First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both 2 & 4-door models need something to level out the load floor once rear seats fold down. Ford is positioning the optional "Cargo Tray" as that solution:
Ford Bronco "Cargo Tray" Re-imagined as a drawer 1595958376313

I don't know much about it except one of their engineers says 2 adults can sit on the pull-out tray...so it must be anchored fairly well, although it would need to be removed to access the tire jack underneath. I'm thinking it might be more utilitarian repurposed as a drawer. Any thoughts? Ford?? Aftermarket??
Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not seen a photo of the 2 door with the tray yet. Considering the limited space behind the seats, I have to imagine it is not the same part as the 4 door.

All of that considered, not much "drawer" with 4 inches to work with. Still, I would take a custom AR drawer. It would keep me from having to use a rifle sheath behind the front seats.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Both 2 & 4-door models need something to level out the load floor once rear seats fold down. Ford is positioning the optional "Cargo Tray" as that solution:
Ford Bronco "Cargo Tray" Re-imagined as a drawer 1595958376313

I don't know much about it except one of their engineers says 2 adults can sit on the pull-out tray...so it must be anchored fairly well, although it would need to be removed to access the tire jack underneath. I'm thinking it might be more utilitarian repurposed as a drawer. Any thoughts? Ford?? Aftermarket??
I as well have no Idea how it works.. Closes... Slides... Whatever.. But I do love that 'fake' tailgate they are giving us ?

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Needing to remove it to access the jack+ under there seems like a bad design. I wonder if it can flip up to allow access. In either case I'd rather have a drawer of some kind rather than a pull out tray. I cant think of any time i'd ever use the tray.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm hoping for a draw as well. Great place to put jumper cables, tools, recovery kit, etc. A draw with a flip up top that works as a seat would be the best of both worlds, right?

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not seen a photo of the 2 door with the tray yet. Considering the limited space behind the seats, I have to imagine it is not the same part as the 4 door.

All of that considered, not much "drawer" with 4 inches to work with. Still, I would take a custom AR drawer. It would keep me from having to use a rifle sheath behind the front seats.
I've already started sketching a foam lined drawer in my head to store the roof panels when they come off.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People will find fault in anything. I think it is ingenious.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a good point about the jack access. I believe the aftermarket for the new Bronco is about to explode and there will be plenty of options to choose from.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the tray idea. One thing I would like to see is a MOLLE panel for the tailgate. I had one on my JK and it was a great space to store bags that I had my jumper cables, tow strap, gloves, bungie cords, and med kit on. And it did not eat up any space.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the objective of it? Besides having two people sit on it, what purpose would it serve? As far as it leveling off the cargo when the rear seats are down, what is the benefit?

Sorry if the questions seem ignorant, I'm just wondering if there is something I'm not thinking of so that I can consider whether I want it on my Bronco. Thanks!

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the objective of it? Besides having two people sit on it, what purpose would it serve? As far as it leveling off the cargo when the rear seats are down, what is the benefit?

Sorry if the questions seem ignorant, I'm just wondering if there is something I'm not thinking of so that I can consider whether I want it on my Bronco. Thanks!
Leveling the cargo space is useful if you want to sleep in the back. Its also helpful if you are carrying anything long enough to cross the seatbacks + rear space.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking from my experience with my Jeep Wrangler.....

This type of slide out tray is incredibly welcome. It provides a working space that you can walk all the way up do. Right now I have to lean over the rear bumper.

Additionally, it provides additional platform space which is nice to use when the back of the vehicle is otherwise filled to the brim and you just need place to open a bag or case up.

::EDIT::
Here’s a live look at the back of my vehicle.
Ford Bronco "Cargo Tray" Re-imagined as a drawer 10C76044-4154-4F36-B1C4-1F27767E8171

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leveling the cargo space is useful if you want to sleep in the back. Its also helpful if you are carrying anything long enough to cross the seatbacks + rear space.
If you’re carrying something longer than cargo area, what would you do with the gate? I imagine it needs to get locked down somehow?

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I use a shelf that goes into the sun visor mounts and then the sun visors reattaches under it. I know the bronco retains the visors with the top off, but it doesn't look like a similar shelf will be feasible to store a firearm on with the aux switches and lights in the center. I haven't found an alternate solution yet that's as easy as it is to get to from the driver's seat.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Speaking from my experience with my Jeep Wrangler.....

This type of slide out tray is incredibly welcome. It provides a working space that you can walk all the way up do. Right now I have to lean over the rear bumper.

Additionally, it provides additional platform space which is nice to use when the back of the vehicle is otherwise filled to the brim and you just need place to open a bag or case up.
This definitely gives me a netter perspective. Thank you!
Sponsored