Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, based on reservation timestamp? Ask all non FE reservation holders if they want on the list. Sort the list by timestamp. Go down the sorted list until FEs run out.

Seems fairly simple.
Good idea, but I'm not sure the 'rockstar' IT staff is up to the task.
Sponsored

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not only that but would there really be that much of a demand for these?

You need to be able to afford or at least be willing to pay the cost to get one and you have to even want one in the first place.

Seems like more that a few FE reservation holders have moved to Badlands instead.

I really don't think its that big of a deal.
Right. Many would opt out, but enough would opt in.

It's better than just handing FE units to dealerships, in my book.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a FE reservation holder, the FE is overpriced and offers nothing unique or special besides a badge and an additional color option. I stepped back and ordered a badlands.

as to my FE reservation, who knows, who cares.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a FE reservation holder, the FE is overpriced and offers nothing unique or special besides a badge and an additional color option. I stepped back and ordered a badlands.

Agreed the FE offers nothing special and now the top fiasco. I think I am going to bail on the FE as well and just get the Badlands with MGV in the color that I want.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

If you compare a fully loaded BL with the same options that the FE comes with it’s a $1000s more for a first edition.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an F.E. holder, I've kind've bashed it pretty hard and was a cancellation candidate due to the delta airlines seating package. However, ordered with black interior (really wanted white interior but oh well) and mic top. Truth be told, if you're going with cactus grey, the MIC is probably the best top color (again, white would've been nice). I figure I'll be the F.E. weirdo who figures out a way to get a silver grill w/ white bronco letters, red outlined, just like the cactus grey preproduction ford showed. If I weren't impatient, I'd wait for a heritage edition, but, in the end, the F.E. will be here in time for summer and fall use and will be "special" in the eyes of some. For me, just a way to get a loaded up bronco ASAP.
That's not weird. That grille/letter combo is still the best.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone have a concrete answer to what happens to a cancelled FE?

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off subject, but did we ever find out how those extra 3500 were assigned? Did Ford just over reserve on day 1?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Off subject, but did we ever find out how those extra 3500 were assigned? Did Ford just over reserve on day 1?
I have a feeling they screwed up and let 3500 2 door and 3500 4 door reservations go through. I remember seeing a thread someone had a 2 door FE and they wouldn’t let him change to a 4 door FE.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With over 100,000 orders how would you manage who gets an FE reservation? It’s unfortunate that there was no wait list option as they did with the Hummer EV. But not sure how you would fairly mange that now.
I vote for Unreal Tournament. Original. aka First Edition of that game [See the Irony]
And, since the hardware requirements are low, it will run on everyones computer.

FE is just a Badlands Lux Edition with an inflated price tag.
Go with Samsquanch, Save money, be happy

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For FE folks, our price is being reduced by $2,390 ($1895 for the black top & $495 for the headliner) and we are getting $1000 in FordPass bucks. Plus, didn’t we already get $200 Ford bucks for something else earlier? In my mind, that really means we are getting the MIC for free and can spend $1895 plus shipping (I’m sure it won’t cost $1,200 to ship) next year to get the MOD top if we want. We are actually saving money here, even after buying the MOD top later. Or, who knows, maybe another top will float your boat between now and then. Also, since I didn’t order the black leather, I’ll be getting my Bronco a few months earlier than I expected when I was ”late availability” because of the MOD top. I see this is as a win. I’ve already updated my order and have my new build sheet.
Lol, no it will cost way more. The mod top is $3,000 ordered with your build from the factory. At the parts counter there will be markup over that, plus very expensive freight. A 4 door painted top from Jeep is almost $5k at the parts counter, expect something in this range. Don't expect to be able to get one from the dealer until 2023 or beyond either.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When the site crashed, they had already oversold what they intended to. They were unable to see in realtime what had been reserved with the crazy traffic and slow servers. They decided to double it rather than take a FE reservation away from anyone. It has nothing to do with 2/4 door, it is over 80% 4 door FE orders. Nobody got a FE reservation after launch night.

Fun fact, they didn't intend to sell all 3500 FE reservations. I don't know the exact number, but they were going to hold some back for celebrities/VIPs/executives etc. They ended up selling about 6,700 reservations. With all the cancellations and moving to other trims, they should of sold them all lol. There will be MANY FE available on dealer lots this summer, with a very hefty markup.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

those arent even painted either. or I cant identify if any are. the most popular 4dr is 2500 and is described as textured plastic.
When you order a genuine Jeep top from the dealer, they come primed and the dealer has to paint them. Bronco will be the same surely, painted top will not make it through freight shipping very well.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

you cant build an identical badlands, as the brushgaurd is incompatible with the 2.7L (at least on the 4dr).

closest you get in build and price is 61,200 vs 63,745.

Subtract $495 for the headliner coming off the FE.

61,200 vs 63,250

so its just over $2k for a first edition as close as it gets.

Technically youd need to add $300 for the brush guard to the badlands... but youd have to buy it as an accessory, might cost more that way? not sure.
Don't forget the door and roof bags that come with the FE, and the graphics. Its been a while since I did the math, but it was less than $1000 difference. And its easy to say that $1000 is for things like the painted grill and mirror caps that badlands doesn't have.
Sponsored