Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had two reservations (early Day 1 and a later Sept reservation). I attempted to (and thought I did) cancel my later reservation. To my surprise, I recently received a VIN/build date email from Ford with a build date the week of January 20th. Obviously, the dealer did not cancel my order and changed the specs to a Green Wildtrak, mid package with soft top. I emailed the dealer and asked them what was up since I requested that they cancel the reservation.

This was the response, "I have an email from you saying to cancel the order. Once that happens, we alter the build and still let it go through so someone else can purchase it. We have a lot of individuals still wanting one that did not place an order. No-one has expressed interest in this one so if you still want it or want to see it 1st before it goes to the public or any specific individual."

Shady?

Anyone want a Wildtrak? PM me.

I can put you in touch with the dealer. I don't want to flame them so I did not put their name on here.

SN
Sponsored

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I purchased my Bronco from Dealer-A's lot (non-order purchase, but sold at MSRP) based on the fact I had an order for the same trim level, color and options; and was told by Dealer-A that my purchase was contingent upon canceling my order from Dealer-B. Dealer-B initially told me there was no way to cancel my order, and not to worry about it (essentially). A day later I was assigned a VIN. It took 4 weeks to finally get him to cancel my order officially. I'm sure he was trying to get another unit on the lot...

Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scummy.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shady? It violates Ford’s instructions to dealers. Orders have to be for real buyers. You were the actual buyer, and cancelled your order. Therefore the order is no longer assigned to an actual customer. They used YOU even though you cancelled ,to order a totally different Bronco in order to get one on the lot. There “ offer” for you to purchase is laughable. They order a Bronco to their specs, then offer it to you so in case you contact Ford with a complaint, they can excuse their way out by saying it was an error and they tried to make it good by offering the vehicle to you. Bottom line, they used your order for their benefit.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see anything wrong with it. You get your deposit back and then you're out of it. None of your concern from that point on. When I was in the process of ordering I asked the sales manager if there was any problem if I cancelled. He put his hands together as if praying, looked to the sky and said "please please please cancel" looked at me and smiled. We all laughed. Everyone knew exactly what he meant.

As hard as these things are to get right now, there isn't a dealer out there who wouldn't take an extra unit. And he'll get to sell it w/ a sizable markup. It's the American way. Sorry you decided to cancel.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see anything wrong with it. You get your deposit back and then you're out of it. None of your concern from that point on. When I was in the process of ordering I asked the sales manager if there was any problem if I cancelled. He put his hands together as if praying, looked to the sky and said "please please please cancel" looked at me and smiled. We all laughed. Everyone knew exactly what he meant.

As hard as these things are to get right now, there isn't a dealer out there who wouldn't take an extra unit. And he'll get to sell it w/ a sizable markup. It's the American way. Sorry you decided to cancel.
Your salesman wanted you to cancel, but not prior to build. He wants you to cancel after it is built and delivered. If your Bronco arrives and you refuse to take delivery, they will happily refund any down payment. Then the Bronco becomes lot stock. Ford has instructed dealers they must have real customers assigned to orders. This was to stop dealers from placing bogus orders to use as lot stock. When you order, a form of identification should have been shown and copied by the dealership. This is to prove a legitimate order.

Sponsored

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. It's not necessarily all greed based. They are just a business trying to do all they can to sell what people want.
Yes, they should be up front with you and tell you that they are going to let Ford deliver that unit to their store so they can sell it to someone else, if you no longer want it. That green Wildtrak will make a wonderful Christmas Present 🎄

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you order, a form of identification should have been shown and copied by the dealership. This is to prove a legitimate order.
Yup, did all of that.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had two reservations (early Day 1 and a later Sept reservation). I attempted to (and thought I did) cancel my later reservation. To my surprise, I recently received a VIN/build date email from Ford with a build date the week of January 20th. Obviously, the dealer did not cancel my order and changed the specs to a Green Wildtrak, mid package with soft top. I emailed the dealer and asked them what was up since I requested that they cancel the reservation.

This was the response, "I have an email from you saying to cancel the order. Once that happens, we alter the build and still let it go through so someone else can purchase it. We have a lot of individuals still wanting one that did not place an order. No-one has expressed interest in this one so if you still want it or want to see it 1st before it goes to the public or any specific individual."

Shady?

Anyone want a Wildtrak? PM me.

I can put you in touch with the dealer. I don't want to flame them so I did not put their name on here.

SN
I think thats pretty smart of them, although there was a time when there had to be a customer name attached to an order for the dealer to take it. If you're giving up your slot, why not make some money selling it to someone else! I wonder how much they'll mark it up!