Cancellations are making headlines ...

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, I’m glad that Ford has given me more time to make a reasoned, informed decision. Probably wasn’t their plan.
I can relate to this statement. As recent as October I fully intended to order a new Bronco. When it came time to plan the family vacation this spring I ended up talking myself out of it. There were better options than ordering a brand new rig and waiting another year.

I still check the forums for news, still excited to see the new Bronco becoming reality. But at this point I am now all set to sit back see how things shake out over the next few years.
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be honest, I've been in the car industry for over 18 years. I've worked for major import brands, German and Japanese. These incorrect issues of public facing info would never happen with these other brands. Pricing and build would not have so many errors with such a extended time for public correction. Ford is playing catch up, I know covid19 has affected all of our lives. This vehicles was announced during the middle of this mess. They should have been better prepared and shouldn't have announced until they had a vetted production, parts and public release schedule set in stone. I know parts availability would be a problem, they are in all releases but really comes down to communication with clients and dealers.

I will be buying a bronco because I want it and have been waiting for a long time. So don't know if I'm going to take my 7/13 reservation, or hold off until later model years. Ford knows most people will and yell and shout, but at the end the day they will still buy from them because it's going to be a awesome competitor to the Jeep
I think they needed the buzz from our frothing intensity to move the bigger selling volume Bronco Sports. They gambled a bit hoping that none of this bad news gets traction anywhere but with the true believers.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes me laugh. Every article I've read from the start had me on a summer 2021 time frame.

That hasn't changed. My rides going to be built sooner I guess.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t mind waiting at all! It gives me something to look forward to ?
Waiting a couple of extra months is one thing, not being able to get what has been dangled in front of our faces for the past few months until next year is another. Add that to the MANY creature comforts NOT available but paying a price like they're included. I'm out! Got my eye on a CAPABLE F-150 Tremor.

OP
OP
Daytona_Bronco

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting a couple of extra months is one thing, not being able to get what has been dangled in front of our faces for the past few months until next year is another. Add that to the MANY creature comforts NOT available but paying a price like they're included. I'm out! Got my eye on a CAPABLE F-150 Tremor.
The tremor is nice! Any F-150 is always a safe bet ,,, Good Luck ... What was your date of reservation? Just food for thought for the rest of us ..

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

every new vehicle startup has issues and delays and go mostly unnoticed. issue here is the level of excitement is off the charts. the B&P was a fun gesture to give enthusiasts something to build and to look forward to as well as give ford data to what the enthusiasts really desire. give ford credit for not pushing out a product that is not ready and may have had quality issues or anything to damage the reputation of the New Bronco.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I traded in my 2013 wrangler for a bridge vehicle since I have a sept reservation. I’m comfortably set up for a long wait. I’m gonna be torqued if you guys cancel and move me up to the front of the delivery window.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know the rules...
If you want to tell us you're out, you have to tell us your reservation date.
???

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This exactly. As much as I hate the delays and missteps Ford has made, the extra time has given me a chance to evaluate what's important to me.

I have a first night reservation for an FE. I reserved the FE because I perceived it as being special and the "best". I will not be buying an FE. Underwhelming to me, no exclusive colors I like enough to want to buy, graphics that I don't find appealing and a bull bar I don't want or like the looks of.

So it's a blown out 4 dr Badlands Squatch, 2.7 AT in cyber orange for me with lux but not leather, dual tops (soft & mod), and a tow hitch.

I'm saving $4700+ over the FE and getting more of what I want (mgv, tow hitch) and less of what I dont want or need (leather / power seats, graphics, bull bar).

It's taken me awhile to get here, but this forum has helped me figure out that I could give a crap about leather in a vehicle I can almost guarantee will get caught in the rain at least once and don't need power seats at all. Kids have their own cars and are leaving the nest, wife has her own car and will most likely never want to drive the bronco.

So I'm not canceling but won't be buying an FE either.
This, I reserved the FE for the exclusivity and something unique, but there isn't enough unique about it for me. If I had to convert my order after a couple months, I would have an FE committed right now, but getting the time to evaluate options and what my primary uses will be, I am going with a BD with a bunch of accessories and will likely be around $12k less than the FE and that will go toward family road trips so I can get the most out of it.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think waiting is easy for an enthusiast. Even settling for a few quirks seemed to be ok. The quirks added up and the waiting got tiring. The options got reduced and the basic promises got revoked. Eventually, you wear people down. My excitement has worn off but I'm not looking to get my $100 back just yet. I'll see what happens when it's time to convert. I'm still hoping Ford says wait for the MY21 folks to convert then show me my MY22 goodies that my Sept 22 reservation is supposed to be.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
(This is not a complaint)

But, in order for me to get everything I have now in a 2011 KIA that cost me 28k back then
.. I'd have to spend 50k on a Bronco in 2021.

