taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get the logic of "don't pay it". You do understand everything isn't so black and white, right? A 20k ADM, sure that's probably easy to talk away from. But if they're tacking on say 5k? Like 80 percent of this forum is people that start every post with "Day 1 Hour 1 reservation here". If you waited 2+ years for what equates to your dream car (whether you truly need it or just really want it) and then it shows up and you get stuck with a 5k upcharge? Some people will walk for sure but a lot of people will just eat it because whats the alternative? Wait another 2 years? The order banks aren't even open. There is no logic to how these trucks are showing up or being allocated so if you choose to pass, you really have no idea how long you might have to wait again. Sure, if things were different and Broncos were available on lots all over the place I could see making the argument to walk away, shop around. But thats not the case. Dealers truly have consumers by the balls right now. So a lot of people are being burnt, just eating it and holding on to that resentment.
Sponsored

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see both sides for sure- but I tend to side more with the “if people weren’t paying it, it wouldn’t be there”. Recent examples:

• I went to Toyota to see about a 4Runner (while considering bronco order). I was told 5k ADM. I told him to screw off. They said all vehicles have at least that. I said “cool, but you won’t get that from me”. I walked. Like magic they called 2 weeks later and said that they would be willing to drop it
  • I went to Ford with my brother. He NEEDED a car (his was totaled). I told them upfront that ADM wasn’t going to happen so I would need to know now so that I could leave and continue looking with him. They agreed and we got in under MSRP with a car on the lot
As buyers, you need to be aware of what is a need and what is a want. You want the bronco- you don’t need it. Paying over price is a result of that. However, all car buying is an emotional decision. Once the emotion wears off, many realize that they paid more because of that.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see both sides for sure- but I tend to side more with the “if people weren’t paying it, it wouldn’t be there”. Recent examples:

• I went to Toyota to see about a 4Runner (while considering bronco order). I was told 5k ADM. I told him to screw off. They said all vehicles have at least that. I said “cool, but you won’t get that from me”. I walked. Like magic they called 2 weeks later and said that they would be willing to drop it
  • I went to Ford with my brother. He NEEDED a car (his was totaled). I told them upfront that ADM wasn’t going to happen so I would need to know now so that I could leave and continue looking with him. They agreed and we got in under MSRP with a car on the lot
As buyers, you need to be aware of what is a need and what is a want. You want the bronco- you don’t need it. Paying over price is a result of that. However, all car buying is an emotional decision. Once the emotion wears off, many realize that they paid more because of that.
Well said and great story. It's a tactic I will use in the future if needed (I plan on buying everything from Stephens Auto Center at this point)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Dealers truly have consumers by the balls right now. So a lot of people are being burnt, just eating it and holding on to that resentment.
They have the manufacturers in their grasp too, and the brand reputations are suffering for it. Unfortunately the seething disgust for dealers is going to have to get a lot stronger to break their sales monopolies. They've been pouring money in politicians pockets for a long time.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say that I paid a modest ADM for an on-the-lot canceled order. There are numerous reasons I did this, and none of which were because I needed the Bronco. I have ZERO resentments towards my dealer regarding the ADM, as I paid it willingly knowing what the state of the market was for a very desirable vehicle. The resentment I do have towards my dealer was for all the OTHER SHADY THINGS they did.

I did leave a less than flattering review for my dealer on the survey and the linked google review. Once that hit their inbox, the GM of the dealership called me to ask why. We had a nice chat and I explained to him that I paid a PREMIUM for a vehicle, and it would have been nice to at least get a premium experience for that. Sadly I did not get anywhere near a premium experience.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I bought my Mustang in 2005, the dealer had a $5000 additional dealer profit on the sticker. I told them right off that I wasn't paying anything extra at all and would happily go as much as 1000 miles away and drive back if that's what it took to get one at MSRP. Since I was "local", they decided to drop the extra profit and we worked out a deal that I was happy with. There was no shortage of new Mustang convertibles back then.

And I'm thankful that my local dealer stuck with the MSRP on my Bronco. I have nothing but good things to say about Kendall Ford of Meridian.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not saying it’s ok, but dealers only have a few vehicles to sell now. When you have less product, you have to make more on each sale. That being said, Ford has the ability to fix the problem. They just have to do it.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not saying it’s ok, but dealers only have a few vehicles to sell now. When you have less product, you have to make more on each sale. That being said, Ford has the ability to fix the problem. They just have to do it.
It's not just Ford.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not just Ford.
For sure. Greed and profit always An issue. Then you have corporate dealership GMs that can lose their job if their dealership isn’t making numbers. Capitalism has a down side for sure.

Sponsored

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not a good argument, hate to say. Bronco isn't the only vehicle on the market
If I can't afford an Aston Martin, should I call the dealers douschebags because the asking price is out of my range?
Yeah, actually when they brag to you that they make 6 figures gouging their customers. That’s kind of a defining factor of being a douche. And no shit about an Aston Martin, a premium European money burn in hunter green. You have to be a special kind of trust fund baby to think that’s even in the thought process of normal Americans. There are dream cars we all know we can’t afford. The real heritage of a bronco was that it was affordable.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The real heritage of a bronco was that it was affordable.
Uh since when? I never heard that ever claimed by Ford.

Affordable is such a wide range of meaning, often by income group.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? No one forced them to be an idiot and over pay.
Say your car got totaled out because some idiot crashed into it while you where in bed-and you drive to work and you don't have any other options, outside of buying something off the lot with an ADM on it. Some times you damned if you, damned if you don't.

But also many people aren't financially responsible, but that is whole another story

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? No one forced them to be an idiot and over pay.
Because it’s a douchy thing to do and should be called out anyway. Some people do need a vehicle. Everything is marked up, not just the Bronco. It’s called taking advantage of people.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get the logic of "don't pay it". You do understand everything isn't so black and white, right? A 20k ADM, sure that's probably easy to talk away from. But if they're tacking on say 5k? Like 80 percent of this forum is people that start every post with "Day 1 Hour 1 reservation here". If you waited 2+ years for what equates to your dream car (whether you truly need it or just really want it) and then it shows up and you get stuck with a 5k upcharge? Some people will walk for sure but a lot of people will just eat it because whats the alternative? Wait another 2 years? The order banks aren't even open. There is no logic to how these trucks are showing up or being allocated so if you choose to pass, you really have no idea how long you might have to wait again. Sure, if things were different and Broncos were available on lots all over the place I could see making the argument to walk away, shop around. But thats not the case. Dealers truly have consumers by the balls right now. So a lot of people are being burnt, just eating it and holding on to that resentment.
That's a choice that those buyers made. If it's a bad deal, walk away. Dealers are being slimy but if you pay the extra, that's on you.

I personally hope that dealers who mark up the price never sell anything, obviously that's not happening.
Sponsored