broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, we ran it this way before we swapped on the 37s and beadlock rings.

We've not tested alternate ride heights - I will need to get with King on our coilover spec and see what the springs are capable of achieving in either direction.

We're posting the Wildtrack here but also have a First Edition on which we're working. We also have our spec coilovers on a Big Bend (non Sasquatch) with factory Wildtrak wheels and tires. The Big Bend sits and rides great, too.

TL;DR: The shock's job is to keep the tire on the ground and minimize input from the road into the chassis - if you're adding load, you'll need to adjust the spring rate AND the shock.

I don't know of any current technology that won't fail you there. If you setup a Coilover (spring rate and valving) to support the unloaded Bronco, it won't do well with 1,000lbs added in payload. If you setup the spring rate for the 1,000lb load, it won't serve you well when you're unloaded. That's a significant variance in added weight vs. curb weight.

Traditionally, you'd add some sort of supplemental load capacity system (airbags, timbrens, etc.) to support the load. This would ramp up way too quick and shorten effective suspension travel making for terrible performance in high-speed desert running situations. Ironically, it sounds like this is when you want this high-speed improvement (when you're loaded).

There's always the option to leave the 1,000lbs on the rig at all times. Increase the spring rates where necessary (depending on the load's distribution) then adjust the shock valving as necessary to accommodate the load and additional spring rates. Pull the weight off and decide if the alterations made to support the additional load have made the unloaded ride insufferable or don't affect it enough to bother reloading.

Now I'm rambling. You've posed some valid concerns BUT you're pinning a lot on the shock, itself when your situation calls for several changes in the suspension. I'm not aware of any products that can achieve what you want without sacrificing the other end of the spectrum.

Thanks a lot for the detailed response. I guess the next questions is assuming I leave most of the load in the Bronco at all times. Will your system support that? In other way, will I be able to select a spring rate at checkout?
And when you say the shock valving needs adjustment depending on load, can the knob adjusters on the shock serve that purpose?

Because let’s be honest, a lot of people will carry weight in their Bronco. Even non overlanders who just off road will carry a few hundred pounds of recovery gear, traction boards, winch, steel bumpers, and other shits.
So I believe my concern will apply to a wide range of Carli customers.

Last question: you historically supported HD trucks. Now the Bronco. Will you support the new Tacoma / Ranger that are out by the end of this year?

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope this setup will work with my sway bar disconnect! Looking forward to preordering a set!

Sponsored

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can some one school me on the double shear fixing the tire rod issue? It won't put more stress on the rack?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, ANYTHING you do to the steering on the Bronc is harder on the rack. ;)

Double shear the short version.

Ford Bronco Carli Suspension system King Shocks coming soon. Interesting Steering linkage 1679890656285

A bolt that only has one surface it goes through is known as single shear. Only takes force on one side and BANGO your broke.

A bolt that goes through two plates(surfaces) is know as double shear. it takes force from the upper and lower and for the most part makes it a solid joint. If you break a properly sized double shear you are doing something. 😁

More more than that I am not typing. :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

You can read more here............

https://www.google.com/search?q=dou...UKEwi59eP_n_v9AhWWeDABHQ3HD2AQ0pQJKAB6BAgBEAI

Enjoy. 🍻

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do the sliders protrude far enough to protect from door dings? I like the design on these and frame mounted is what I need.