Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you on crack? Or do you like to make up numbers for fun. My one piece hardtop from them with both the sound insulation and wiper was under 7k WITH shipping and I live on the east coast. With the modular top it would be a little over 7k. I’m not saying that is cheap by any stretch but it isn’t 10k. My shipping was under 1000 bucks. You are either a hater or someone that likes to throw around BS as fact.

and I’m calling bullshit on someone selling you a oem mic top for 3200 bucks. No one is that stupid or they stole it. Not to mention why would they be selling it?
When I looked to preorder top from adv it came to $9800 so yes I did lie by $200. Yes I did purchase the mic top for $3200. He has many vehicles and isn't on social media and felt the price was correct. When I got there I told him what they were selling for and he said oh well. I have found others (not many) and not in my area for under $5k. They are out there. Why in the world would I lie about what I paid for my top??:ROFLMAO: I dont care what people think I was just commenting that there are mic tops out there for decent prices if you keep looking. $7000 is still WAY more than I would ever pay for a hard top but hey if you have the money to throw at it that's on you.
Sponsored

Maul_ii

Badlands
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands | 1972 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anderson COmp.jpg

Anderson Composites slipped us a little teaser! Behold... their Carbon Fiber Bronco Roof!

Here's what we know so far :

- For 4-Door Models (to start).
- Will be available in both Carbon Fiber and Composite.
- Will be included with tinted glass, wiper, wiring, and new Ford OEM weatherstripping.

STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE DETAILS!

Joe Rocchio / [email protected]
877-2-LETHAL | lethalperformance.com
1637347377084-png-png-png-png-png.png

I'll be most interested in how this affects wind noise compared to the OEM Hardtop with sound deadening.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, as a soft top and convertible guy, I'll run with the softie for a while till the market catches up and matures a bit. I'm fortunate to live in a more rural and temperate area, so some will have legitimate reasons for needing hard tops. I'll let them work the kinks out. A good soft top should last 5-7 years with good care and maintenance. I'll see where the market goes in that time. If a reasonable mod top were available at a reasonable price, that could accelerate my plan, but I doubt it.
I'm enjoying the softie. A lot of people trashing it, but honestly I see a lot of Jeeps and they don't look any better. The sun rider position takes a few seconds and gives 80% open air, there is also no buffeting and can literally be done at at stoplight. That said I will probably get a hard top when they become more available, but for now this is pretty darn cool.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I looked to preorder top from adv it came to $9800 so yes I did lie by $200. Yes I did purchase the mic top for $3200. He has many vehicles and isn't on social media and felt the price was correct. When I got there I told him what they were selling for and he said oh well. I have found others (not many) and not in my area for under $5k. They are out there. Why in the world would I lie about what I paid for my top??:ROFLMAO: I dont care what people think I was just commenting that there are mic tops out there for decent prices if you keep looking. $7000 is still WAY more than I would ever pay for a hard top but hey if you have the money to throw at it that's on you.
Is there any chance that MIC top is a Gen 1 top? They were supposed to be destroyed, but I wondered if it might be a way to get a top on the cheap.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious to see pricing as well.

I did dig around Anderson Composites site a little bit and they do have some roof components for cars.

To give an idea the C8 Corvette roof replacement is 2,859.00
https://andersoncomposites.com/prod...-roof-replacement?_pos=7&_sid=d80224a35&_ss=r
If $2,859 gives you two unfinished Corvette roof panels, sans hardware and gaskets, then the price for 3 Bronco rood panels with gaskets, hardware and the rear cap has to be at 2-3 times that, i.e. in the $6,000 to $9,000 range. Also, they show unfinished layup, usually epoxy resin. That must be finished with a UV protective coating or wrap, or the sun will destroy it. Another $1,000-$2,000.

Will be light and strong, though! That $9,000-$10,000 price is close to that available from Miami's SoFlo custom top https://www.soflojeeps.com/product/bronco-stallion-slantback/

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If $2,859 gives you two unfinished Corvette roof panels, sans hardware and gaskets, then the price for 3 Bronco rood panels with gaskets, hardware and the rear cap has to be at 2-3 times that, i.e. in the $6,000 to $9,000 range. Also, they show unfinished layup, usually epoxy resin. That must be finished with a UV protective coating or wrap, or the sun will destroy it. Another $1,000-$2,000.

Will be light and strong, though! That $9,000-$10,000 price is close to that available from Miami's SoFlo custom top https://www.soflojeeps.com/product/bronco-stallion-slantback/

You may be right, but another thing to consider, the Corvette tax is way higher than the Bronco tax.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You may be right, but another thing to consider, the Corvette tax is way higher than the Bronco tax.
It's a fun guessing game. It will also be interesting to see if they make a 2-panel roof for the 4-dr, or a 3-panel roof? Less panels = lower wind noise, greater strength, less leaking.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a fun guessing game. It will also be interesting to see if they make a 2-panel roof for the 4-dr, or a 3-panel roof? Less panels = lower wind noise, greater strength, less leaking.

A 3 panel roof would work, I'm guessing Ford went with 5 for lighter weight and taking off just the front becomes a 1 person job, which I have to agree with, but less noise is always a win.

Sponsored

KsKev

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
very true, but you can preorder from adv now! no warranty info and a 35% restocking fee and you pay shipping back as long as it is unused or mounted!
A 3 panel roof would work, I'm guessing Ford went with 5 for lighter weight and taking off just the front becomes a 1 person job, which I have to agree with, but less noise is always a win.
Watching.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs