KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s pretty lowball compared to KBB, True Car and my Ford Dealer that wants it on their used lot

And it is extremely lowball to my Daughter who loves driving the Bronco as much as I do. As far as she is concerned, I can‘t sell Our Bronco at any price.
Then why come in here to complain about Carvana?

That's like me coming in here to bitch that I put my Bronco for sale up on FaceBook for $40k and some guy stopped by and offered $35k. Big whoop, we move on.
Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I sold my 2017 Toyota 86 to Carvana for $3k less than I bought it for new. They drove 2 hours to my rural town to pick it up. I hope they sold it for profit because it was so much easier than selling it myself or working a dealer trade-in.

carmax had a lowball offer. I didn’t complain, I just shopped elsewhere.

Carvana may have a calculation wrong, or some bad numbers got into their math. Or they may no longer be offering great deals to sellers.

once the supply issues with these broncos gets resolved and the vehicle market fully recovers these SUVs wont have great resale values, especially base models with less functional differentials.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Even funnier are responses like yours defending your 4 Door compromise as a “real Bronco” or better yet, the Bronco Sport folks that think they have a real “Bronco“ instead of an Escape III. Have a talk about being defensive to the guy in in the mirror.
I guess it depends on your definition of "real Bronco". Is it because it has 2 doors? Is it because it has a 3 speed manual transmission with a physical transfer case lever? Is it because it has a straight 6 or anemic carbureted V8? Maybe the drum brakes or locking hubs? To some your Bronco might not be a "real Bronco" because of all the technology, even on the base model. Are they wrong? Just depends on what the definition of "real" is, so food for thought.

I am with you that the Carvana estimate you gave was laughable. I was fortunate to get my Bronco year one. One of my buddies worked at the local auction house that handled the dealer auctions and would text me pics of Broncos going through the auction selling for $90-$100k at that time. I would be lying if I didn't say I seriously thought about selling, and my buddy had dealers ready to buy. The financial side of me said "sell the Bronco, re-order and I would have a mostly cost-free new Bronco". The emotional side of me ended up winning out. I had wanted this Bronco since they first announced it. Like you I will probably keep it for 10 years easy. I still get asked by friends if I regret not selling it for $100k back in the early days, and I can still say that I don't regret keeping my Bronco at all (but I get that some here may call me crazy, and that's okay). That Carvana estimate will never account for the feeling I still get when getting in my Bronco.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately, couldn’t use my X plan in 2021 but maybe next time for a Ranger6G if they bring the rumored Reg or Ext Cab back. If not then F150 Reg Cab SB 5.0

I want to build a Street/Sport Truck unless I win the lottery then Fuchit, it’s going to be a Steeda Thunder or Shelby
I hear you, I ordered 2023 Big Bend 2Dr in may and will pay MSRP. While I wait for it I've got a 2021 F150 Reg Cab SB 5.0 that I just installed Borla exhaust on, sounds great. Looking to make a sport truck also. Next I want to level / lower truck.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP is very testy. Oh well, at least he's moved on to other threads. Whatever.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah Right, Maybe in 10 or 12 Years

At least my ”depreciation” ain’t as bad as you high rollers
Granger gave me $10k in trade for my Alltrack 6m with 140k miles. Hated to lose it but we can’t have three four-wheeled vehicles right now. Carvana:

IMG_1297.png

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately for the OP, Carvana and anyone else in the business of selling vehicles is in it for maximum profits with minimum costs/effort. Sometimes, you are right time and right place... sometimes you aren't.

I didn't get the best deal on my 2021 Bronco, but I did get an amazing deal on my 2023 Bronco. As a matter of fact, it is the best new car deal I ever had.

As far as selling used, some winners, some losers... whether or not I purchased new. It all evens out in the end. There are better things to do than get worked up over a lowball offer.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Damn... a lot of financial advisers on here.... Probably should have asked all of you and I would not have purchased mine.... But then again.... What the hell have I been scrimping and saving all my life for... I guess how I choose to spend my money is my decision and not anyone elses. And to be honest every one of you probably got a "better deal" than I did.... or at least I hope you think you did. All I care about is the fact I got the Bronco I have been dreaming about for years and years.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn’t part with my grail build for under 90k. Granted that’s out of market, although at peak hype I probably could have come close to that. As bronco prices start to normalize, it doesn’t really matter to me because it’s simply not for sale you’d have to pry it out of my dead hands or pay me an exorbitant amount of money. Midnight blue on saddle - Antimatter OBX sas lux roast hardtop.

…I also say that because I don’t think there’s anything I’d want more within that price point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LowerSlowerDelaware

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure the Bronco Repos will start trending up just like the Chargers, Challengers, Mustangs, Wranglers and Play Trucks

Ford, like every other Manufacturer, has not only sharply raised prices but limited production to their higher dollar models to maximize the profit per vehicle.

I feel sorry for the guys and gals with their Dream Broncos with a Car Payment that looks like a pre-pandemic Mortgage Payment.

The post-Pandemic economic hangover combined with this threatening recession is going to hurt a lot and adjust the car market sharply enough that a lot of this ADM stealerships along with the Carvanas will be crushed and broken.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Testy? It’s called having a life. I prefer driving my Bronco compared to some just talking about them on a Saturday.

Where did I complain? I didn’t solicit Carvana, that was emailed to me and I thought I share their joke.

But for your Bronco, only $35K?

I would have offered you the $35k but thrown in some extras like

Limited Edition Bronco Sketch
Limited Edition Bronco Playing Cards
Limited but Slightly Used Bronco Calendar
Limited Edition Bronco Black Flag
And Limited Edition Bronco Hat and a Bronco Bottle Koozie

And to real sweeten the deal and to show my appreciation for both your wonderful posts, I‘ll send you both a box of candy to enjoy.
Kid, you need to grow up.

OP
OP
LowerSlowerDelaware

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Used car prices in general are plummeting. I just read an article that says the average transaction price on used cars is down 10 3% year over year - June figures.

Yes, I know the Bronco isn't "average," but they are bound to be down somewhat as well.
Sponsored