Again I'm not complaining, but just providing a contrast to your statement. I get that your personal needs only call for a barebones base and for that I envy you. I blame my father for making me spring for name brand things, and my high-school friends for instilling in me "go big or go home". Maybe after reincarnation, I'll live a more simple life in the mid west with a base Bronco. But for my needs in this life lol, I want my true creature comforts.
Not sure what you’re implying by the Midwest reference but as far as I know they don’t make an armored Bronco with 50Cal for you guys on the coast. Maybe that is a late availability option LOL. On a more serious note, the base is hardly bare bones, its only bare bones because it’s the lowest of 6 models, and moving up a level or two doesn’t add anything significant in my opinion. If you want a heated leather interior, that’s cool – just don’t compare pricing to a lesser vehicle. I’m sure you can get heated leather seats in a Mitsu Mirage too. Enjoy whatever vehicle you choose – and I’m sure once lots are full of Broncos there will be deals to be had. Meanwhile – Grangers special for OCT reservations was pretty good.

Reactions: MJJ

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
every new vehicle startup has issues and delays and go mostly unnoticed. issue here is the level of excitement is off the charts. the B&P was a fun gesture to give enthusiasts something to build and to look forward to as well as give ford data to what the enthusiasts really desire. give ford credit for not pushing out a product that is not ready and may have had quality issues or anything to damage the reputation of the New Bronco.
WOW -- well said! I think some either can't afford a Bronco or don't want to wait and look for reasons to hate on Ford.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure what you’re implying by the Midwest reference but as far as I know they don’t make an armored Bronco with 50Cal for you guys on the coast. Maybe that is a late availability option LOL. On a more serious note, the base is hardly bare bones, its only bare bones because it’s the lowest of 6 models, and moving up a level or two doesn’t add anything significant in my opinion. If you want a heated leather interior, that’s cool – just don’t compare pricing to a lesser vehicle. I’m sure you can get heated leather seats in a Mitsu Mirage too. Enjoy whatever vehicle you choose – and I’m sure once lots are full of Broncos there will be deals to be had. Meanwhile – Grangers special for OCT reservations was pretty good.
You may have misinterpreted my message. I'm not concerned with the money. My build is 60k and I'm totally OK with that. I was only trying to compare and contrast here. The base is barebones but if it fits your (you in general, not specifically you) needs then hats off to ya. That's a good thing! But for my needs, I need AT LEAST what I had 10 years ago (my 2011 kia's features for half the price).

I put the disclaimer that I'm not complaining twice to avoid the typical forum reaction of folks being defensive. My statement was only meant to state hard facts. A Bronco in 2021 with the same features of a vehicle from ten years prior costs 2x as much. But the Bronco is a whole different animal entirely and therefore it's worth it to me

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t mind waiting at all! It gives me something to look forward to ?
Agree. And glad to see a young guy like you with such a healthy attitude. I feel the same way now but when I was your age I was way more impatient. Looking forward to driving my new Wildtrak around the DFW area whenever that happens to be.

gammaguybronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's the stupid things that are a turnoff that might get this day 2 reservation holder to bail. For example, why can't I get a MT BD with the mid package? I'm fine if it doesn't include remote start with the MT. Let me pay for the package and get everything else but that. Ford did this deliberately to try and nudge me up to a BL, which is available with MT and mid package, Ford is banking on me buying more than I want versus settling for less. This tactic may result in less revenue for Ford instead of more. Each time Ford ratchets prices up (i.e. no x-plan and charging extra for AT in options that previously included it), I find myself looking at lower-cost options. I can afford any of these Broncos and was planning on buying a V6 BL, but prefer a fair value and get totally turned off when the deal keeps changing against me. I won't write Ford a blank check and will take my money elsewhere if they continue to change prices and my perceived value.
This. I also started at a Badlands, then went down to a BD with Mansquatch. When no manual with mid pack on the BD was offered it lowered me down to a base 4 door. I'm just waiting on what the Mansquatch cost will be. If they get a little overzealous with that I'll probably just wait a couple years until you can either add the options I want once they are offered later or be able to negotiate price more once demand starts to settle down. I'm definitely getting a Bronco at some point. It's just more of a question as to whether it's a MY '22 or a '24.
Sponsored