Clubs

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not able to wash vehicle at home. What’s the best method to wash car other ways that is safe for paint?
I use a auto car wash club. $20 per month. I just make sure they do not use brushes. The one I go to has the option of no brushes, I just remind the workers EVERYTIME I go thru. Never had a issue.

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

eljefe512

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the Bronco through an auto wash with ALLLL the brushes almost weekly.
I have a stubby antenna and a hard top though. But I don't even fold in the mirrors...the brushes do that for me! lol.
No issues.
Same for me. Stubby antenna is a must!

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
……. and go all in on that house and spring for a garage with a drain AND hot & cold water faucets…. Plus you can wash it inside even when it’s hot/sunny!! 🤣
My dream garage! Right now all I have is hot and cold water...

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Car wash facility with pressure wash. Rinse and then hand wash from bucket and soap. Fill from pressure washer or a hose bib at car wash if equipped. Pressure rinse again. Hand dry in the bay out of the sun if not busy. Bring a cordless leaf blower to blow most of water out of gaps first.
The caveat here being you shouldn't do this during busy hours as carwashes often depend on volume of vehicles washed. Unless you want to keep the meter running the whole time, which most people won't. Don't be surprised if the employee tells you no bucket washing. Basically, remember it's a business, not your personal garage bay.

Touchless autos are a good option for vehicles that are kept clean, but they are not a total replacement for hand washing and aren't very effective on truly dirty cars.

Never ever use a brush style auto wash. Your paint will look like trash in no time. Some people say this isn't true, but they just don't see the damage. Heavily swirled cars are normal to many people 😵 Not to ‍mention the possibility for the brushes to rip stuff clean off your car.

Depending on the circumstances where you live, a rinseless wash can be a good option. There are products designed for this. They don't suds up like a typical soap, but are formulated to encapsulate dirt. They work good on cars that aren't too dirty. Do some research on the method and see if it's for you.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not able to wash vehicle at home. What’s the best method to wash car other ways that is safe for paint?
I had a ceramic coating applied to paint and windows as soon as I got the bronco. I take my bronco to a pressure wash car wash and being the extras like wheel/tire cleaner/shine and lots of microfiber cloths. Do the whole exterior and dry then vac and clean the interior. You’re not supposed to take it through any car wash if you can avoid it so I recommend the pressure wash option.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The caveat here being you shouldn't do this during busy hours as carwashes often depend on volume of vehicles washed. Unless you want to keep the meter running the whole time, which most people won't. Don't be surprised if the employee tells you no bucket washing. Basically, remember it's a business, not your personal garage bay.

Touchless autos are a good option for vehicles that are kept clean, but they are not a total replacement for hand washing and aren't very effective on truly dirty cars.

Never ever use a brush style auto wash. Your paint will look like trash in no time. Some people say this isn't true, but they just don't see the damage. Heavily swirled cars are normal to many people 😵 Not to ‍mention the possibility for the brushes to rip stuff clean off your car.

Depending on the circumstances where you live, a rinseless wash can be a good option. There are products designed for this. They don't suds up like a typical soap, but are formulated to encapsulate dirt. They work good on cars that aren't too dirty. Do some research on the method and see if it's for you.
Plenty of time in many days where they are dead.

IMG_5462.jpeg

BarryHo

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wand wash preferred, as above directions. Put together a good wash kit, ample clean micro cloths (Costco yellow micro cloth bundle recommended), tire/wheel cleaner spray, detailer spray (helps remove water spots and for in-between touch ups), glass cleaner, tire shine and a "back to black" type cleaner protectant as the black fenders are notorious for going gray after a while. For soft tops, a good tweed cleaner protector, and plastic window cleaner.

For automatic washes, use above kit, such as tire/wheel cleaner just before going in, and rest of kit after as needs be. Automatics will not get wheel wells, rims, tires, rear hatch area, and spare tire very well, especially when really dirty, so post wash detailing will help, though wand washes in between best.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bite the bullet, pay for the unlimited hand wash service.
A good one near me cost $40/mo. (Exterior only, and no tire dressing)
Most of the time they do a good job cleaning and drying it.

I then apply detail products when it gets home.
Essentially cleaning it twice haha.

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not suppose to wash my vehicles where I live too, because of???

I say that with ???s, because, if I use a nozzle/sprayer that shuts off the water I'm suppose to be able to wash my cars, but I was told "No Car Washing!" by the local "over zealous RA type" building captain, yet at my girl friend's building (same community, different type of condos) they can wash with a nozzle that can be turned off, so WTF?

Anyhow I got around the supposed rule by using two 5 gallon buckets, one for wash, one for rise and the scowl on "Mrs Kavitz's" face when she saw me getting around the rule and she couldn't say sh*t was priceless!

I've thought about buying a garden sprayer to use only for my Bronco to help with the rise, but haven't had to resort to that yet. I also could add a rise agent to the water in the sprayer, so I still might do that. After spending $10 on a auto wash I spend too much time finishing the job, Bronco gets dirty when wheeling, when for free I can do it right in the same time when you count driving there and back, waiting in line and etc. And I can enjoy a beer or two while doing it too.

So ask why you can't and then find a work around. Our community's security laughed (when told the above) and said I was OK when they saw me washing my Bronco with two buckets.
Ah yes, California, gotta love it.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of the Circle K gas have Carwashes that are Touchless and work well. They Also have a membership for unlimited washes for about $19 a mth.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't forget the wax...your top will love it.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take it to a hand wash place. They will wash and dry, you drive away, not damage from the auto wash.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't use the automatic washes because almost all of them have the spinning brushes. I would go to a self-wash place and bring a couple of your own items. This is my procedure at the self wash:

1. Start with high-pressure wash with soap. No need to waste time on plain water.
  2. Have a partner use soft mitts to wipe down behind me.
  3. High pressure rinse
  4. Spot-free rinse
  5. Wipe off excess water with microfiber cloths I bring

Sometimes I drive a mile or so and pull into a parking lot before performing the last step, as that gives me a 90% wind dry. :)

Don't forget the wheel wells and under-carriage, particularly if you've been off-roading.
Sponsored