First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We sold my wife’s car via carvana last fall. Extremely easy. They came picked it up and handed us a check.
‘I just sold my truck via Vroom as they offered 3k more than carvana. I little bit more of a pain. They mailed me a check about a week later, a little miscommunication as third party actually picks it up but well worth a tiny bit of agrivation for the extra money both paid off the loan very quickly.
Sponsored

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just sold my Jeep Wrangler to Carvana, they are picking it up next Thursday. $6,000 more than quoted six months ago. Its a 2014 model and getting about $6,000 less than what I paid new. I looked at Vroom ($500 less), and KBB. My issues were with KBB referenced dealers and the dealer I originally purchased from - none would provide a price; just bring it in so they could inspect it etc., etc. Multiple phone calls, texts, emails but could not get them to commit to any price. So Carvana it is........

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at Carvana to see what they would offer me for my '13 STI. Despite KBB being in the 18-22k range depending on condition, they offered me 12.4 lol! Yea I don't think so, private party value is typically at least 5k more. I do realize this car isn't exactly in the high demand category, like trucks and what not, right now. Still worth a bit more than 12.4k. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I actually worked at Carvana (as a consultant) for about a year, on their logistics platform. Which included all the stuff for valuations and credit checks, so I kinda know how it all works. But when they've got other 13 STIs listed on their site for 22k and offer me 12, they are still going to get the big: 🖕

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got quotes on my ‘20 Rubicon:

Carvana: $48200
Carmax: $47500
Vroom: $54200

I paid $48+ Tax in April of ‘20

Unbelievable!
I have a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium trim I’ll be offloading for my Bronco. This gives me hope!

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As we all know, auto production is down so the demand for used cars is way, way up. So, like many, I am going to take this opportunity to unload a vehicle or two (looking at you Ford Flex).

Anyway, I have gotten quotes from Carvana and CarMax. However, trying to get additional info out of Carvana is near impossible. Their customer service lines says the wait time is several hours, to call back later and the dial tone. The chat/text line took 21.5 hours to get a response once I got past the robot.

So, those who have sold to Carvana in the past, how does it work upon vehicle pick-up and what was your experience? I am anticipating them inspecting/verifying the vehicle upon pick-up, is that the case and if so how long did it take? Did the offer stand once they got there or did they try to beat you down on price? Anything else I need to know. Any advice and insight is appreciated.
I just sold my FJ Saturday.
They quoted me $34,272 online. (I said it was in excellent shape, it was probably more like very good!)

A new Dodge Charger pulled in my driveway. 20 yr old gets out of it, introduces herself. She walks over, looks at the vin, makes sure its the same as what her printout says, asks for the title, we sign a bunch of stuff, she hands me a check for $34,272. She asks if its ok if it sits here for a few hours until the flatbed gets here - I say it can sit here for as long as you like!

At that point she says she just has to make sure it drives -she starts it, goes 20 feet forward then 20 feet backwards in my driveway, shuts it off and leaves. Never did a once over, never looked at anything. There was no inspection sticker on the FJ. Total time - 6 minutes.

Yes their customer service is terrible if youre trying to get ahold of them, but if you have an offer youre satisfied with - go for it.

Sponsored

pdonoh

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150, 2015 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a very good experience selling my 2008 F-150 to Vroom in March. They offered twice what local dealers were offering, took them a few days to pick it up and the money was direct deposited right away.

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just sold my leased Tacoma to Carvana last Thursday for more than I paid for it with 25K miles. The only pictures required were my driver's license and the odometer. They met me at a spot a 100 miles from their nearest office, signed a few documents and that was it. They deposited the money in my checking account.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just think you could get more for your vehicle through a private transaction. Do yall feel the same?
I think it really depends on the price point. Under $5k Craigslist or FB Marketplace all day long. Over $10, Carvana or CarMax (or apparently Vroom)

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As we all know, auto production is down so the demand for used cars is way, way up. So, like many, I am going to take this opportunity to unload a vehicle or two (looking at you Ford Flex).

Anyway, I have gotten quotes from Carvana and CarMax. However, trying to get additional info out of Carvana is near impossible. Their customer service lines says the wait time is several hours, to call back later and the dial tone. The chat/text line took 21.5 hours to get a response once I got past the robot.

So, those who have sold to Carvana in the past, how does it work upon vehicle pick-up and what was your experience? I am anticipating them inspecting/verifying the vehicle upon pick-up, is that the case and if so how long did it take? Did the offer stand once they got there or did they try to beat you down on price? Anything else I need to know. Any advice and insight is appreciated.
I sold my f150 (years ago) to carvana. The pick up was really easy. It was towards the end of the day. The rep took it for a short test drive. Double checked mileage, etc... He filed out a few forms to complete the sale, and then handed me a check.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I highly discourage this. The dealers will low ball you for selling your car to them but this may work fine for a trade in
Thats not how KBB instant cash deals work. Either way KBB was significant higher than Carvana for my area, they both are guaranteed stated offers.

Sponsored

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Selling my 2013 Fusion (112K miles) for my Bronco:

Dealer: $3,500 (quoted back in Jan)
KBB: $5,500-7k Trade in Range
Carvana: $6,000

I'm going to sell thru Carvana a week or 2 before we do the Bronco deal.

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are these companies doing with these cars and trucks, just turning around and reselling them?

Ranger6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love carvana. carvana is the best ever! F carmax!

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What are these companies doing with these cars and trucks, just turning around and reselling them?
I sold them my 72,000 mile Lincoln MKZ last month. They handed me a check for $14,153 and it's currently listed on their site for $17,990. I originally bought it in 2017 with 32,000 miles for $20,600.

This market is nuts.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oddly enough, i sold one car to Carvana and bought another one from Carmax. IMO both sides of the deals were super easy.
Sponsored