degrees from the centerline. These work well together to give an almost 180 degree field of even light around the front of the vehicle. I also have a pair of SAE fog lights mounted in the bumper.

I selected the S1 as my ditch lights because of their small size. If I were to do it again, I might try the S2. I have seen some two light pods like the S2 mounted as ditch lights on a Bronco and they seem less noticeable than the S1s even though they are slightly larger because they are shorter.

If budget were an issue; the 1st lights I would cheap out on would be the ditch lights.

For down range light I have 2 LP6s in amber mounted to the bumper.

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? IMG_1110
Do you have an ICBM on the roof?

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have an ICBM on the roof?
Fusion reactor to power the mark III flux capacitor.

No, it is a thin wall pressurized water tank. I sometimes support 3 people for 4 to 5 days off grid, so it is the easiest way to carry the needed water.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Title. Trying to stay as stock looking as possible, but have been doing some night trail driving and I'm in obvious need of more lighting.

Editing to add a pic of the antenna bracket I'm working with. Will need a ditch light bracket that uses the factory-tapped screw holes so that I can put the LED bracket on top of my already installed antenna bracket.

Hey Roofus,
Though they are not the cheapest, they are the most streamlined ditch lights that will look really good on your Bronco, they are the Rigid Lights from the Ford Performance parts division...
FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS BY RIGID® BRONCO MIRROR MOUNTED OFF-ROAD LIGHT KIT| Part Details for M-15200K-BML | Ford Performance Parts

Ford Bronco Can anyone point me in the direction of some low-profile ditch lights? lights

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fusion reactor to power the mark III flux capacitor.

No, it is a thin wall pressurized water tank. I sometimes support 3 people for 4 to 5 days off grid, so it is the easiest way to carry the needed water.
Your rig looks fantastic btw! (y)

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! I messaged flip to see what I they'll cost with the forum discount. It looks like they are mounted with the exterior bolt. I think that'd work with my antenna if it's possible to mount them at the inner bolt.
Sponsored