First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went to pick up my First Edition today. The dealer disclosed that there was damage to the tailgate from the transportation. The damage is behind the spare tire and isn’t visible with the spare tire on. The dealership said that I can take ownership and they will replace the tailgate for free after the part arrives and they paint it. This sounds reasonable, but what about the loss of future resale value? The dealership didn’t offer any discount on price, which is MSRP. I am holding off on taking ownership (and making payment) until I know how to best proceed. I am comfortable negotiating, but I’m not sure what to ask for in this situation. Hoping that the bronco6g group mind can help! What should I do?

Ford Bronco First Edition arrived damaged. Help! FEEC879F-00C6-4C40-80DE-C1E3ADB4ECF1

Ford Bronco First Edition arrived damaged. Help! 573D98F3-9DB4-4105-BDEB-17917D479CA1
Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went to pick up my First Edition today. The dealer disclosed that there was damage to the tailgate from the transportation. The damage is behind the spare tire and isn’t visible with the spare tire on. The dealership said that I can take ownership and they will replace the tailgate for free after the part arrives and they paint it. This sounds reasonable, but what about the loss of future resale value? The dealership didn’t offer any discount on price, which is MSRP. I am holding off on taking ownership (and making payment) until I know how to best proceed. I am comfortable negotiating, but I’m not sure what to ask for in this situation. Hoping that the bronco6g group mind can help! What should I do?

Ford Bronco First Edition arrived damaged. Help! 573D98F3-9DB4-4105-BDEB-17917D479CA1

Everything about their offer seems reasonable. do the deal

Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me, I would take it, have them replace the tailgate. I dont think it will change the value as its not like it was in a vehicle accident. The whole tailgate gets replaced not fixed. You should be fine. I wouldn’t hold off long they will make a killing if you decide not to take ownership, they will have Ford replace the tail gate then mark it up 5k$ sell it to the next guy and he will never know what happened.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds like they're gonna fix it for free though, so MSRP seems like a fair price as long as it includes all costs related to a replacement tailgate. I wouldn't overthink it here, buy it, wait for part, have them fix swap it out and be on your way.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the offer (in writing) to fix it later and get it home ASAP!

Edit: As others said the dealer can pull the Bronco from you and sell to someone else, you're not in a position to negotiate more than a fix.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t see why it would hurt future resale value. Is there some serial number on a tailgate that has to match other body parts? Seems like the only solution you’re gonna get, your only question is if you can get a rebate, and I doubt you will. If it were me, I’d probably just drive it home and wait til they can swap out the tailgate.

Sponsored

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 / 2021 EcoSport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take the deal, and ask to keep the old tailgate after they replace it.

q8_bronco

Badlands
First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B/L ,SAS, 4DR , oxford White, high package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just take it and have fun with it let them fix it after and keep the photo of the damage part show the person who will buy it after that it is minor and from transportation

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the exact same bend in my swinggate. My dealership had it repaired at a local shop and it looks great. I dropped it off last Monday, got it back last Thursday afternoon and it's just fine.

The guys at the body shop said they think it's a defect in the Ford design of the swinggate.

Anyway, the fix was to replace the whole swinggate and align it.

Ford Bronco First Edition arrived damaged. Help! UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_d6d

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why in the world do you think the resale value would change. And why in the world haven't you signed the papers and driven that thing home. Parts will take a while to come in. Enjoy it.
Sponsored