First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting. Your mod top was $3K with your build? Mine was only $1895. You’re right though... I’m assuming that the retail cost is the same as the build cost, and it will probably be more. But I don’t know how it would jump from $1895 to $5K.
7F778C35-19AC-4D41-A1FD-EFAE5E746128.jpeg
Ugh....your missing the fact that is the UPGRADE price, not the full price. You have to account for the standard top price that is buried in the MSRP. Its really easy to figure out the full price of the mod top is $2995, from the factory. Parts counter price will be more, plus freight and possibly paint.
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone have a concrete answer to what happens to a cancelled FE?
FORD will make every one of those 7000 First Editions guaranteed. I’ve talked to a few dealerships here in Metro Detroit, there are plenty of people on secret lists hoping to get a FE. You’ll see dealerships trading FEs across state lines for customers willing to pay ridiculous ADMs.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Buddy of mine in Colorado was chatting with his dealer and mentioned "I'm not sure if I even want it". Dealer instantly fired back "look, make that decision after it shows up, if you don't want it we will take care of you and get you one that you want". Sounds like refusing to accept delivery of an FE (once it shows up) gets you moved way up the list to a trim you actually want and at least a medium pineapple pizza.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the site crashed, they had already oversold what they intended to. They were unable to see in realtime what had been reserved with the crazy traffic and slow servers. They decided to double it rather than take a FE reservation away from anyone. It has nothing to do with 2/4 door, it is over 80% 4 door FE orders. Nobody got a FE reservation after launch night.

Fun fact, they didn't intend to sell all 3500 FE reservations. I don't know the exact number, but they were going to hold some back for celebrities/VIPs/executives etc. They ended up selling about 6,700 reservations. With all the cancellations and moving to other trims, they should of sold them all lol. There will be MANY FE available on dealer lots this summer, with a very hefty markup.
Insider direct knowledge?

38Special

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with you and I am not a fan of the MIC top. I will wait for my BL to come with the mod top.
Earlier I did not know that FE was only MY21. Sucks.

FE res holders should be allowed to wait for Mod top even if it is MY22
Yes, but then, it would a Second Edition, No?

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Send some to Canadian resv holders

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It is an $1895 upgrade from a MOD top. Which in itself is a $1100 upgrade from a soft top. On the FE that $1100 is buried in the MSRP. $1895+$1100=$2995. Retail cost at the parts counter with shipping will likely not be under double this.
Copy. Makes sense. Thanks!

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Chris you don’t think the big awkward mod top won’t cost at least $1200 to ship to Hawaii? I’m thinking shipping is going to cost the same amount as the actual top. Just look how much it cost to ship good heavy furniture. FYI I currently live within an hour of the Webasto and Bronco plants, moving to HawaI’i by end of year. Maybe I should delay my move until the middle of next year and rent a 20 foot cargo container to fill it with a bunch of shadow black painted modular hard tops 😆
Lol - no doubt! I’d never ship something that large here. But I’ll be back on mainland before I ever replace the top.