Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Uh since when? I never heard that ever claimed by Ford.

Affordable is such a wide range of meaning, often by income group.
Well, since 1966 the original base bronco msrp was $2,192. Which was slightly over the comparable C10s and similar cars. Adjusted for inflation for 2022 thats $20,044. The base starts at $31,000 plus delivery fees, doc fees, add ons. Dealer ADM and most bases are selling for 50,000$ on the second hand market from dealers. Sooooo, look into the math? Ford Country in Henderson has 7 FE 2 Doors sticker priced for $104,000. Does this start to paint a picture ?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was the first vehicle I ever paid MSRP for in my life. I did not like it, but I wanted a Bronco for decades, and when Ford built this version there was no way I wasn’t getting one. The dealer I bought from has listed cancelled ordered Broncos over sticker, but the ADM was never more then $5K. I have no idea if they sold them at that or if buyers whittled the 5K ADM down or they charged more. However, they treated me fairly throughout the process from order to delivery. Other dealers in my area show ADM at 15K to 20K . I simply put these dealerships in my personal “ never buy from” box. One of these dealers that I will no longer deal with was one at which I have purchased multiple Fords from over the years. BTW, as I went through the long Bronco process with my dealership, I would read the horror stories on this forum concerning their dealers not replying to their concerns and providing zero information about the status of their Bronco. My sales rep was outstanding and my experience was totally different. Real time info. Constant updates, and display of actual concern of my order was the rule. Technically,I did pay a tad over sticker because I gave my sales rep a generic gift card for her excellent customer service. This dealer will get first dibs at trying to secure any of my future Ford acquisitions.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will say that I paid a modest ADM for an on-the-lot canceled order. There are numerous reasons I did this, and none of which were because I needed the Bronco. I have ZERO resentments towards my dealer regarding the ADM, as I paid it willingly knowing what the state of the market was for a very desirable vehicle. The resentment I do have towards my dealer was for all the OTHER SHADY THINGS they did.

I did leave a less than flattering review for my dealer on the survey and the linked google review. Once that hit their inbox, the GM of the dealership called me to ask why. We had a nice chat and I explained to him that I paid a PREMIUM for a vehicle, and it would have been nice to at least get a premium experience for that. Sadly I did not get anywhere near a premium experience.
How about some examples of what the dealership did that was less then stellar in their performance so the rest of us can be aware. Customer service is becoming more and more a thing of the past. With people buying online, always in a rush, always needing the cheapest price, businesses turning over employees at record numbers. Some buyers don't want to deal with a customer service rep, others don't care. Its a shame what this says about our society as a whole, we are turning into a bunch of INSTANT GRADIFACTION buyers.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How about some examples of what the dealership did that was less then stellar in their performance so the rest of us can be aware. Customer service is becoming more and more a thing of the past. With people buying online, always in a rush, always needing the cheapest price, businesses turning over employees at record numbers. Some buyers don't want to deal with a customer service rep, others don't care. Its a shame what this says about our society as a whole, we are turning into a bunch of INSTANT GRADIFACTION buyers.
Ah yes because car salesmen were once known as the peak of ethical sales practice prior to "shakes fists" these damn kids!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get the logic of "don't pay it". You do understand everything isn't so black and white, right? A 20k ADM, sure that's probably easy to talk away from. But if they're tacking on say 5k? Like 80 percent of this forum is people that start every post with "Day 1 Hour 1 reservation here". If you waited 2+ years for what equates to your dream car (whether you truly need it or just really want it) and then it shows up and you get stuck with a 5k upcharge? Some people will walk for sure but a lot of people will just eat it because whats the alternative? Wait another 2 years? The order banks aren't even open. There is no logic to how these trucks are showing up or being allocated so if you choose to pass, you really have no idea how long you might have to wait again. Sure, if things were different and Broncos were available on lots all over the place I could see making the argument to walk away, shop around. But thats not the case. Dealers truly have consumers by the balls right now. So a lot of people are being burnt, just eating it and holding on to that resentment.
How is that any harder to walk away from? Markup just walk away. No one is forced to buy a car.

