Sponsored

Can Bronco handle gas station car wash ?

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I go through an auto-wash once or twice a week and have never had any issues. Unless you're really careful with hand washing, scratches are unavoidable. I really don't have the time or patience to do a 'detail job' wash on mine regularly. When it's dirty - after a rain - I just pop through the wash on my way home. A little finish polish with a microfiber for the few residual water spots and she's as shiny as new. There's nothing like a clean Bronco!
sounds like touchless car wash is way to go unless you have time to do it by hand.
Spend the time/money to get the whole truck ceramic coated. Foam cannon and power washer is all you’ll need after that. No bucket washing required at all. Dirt and water just run right off the thing after you wash it, take it out for a spin to air dry and you are are good to go!
Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spend the time/money to get the whole truck ceramic coated. Foam cannon and power washer is all you’ll need after that. No bucket washing required at all. Dirt and water just run right off the thing after you wash it, take it out for a spin to air dry and you are are good to go!

Agree I did the Adams Graphene 7 year coating (after all the prep it took 12 hours over 2 days) but now I just let mother nature wash for me, and if i do need to wash, foam cannon with Meguiar's Cermaic wash, rinse and good to go ( must do after sundown!!)

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree I did the Adams Graphene 7 year coating (after all the prep it took 12 hours over 2 days) but now I just let mother nature wash for me, and if i do need to wash, foam cannon with Meguiar's Cermaic wash, rinse and good to go ( must do after sundown!!)
Ya get your off roader PPF'd and ceramic coated for $5K then spend 3 hours each week hand washing it. Reapply graphene spray every month. Only after sundown, of course.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hand wash mine only. Winter time I use the self-service wand for rinse only to get he snow, ice, salt off.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had bad luck with automated carwashes with the Bronco - especially once I started adding lights and stuff.

My recommendation is to avoid them if at all possible. When I did use them, I made sure to tuck the mirrors and take the antenna off each time. Instead, I've found a nice self service touch free car wash with a monthly membership package ($20) so I can just hang out and wash my Bronco peacefully without racing the clock.

Besides, the automated washes do a terrible job on the Bronco. Your entire backside will still be dirty as the brushes cant get around the spare tire. The wheels were always filthy as well, as the automated tire cleaners aren't set up for 35" tires.

It got to the point that I was taking my Bronco to the touch free car wash just to get it clean enough to take it through the full service car wash since I knew there were entire sides of the vehicle that would still be dirty.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Covered in owners manual.
Yep, it says:
"If you have a Sasquatch or soft top package, wash your vehicle by hand, or by using a touchless commercial wash with no mechanical tracks on the floor."​

I take mine to the car wash about once a week. Basically every time I get it dirty. It's a Sasquatch and doesn't have problems with the mechanical tracks. I hose off as much mud and dust as I can before going there, then run it through. There is no way the one I go to will get caked on mud out of the wheel wells.

I bought my Bronco to drive off road and get dirty, and I'm not washing it by hand every time I go somewhere interesting. The antenna seems to survive just fine, and the car wash does a good job of getting the top clean without me needing a ladder to get to it.

I'll let a machine wash stuff like this off of it for me.
P8LExkn.jpg

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just hand wash my vehicles. I'm very particular about our vehicles....so particular the wheel wells of our F150 Raptor are as clean as the paint.
Wow, what a waste of time! I like my cars clean as much as anybody, but a touchless carwash is fine for the Raptor since I actually use it in the dirt. For the GT3 though I just get the detailers to hand wash monthly.

Bronco will mostly get the touchless carwash treatment, as I value my time too much to waste it cleaning wheel wells.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going to off-road it, wash it however you want and don't worry about paint correction or anything. In 5 years, if you keep it that long, just get it repainted. It will cost about the same as having it professionally corrected/detailed/coated, take less time, and you won't have to worry about it having trail tattoos. As long as it looks good from roughly 6+' away, you're golden.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, what a waste of time! I like my cars clean as much as anybody, but a touchless carwash is fine for the Raptor since I actually use it in the dirt. For the GT3 though I just get the detailers to hand wash monthly.

Bronco will mostly get the touchless carwash treatment, as I value my time too much to waste it cleaning wheel wells.
I like seeing the clean wheel wells. If you don't see a point in doing so, I dont expect you too. We all have our own ways of doing stuff and we have a particular way of cleaning our vehicles.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the Bronco is probably too wide for safe passage. I don't mind taking my other cars through it, but those brushes are rough on the paint. The swirlies really get to me. I'll be taking the Bronco to a hand wash place to keep her looking good!

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find after off roading with mud that a brushless won’t get the mud out from the wheel wells - they need a good power wash at home since it seems to really hold it in hidden areas.
Sponsored