Sponsored

Cancelling reservation. Thanks Navy Pier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kidding.. its not about the Navy Pier.

Hi Friends!

So I have a 7/19 reservation date, been all over these forums for hours a day over the months, and now am no longer going to order the Bronco just 3 weeks away from being able to.

I'm not going to sit here and bash on the MIC top, the interior options, the lack of launch accessories or any of that... It's simply an adult decision on realistic value for money when it comes to my personal uses. Sure, some of those gripes do suck.. but the Bronco looks incredibly badass and I will be excited to see it in person!

I have a paid off 370Z coupe that I love to race around in. It's not perfect, but I absolutely love to drive it. My plan was to sell it, put that into a new 2dr Wildtrak to have at least a balance of speed and utility and bridge that gap from the 10 years I have in a sports car. My goal like a lot of people was to take my Bronco on camping trips, long road trips, and overall utility of having a vehicle bigger than a sports car.

I couldn't get past the ~$55k OTD price (Thanks CA sales tax!) for car camping once a month is really what it came down to. It's not that I can't afford it, it just feels wasteful to me.. Probably because it IS wasteful. What helped solidify my decision is coming across companies (https://www.topoterra.com) that rent you overlanding vehicles for ~$100/day. So say I go camping once a month, that will cost me ~$400 for a loaded 2017 Wrangler or Tacoma over 3 days with RTT and gear included instead of say $650-$900 depending on down payment in only the Bronco.

I really don't drive enough to justify keeping the Z AND buying the Bronco.

The kid in me totally wants this thing and has to have it, but my adult reality says don't be a slave to a car payment in something that will probably guilt me into making sure I use it to the fullest instead of just wanting to use it.

So why add the responsibility of Bronco first model year ownership, maintenance, and babying my $55k machine off-road when I can just rent this whenever I feel the need to escape? yeah yeah.. because its not a Bronco I know.

Ford Bronco Cancelling reservation. Thanks Navy Pier! 1605567028422

This is a great community and I'm sure I will be bummed when I see a Bronco rolling down the road knowing how close I was to having one. I'm excited for all of you who will be picking up that beauty hopefully sooner than later. Sooner for those that reserved after 7/19 (you're welcome).

Even though in the end it looks like all the time spent here was a waste, it was still a lot of fun. Thanks for letting me spew my heresy here and maybe help someone else in a similar situation.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope Ford doesn't offer more interior options when they update the B&P. You'll be kicking yourself over it. But I really think they will. To only have one interior option choice isn't acceptable.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sure hope Ford doesn't offer more interior options when they update the B&P. You'll be kicking yourself over it. But I really think they will. To only have one interior option choice isn't acceptable.
I'm guessing you only read the thread title, and not the full OP.

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kidding.. its not about the Navy Pier.

Hi Friends!

So I have a 7/19 reservation date, been all over these forums for hours a day over the months, and now am no longer going to order the Bronco just 3 weeks away from being able to.

I'm not going to sit here and bash on the MIC top, the interior options, the lack of launch accessories or any of that... It's simply an adult decision on realistic value for money when it comes to my personal uses. Sure, some of those gripes do suck.. but the Bronco looks incredibly badass and I will be excited to see it in person!

I have a paid off 370Z coupe that I love to race around in. It's not perfect, but I absolutely love to drive it. My plan was to sell it, put that into a new 2dr Wildtrak to have at least a balance of speed and utility and bridge that gap from the 10 years I have in a sports car. My goal like a lot of people was to take my Bronco on camping trips, long road trips, and overall utility of having a vehicle bigger than a sports car.

I couldn't get past the ~$55k OTD price (Thanks CA sales tax!) for car camping once a month is really what it came down to. It's not that I can't afford it, it just feels wasteful to me.. Probably because it IS wasteful. What helped solidify my decision is coming across companies (https://www.topoterra.com) that rent you overlanding vehicles for ~$100/day. So say I go camping once a month, that will cost me ~$400 for a loaded 2017 Wrangler or Tacoma over 3 days with RTT and gear included instead of say $650-$900 depending on down payment in only the Bronco.

I really don't drive enough to justify keeping the Z AND buying the Bronco.

The kid in me totally wants this thing and has to have it, but my adult reality says don't be a slave to a car payment in something that will probably guilt me into making sure I use it to the fullest instead of just wanting to use it.

So why add the responsibility of Bronco first model year ownership, maintenance, and babying my $55k machine off-road when I can just rent this whenever I feel the need to escape? yeah yeah.. because its not a Bronco I know.

Ford Bronco Cancelling reservation. Thanks Navy Pier! Culture_Matrix_RedPillBluePill-1047403844

This is a great community and I'm sure I will be bummed when I see a Bronco rolling down the road knowing how close I was to having one. I'm excited for all of you who will be picking up that beauty hopefully sooner than later. Sooner for those that reserved after 7/19 (you're welcome).

Even though in the end it looks like all the time spent here was a waste, it was still a lot of fun. Thanks for letting me spew my heresy here and maybe help someone else in a similar situation.
Well, it's not like you are saying no to the last one they will ever make. Maybe someday you see one on the lot and get to walk around it and take it for a cruise and buy it then.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 370z was a fun car, but I always regretted giving my XJ away for it & had numerous actual nightmare about it which have fleeted now that I'm getting back in a Bronco (76 Previously). I've always had wheeling trucks before the Z (midlife crisis I guess). No looking back for me. I sold the car days after the launch & reservation of the 6G Bronco.
I'm Felix 808 @ the 370z.com if you were over there. Good luck to you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.