First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that all First Edition reservations that are canceled or ordered as a lower model should be offered to current reservation holders as a reward for sticking it out.
I for one would join a waiting list for this. No First Edition models should go to the dealers to mark up

Edit: I did not state my sentiment very well. I think the FE res holders are getting the short end of the stick. If they choose to abandon the FE altogether or for another model then the FE should not go to a dealer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think as a FE holder that wants the modular painted hard top, I should get an automatic crack at any limited edition MY22 if I wait. For both form and function I just can't get excited about the MIC top and will likely be one of the cancellations by Apr 8.

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think as a FE holder that wants the modular painted hard top, I should get an automatic crack at any limited edition MY22 if I wait. For both form and function I just can't get excited about the MIC top and will likely be one of the cancellations by Apr 8.
I agree with you and I am not a fan of the MIC top. I will wait for my BL to come with the mod top.
Earlier I did not know that FE was only MY21. Sucks.

FE res holders should be allowed to wait for Mod top even if it is MY22

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With over 100,000 orders how would you manage who gets an FE reservation? It’s unfortunate that there was no wait list option as they did with the Hummer EV. But not sure how you would fairly mange that now.

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With over 100,000 orders how would you manage who gets an FE reservation? It’s unfortunate that there was no wait list option as they did with the Hummer EV. But not sure how you would fairly mange that now.
Great point, most likely unmanageable. Best option is probably to not make them.
A random lottery of people who join a wait list would be a nightmare.

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For FE folks, our price is being reduced by $2,390 ($1895 for the black top & $495 for the headliner) and we are getting $1000 in FordPass bucks. Plus, didn’t we already get $200 Ford bucks for something else earlier? In my mind, that really means we are getting the MIC for free and can spend $1895 plus shipping (I’m sure it won’t cost $1,200 to ship) next year to get the MOD top if we want. We are actually saving money here, even after buying the MOD top later. Or, who knows, maybe another top will float your boat between now and then. Also, since I didn’t order the black leather, I’ll be getting my Bronco a few months earlier than I expected when I was ”late availability” because of the MOD top. I see this is as a win. I’ve already updated my order and have my new build sheet.

EddieV

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with you and I am not a fan of the MIC top. I will wait for my BL to come with the mod top.
Earlier I did not know that FE was only MY21. Sucks.

FE res holders should be allowed to wait for Mod top even if it is MY22
I’m on board here too. I get putting a plastic top on lower trim levels to shave $ but not on an FE. As an FE res holder, I’d swap to a ‘22 heritage edition if I knew fir sure I’d get an allocation. I don’t think I’ll spend almost 70K for a bronco with a plastic top that’s already gray and going to fade to an even more gray over time in the sun.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Priority code 99 seems like a decent candidate to get it done. Or actually 88 so that would mean "eight eight wait wait".

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries there, there will be special editions that anyone can have, but I doubt that there will be any real limited editions. That said, I can feel and understand the frustration that this top fiasco/debacle has created. Ford had good intentions on this but just couldn’t make it happen right now.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With over 100,000 orders how would you manage who gets an FE reservation?
Um, based on reservation timestamp? Ask all non FE reservation holders if they want on the list. Sort the list by timestamp. Go down the sorted list until FEs run out.

Seems fairly simple.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As an F.E. holder, I've kind've bashed it pretty hard and was a cancellation candidate due to the delta airlines seating package. However, ordered with black interior (really wanted white interior but oh well) and mic top. Truth be told, if you're going with cactus grey, the MIC is probably the best top color (again, white would've been nice). I figure I'll be the F.E. weirdo who figures out a way to get a silver grill w/ white bronco letters, red outlined, just like the cactus grey preproduction ford showed. If I weren't impatient, I'd wait for a heritage edition, but, in the end, the F.E. will be here in time for summer and fall use and will be "special" in the eyes of some. For me, just a way to get a loaded up bronco ASAP.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um, based on reservation timestamp? Ask all non FE reservation holders if they want on the list. Sort the list by timestamp. Go down the sorted list until FEs run out.

Seems fairly simple.
Not only that but would there really be that much of a demand for these?

You need to be able to afford or at least be willing to pay the cost to get one and you have to even want one in the first place.

Seems like more that a few FE reservation holders have moved to Badlands instead.

I really don't think its that big of a deal.
Sponsored