Sponsored

Can you apply MY22-to-MY23 price protection on an "off the lot" car?

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I vaguely read about this on the PP thread and wanted to spin off a new thread about.

I have a Big Bend 2Dr order with PP but I don't want it. I read I could apply that $2.5K price protection amount to another Bronco? Is that true? Like something off a dealer lot? Or is the PP locked to my specific order at that specific dealer?
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have a definitive answer. It depends on how they handled the price protection for those rolled over from MY22 to MY23.

After the MY21 to MY22 roll over Ford issued price protection (PP) certificates to those eligible for the MY21 PP. Those certificates were applied to the person and the person could collect that amount when purchasing any new Bronco even if it wasn't related to the order.

Now for those who got their broncos in 22 who were eligible for their MY22 or MY22.5 PP, that was a retail order price protection which was tied to the order which refunded the difference between the price when ordered and the sticker price when built. This was not tied to the individual and could not be claimed with a different order.

If the MY22 to MY23 roll over required making a new order sheet (with the new prices) and Ford handled it like the MY21 protection it may be tied to you.

What you shold be able to find out is to call the customer service number for the bronco's and they should be able to tell you if you have a price protection certification and should be able to tell you if it could be claimed if you buy a different new bronco than the one ordered.

I doubt the certificate would be applicable to a used Bronco.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The PP cert in SmartVINCENT is tied to the buyer's name not to a specific order. It is the current order based on the locked prior year's build that triggers the amount. The only restriction on the PP cert is that the buyer's name matches with the one on file and that it is a New MY'23 Bronco.

**Few caveats - if the dealer has acquired stock via auction, they are not considered "New" so PP won't apply to a "Used" MY'23 Bronco

Also, eventually, buyers should expect to see a mid-year retail price increase. That 1/2 year increase will be handled like last year's MY'22.5 Retail price protection which is separate from the PP in SmartVINCENT. Buyer's won't be eligible for mid-year retail price protection when buying off the lot from dealer stock.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The PP cert in SmartVINCENT is tied to the buyer's name not to a specific order. It is the current order based on the locked prior year's build that triggers the amount. The only restriction on the PP cert is that the buyer's name matches with the one on file and that it is a New MY'23 Bronco.

**Few caveats - if the dealer has acquired stock via auction, they are not considered "New" so PP won't apply to a "Used" MY'23 Bronco

Also, eventually, buyers should expect to see a mid-year retail price increase. That 1/2 year increase will be handled like last year's MY'22.5 Retail price protection which is separate from the PP in SmartVINCENT. Buyer's won't be eligible for mid-year retail price protection when buying off the lot from dealer stock.
I’m actually surprised the PP isn’t also tied to an order.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m actually surprised the PP isn’t also tied to an order.
I agree that it should be. But Ford hasn't made that restriction. I was a beneficiary of that loop hole in having the PP cert applied to my new order that shouldn't have been eligible. As long as my name didn't change from my original order with Granger and my new order with Bill Brown, I was good to go.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that it should be. But Ford hasn't made that restriction. I was a beneficiary of that loop hole in having the PP cert applied to my new order that shouldn't have been eligible. As long as my name didn't change from my original order with Granger and my new order with Bill Brown, I was good to go.
I hope people are able to take advantage of it if they need to.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope people are able to take advantage of it if they need to.
It is why I have advocated others to expand their search for a Bronco that meets their build specification. I expect PP to go away after MY'23 as Ford has made no commitment to it for future years like they had when the mod top got punted for 2 years. Better to avail themselves of all options instead of waiting behind a locked door to open.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base

My theory is that for 2023 they will reissue the mid year increase in smart Vincent. 2023 certificates expire in April. About the same time mid year increases will happen.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is why I have advocated others to expand their search for a Bronco that meets their build specification. I expect PP to go away after MY'23 as Ford has made no commitment to it for future years like they had when the mod top got punted for 2 years. Better to avail themselves of all options instead of waiting behind a locked door to open.
But they still have the ADM demon to battle.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But they still have the ADM demon to battle.
Yes and no. Not all dealers are tacking on the ADM. I have a friend that shared two Broncos by a local dealer by her. No ADM, but they required it to be an in-person sale.

I've also shared about AutoNation changing policy recently in that only 4-dr HT builds have ADM. All 2-dr and 4-dr softies are sold at MSRP whether they are dealer stock or abandoned orders. A friend in a local Bronco group just bought a 2-dr 2.7L Sasquatch OBX High package for MSRP. Saw the announcement by the salesperson and was taking his picture that night in front of his new steed.

So people just need to put in the work and keep their options open. I get wanting to get what they want from the factory. But they may be surprised that the same build is sitting on a lot.

Sponsored

johnny_bronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and no. Not all dealers are tacking on the ADM. I have a friend that shared two Broncos by a local dealer by her. No ADM, but they required it to be an in-person sale.

I've also shared about AutoNation changing policy recently in that only 4-dr HT builds have ADM. All 2-dr and 4-dr softies are sold at MSRP whether they are dealer stock or abandoned orders. A friend in a local Bronco group just bought a 2-dr 2.7L Sasquatch OBX High package for MSRP. Saw the announcement by the salesperson and was taking his picture that night in front of his new steed.

So people just need to put in the work and keep their options open. I get wanting to get what they want from the factory. But they may be surprised that the same build is sitting on a lot.
Since You’ve noted this to me I’ve had no luck finding a truck with no ADM that meets the couple options I will not pass up…

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have verified proof of using their Model Year Transition (22 to 23) price protection on a vehicle other than the one they ordered? The certificate is tied to my name/address but the vehicle I ordered was sold before I could buy it.

Every dealership and "Ford Marketing" rep has given me a different answer on this.
Sponsored