Sponsored

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is that any harder to walk away from? Markup just walk away. No one is forced to buy a car.
Because if you walk away it’s not like you can goto the dealer down the road and shop for a bronco. I’m not sure why so many people have a hard time grasping that. Not to mention so many cars are marked up. I know in my case if I didn’t get my bronco I was probably looking at a 4Runner. And guess what? All marked up in my area. I was also told (not sure if this is true) that I couldn’t order from a dealer outside my area. They go by your address and I’d have to buy one in my region. So even if I walked from my bronco, my next choice was also going to be a problem.

Again, everyone views this as so black and white. Nothing in life is ever that simple…

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because if you walk away it’s not like you can goto the dealer down the road and shop for a bronco. I’m not sure why so many people have a hard time grasping that. Not to mention so many cars are marked up. I know in my case if I didn’t get my bronco I was probably looking at a 4Runner. And guess what? All marked up in my area. I was also told (not sure if this is true) that I couldn’t order from a dealer outside my area. They go by your address and I’d have to buy one in my region. So even if I walked from my bronco, my next choice was also going to be a problem.

Again, everyone views this as so black and white. Nothing in life is ever that simple…
It is very black and white. There is no difference. A markup is a markup. If the dealer is able to find a sucker to pay them then good for the dealer. That doesn’t make it any less stupid to pay one. No one is forcing you buy a car. No one is required to buy a Bronco, you just want one.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It is very black and white. There is no difference. A markup is a markup. If the dealer is able to find a sucker to pay them then good for the dealer. That doesn’t make it any less stupid to pay one. No one is forcing you buy a car. No one is required to buy a Bronco, you just want one.
But here is the point he's trying to make-almost every car on the lot currently has some sort of ADM on it. This isn't a Bronco specific issue.

So something catastrophic happens to your current car-your pretty much stuck paying an ADM if you want a new car.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But here is the point he's trying to make-almost every car on the lot currently has some sort of ADM on it. This isn't a Bronco specific issue.

So something catastrophic happens to your current car-your pretty much stuck paying an ADM if you want a new car.
It’s still very black and white. It’s more leg work now but it is far from every car and every car maker.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is more about the used car market, but similar concept of people paying too much and then being upside down.

Not endorsing this guy, but thought it was interesting...

Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get A-plan so under msrp, if it was over msrp or no Bronco I would choose no Bronco. But that's just my personal choice, to me it's just a cool vehicle that's not absolutely necessary.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the logic of "don't pay it". You do understand everything isn't so black and white, right? A 20k ADM, sure that's probably easy to talk away from. But if they're tacking on say 5k? Like 80 percent of this forum is people that start every post with "Day 1 Hour 1 reservation here". If you waited 2+ years for what equates to your dream car (whether you truly need it or just really want it) and then it shows up and you get stuck with a 5k upcharge? Some people will walk for sure but a lot of people will just eat it because whats the alternative? Wait another 2 years? The order banks aren't even open. There is no logic to how these trucks are showing up or being allocated so if you choose to pass, you really have no idea how long you might have to wait again. Sure, if things were different and Broncos were available on lots all over the place I could see making the argument to walk away, shop around. But thats not the case. Dealers truly have consumers by the balls right now. So a lot of people are being burnt, just eating it and holding on to that resentment.
Huge difference between 'surprise' ADM on your own order vs ADM on dealer stock. Also a huge difference between 'reasonable' ADM (in this post-Covid inflationary market) vs. gouging for stupid profits.

I have a July '20 reservation at MSRP (at a low-allocation dealer on the other side of the country - thanks, Ford) that has gone nowhere.

I placed a second order at a large dealer locally before the 2022 order bank closed (also at MSRP).

Two months later, the second dealer gave me the opportunity to purchase a Bronco (same color 2dr I ordered, but totally loaded BL) that a Day-1 orderer could not get financing on.

They were asking $5k ADM, since it moved into dealer stock. I thought this was 100% reasonable, considering the situation.

It was win-win at that price point... I would not have paid more... and the dealer should not be expected to sell an "abandoned" order at MSRP.

The bottom line, I have had a summer of Bronco-ing that I would have missed out on entirely... and I have no regrets at all.
Sponsored