Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know it didn’t happen unless there are pics. Bronco was to arrive last week but delays pushed it the this week was trying to hold out before leaving the weekend at the beach. 3 hours into a 6 hour trip dealer calls “Guess what?” SHIT@!. Oh well what’s another couple days. “I’ve got some bad news it came in damaged, doors scratched, 40 miles on odometer and has been off road already, but we’ll clean it up and park it in the showroom”. I love the sales manager she’s been the best to work with otherwise I’d be pissed. She tells me she’s leaving for Texas Saturday for the Maverick dealer showcase won’t be back till Thursday. What’s a couple more days? I’ve waited this long and I’m alright with it. Get a text this morning fire in showroom fire dept showed up, Bronco was saved we got it out. So much for non-smoker barely used Bronco in the for sale ad.

(UPDATE) as a two reservation holder and fleet customer I highly doubt the dealer would do anything to jeopardize our relationship, since the fight I had with 1st dealer converting my reservation to an order without ever talking to me, and them working with dealer rep to get it moved. It was probably used as a dirt mountain shuttle bus.

View attachment 162885

View attachment 162886

View attachment 162887
Question to all: Given the OP's experience with this vehicle, and its present condition, can he refuse the car and demand a new one?
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question to all: Given the OP's experience with this vehicle, and its present condition, can he refuse the car and demand a new one?
Sure. The dealer will immediately sell his for $5k over sticker and he’ll get to wait another 6 months for a Bronco. 👍🏼

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have the worst luck. It was a dirt mound shuttle for sure.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a thought. It could be the holding lot where the train unloaded was mudding from rains. My '13 F-150 was a mess when it arrived for that reason. Now, as far as the forty miles, that I can't understand. When Ford grabs one off the line for a quality check run it's usually around 20 miles on the ODO. If it were me I would have to call Ford, and see if they could tell me where the 40 miles came from. I understand a few miles, but 40......I don't get it.

Anyhoo, congtratulations on the new Bronco. It's already been tested by fire, so it's gotta be a good one. Seriously, I glad it didn't get injured in the fire.
Never been on an auto ramp that wasn’t fully paved/asphalt.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh come on… there is no way there is not a glitch in the matrix. This is simply not possible…

If this was mine, I would be calling attorneys, the local news (consumer protection team), YouTube, forums, you name it.

@Ford Motor Company

Stay Chumped

PNWB2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a dirt lot storage vehicle. I wouldn't worry about it. I special ordered my Ranger and it arrived with 30+ miles on the odo. I believe the manufacture had to drive it a ways between the factory and shipping yard. I was hoping for less, but it's really not an issue. I've had it 6 months and put 12K+ miles on it already.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats terrible these stories are heartbreaking.
Check tik tok for bronco jumps at rat mountian.

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just read about a guy who bought a brand new Vet, and while driving it, heard some noise in it, and so brought it back to the dealership for service to check out.
When he got it back, apparently it has some kind of video recording system built in, he just so happen to be playing around w/it, when he saw the playback of the mechanic out racing another car w/his Vet, hitting speeds of near 150 mph.
The owner of course was furious, as I would be, and while the Vet appears to be OK, the point is, it's his car, and not the mechanics. Just think if the mechanic either totaled it, or even worse, someone got injured, or even killed? While the dealership would be ultimately responsible, but a lot of times, lawyers love to go after everyone, hoping to settle out of court.
Anyway, it appears that the dealership is replacing his Vet, and so he's happy.
I've heard of this happening a lot over the years, where dealership staff take new cars out for a joy ride, especially performance cars.
When it comes to this Bronco, who knows if it was taken for a mild ride off-road, or someone hit it hard, through ruts, and jumps, and such. After washing, while it may look OK, who's to say if any structural damage was done. As a customer, you're expecting a brand new vehicle, and how you treat it is your own business.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LMAO, that's dirty?
That's nothing!

If you guys saw what many of these look like when they get pulled off the hauler, you'd be horrified!
It's simply amazing how much crap gets on these vehicles on open car haulers.
In the winter time, it'd make you sick. All the salt and grime and grit....

Source: I used to detail cars for delivery (or for the lot) at the local dealer. They're so nasty right off the truck , you couldn't just put them on the lot.
I agree with that. I bought a new 16 Expedition. It arrived at the railyard which is only a few miles from my dealer, so my salesman sent a truck to go pick it up. When it arrived an hour later, it was thick with dirt. Cleaned with no issues though.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine came with 73 miles on it. Less than other new vehicles I have bought b
Was there a document in the glove box stating MAP put extra QA/QC miles?

Other new vehicles have probably sat on the lot and have had a few test drives. These Broncos should have less than 5miles and those with more should have the MAP doc in the glove box. If no doc then somebody has been out joy riding.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know it didn’t happen unless there are pics. (Taken down to asshole remarks about dealer) Bronco was to arrive last week but delays pushed it the this week was trying to hold out before leaving for the weekend at the beach. 3 hours into a 6 hour trip dealer calls “Guess what?” SHIT@!. Oh well what’s another couple days. “I’ve got some bad news it came in damaged, doors scratched, 40 miles on odometer and looks like it’s been off road already, but we’ll clean it up and park it in the showroom”. I love the sales manager she’s been the best to work with otherwise I’d be pissed. She tells me she’s leaving for Texas Saturday for the Maverick dealer showcase won’t be back till Thursday. What’s a couple more days? I’ve waited this long and I’m alright with it. Get a text this morning fire in showroom fire dept showed up, Bronco was saved we got it out. So much for non-smoker barely used Bronco in the for sale ad.

(UPDATE) as a two reservation holder and fleet customer I highly doubt the dealer would do anything to jeopardize our relationship, since the fight I had with 1st dealer converting my reservation to an order without ever talking to me, and them working with dealer rep to get it moved. It was probably used as a dirt mountain shuttle bus.

(UPDATE) miles are actually from going to and from holding lots, dirt mountain folks beware sure there are more to come. Dealer doesn’t even have it out of transport mode yet. Showroom “fire” was small, I really just think it’s funny at this point. This isn’t a dealer issue for me and glad they are honest enough to share info with me, some dealers will try to hide it. This dealership has been around for 100 years and you don’t get to be that old by being dishonest. This post was more of a Ford can do better than this. I really feel for the dealers - low inventory, chip shortages, less than perfect product launches. Always had Fords always will. I really expected the Bronco6G community to understood the light hearted approach to this and not feel like we need to treat the dealers as evil. Makes me rethink whether it’s worth being here with all the bitching going on. I’m sorry I even shared my Bronco experience with you folks.
It doesn't look like it's been offroad.

Some people over explain instead of just fixing the issues. The dealer sounds like and over explainer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.