Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think as a FE holder that wants the modular painted hard top, I should get an automatic crack at any limited edition MY22 if I wait. For both form and function I just can't get excited about the MIC top and will likely be one of the cancellations by Apr 8.
You basically would, wouldn't you?

If you have an FE reservation, it means you have a very early reservation, which would put you at the front of the line for anything in MY22.

You could keep your FE reservation, and assuming it isn't scheduled by the time MY22 special editions are announced, you could change your order / Code 99 it, and hold out for it.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you cant build an identical badlands, as the brushgaurd is incompatible with the 2.7L (at least on the 4dr).

closest you get in build and price is 61,200 vs 63,745.

Subtract $495 for the headliner coming off the FE.

61,200 vs 63,250

so its just over $2k for a first edition as close as it gets.

Technically youd need to add $300 for the brush guard to the badlands... but youd have to buy it as an accessory, might cost more that way? not sure.
If you had the painted top fords going to give you $1000 toward accessories/service.
does not bode well for panels you expect to pull off and store in the garage :/

no. this is probably a blessing in disguise, mod top will probably be best. but hey, get $1000 for trying!
I remember when I had my wrangler a lot of people would complain about the painted top chipping when theyā€™d take it off.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you had the paint top fords going to give you $1000
All who take delivery of a FE will receive the $1k in FordPass points

Also I like body-colored door handles and the black grille. Could do aftermarket on BL, but would be in the hundreds for sure if not more, so that brings the pricing even closer.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All who take delivery of a FE will receive the $1k in FordPass points

Also I like body-colored door handles and the black grille. Could do aftermarket on BL, but would be in the hundreds for sure if not more, so that brings the pricing even closer.
My thoughts exactly. With a bunch of people canceling those canceled orders will be going to dealers. itā€™s going to drive the price of the FE up. I can make $10,000 it will be very hard for me to keep it.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

those arent even painted either. or I cant identify if any are. the most popular 4dr is 2500 and is described as textured plastic.
Most come in black

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. With a bunch of people canceling those canceled orders will be going to dealers. itā€™s going to drive the price of the FE up. I can make $10,000 it will be very hard for me to keep it.
Ya for sure, but I think there will be so many on dealer lots that the market will be saturated a bit. Why pay you $10k over sticker for a used FE when you can get a new one from the dealer. And dont forget about taxes that will eat into the profit (if your state has them).

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ya for sure, but I think there will be so many on dealer lots that the market will be saturated a bit. Why pay you $10k over sticker for a used FE when you can get a new one from the dealer. And dont forget about taxes that will eat into the profit (if your state has them).
I have a hunch dealers will ask more than 10k

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a hunch dealers will ask more than 10k
Iā€™m not saying Iā€™m actively going to seek to sell it, but of the offer was presented to me I have a hard time saying no.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With over 100,000 orders how would you manage who gets an FE reservation? Itā€™s unfortunate that there was no wait list option as they did with the Hummer EV. But not sure how you would fairly mange that now.
Just go by reservation order. Put up a FE sign up wait list. If/when they become available just work down that list by earliest time stamp to latest.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol, no it will cost way more. The mod top is $3,000 ordered with your build from the factory. At the parts counter there will be markup over that, plus very expensive freight. A 4 door painted top from Jeep is almost $5k at the parts counter, expect something in this range. Don't expect to be able to get one from the dealer until 2023 or beyond either.
Interesting. Your mod top was $3K with your build? Mine was only $1895. Youā€™re right though... Iā€™m assuming that the retail cost is the same as the build cost, and it will probably be more. But I donā€™t know how it would jump from $1895 to $5K.
Ford Bronco First Edition Cancellations 7F778C35-19AC-4D41-A1FD-EFAE5E746128

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just go by reservation order. Put up a FE sign up wait list. If/when they become available just work down that list by earliest time stamp to latest.
Good idea...

Um, based on reservation timestamp? Ask all non FE reservation holders if they want on the list. Sort the list by timestamp. Go down the sorted list until FEs run out.

Seems fairly simple.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting. Your mod top was $3K with your build? Mine was only $1895. Youā€™re right though... Iā€™m assuming that the retail cost is the same as the build cost, and it will probably be more. But I donā€™t know how it would jump from $1895 to $5K.
7F778C35-19AC-4D41-A1FD-EFAE5E746128.jpeg
It is an $1895 upgrade from a MOD top. Which in itself is a $1100 upgrade from a soft top. On the FE that $1100 is buried in the MSRP. $1895+$1100=$2995. Retail cost at the parts counter with shipping will likely not be under double this.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For FE folks, our price is being reduced by $2,390 ($1895 for the black top & $495 for the headliner) and we are getting $1000 in FordPass bucks. Plus, didnā€™t we already get $200 Ford bucks for something else earlier? In my mind, that really means we are getting the MIC for free and can spend $1895 plus shipping (Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t cost $1,200 to ship) next year to get the MOD top if we want. We are actually saving money here, even after buying the MOD top later. Or, who knows, maybe another top will float your boat between now and then. Also, since I didnā€™t order the black leather, Iā€™ll be getting my Bronco a few months earlier than I expected when I was ā€late availabilityā€ because of the MOD top. I see this is as a win. Iā€™ve already updated my order and have my new build sheet.
Chris you donā€™t think the big awkward mod top wonā€™t cost at least $1200 to ship to Hawaii? Iā€™m thinking shipping is going to cost the same amount as the actual top. Just look how much it cost to ship good heavy furniture. FYI I currently live within an hour of the Webasto and Bronco plants, moving to HawaIā€™i by end of year. Maybe I should delay my move until the middle of next year and rent a 20 foot cargo container to fill it with a bunch of shadow black painted modular hard tops šŸ˜†
Sponsored