First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2024 wildtrak only had for 2 weeks and a stupid air freshner melted my center console. Does anyone know what this whole piece is called so i can replace it?

IMG_4922.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

B-Dot

Wildtrak
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fricken epic, the evil air freshener strikes again.

Anyway...
  • M2DZ-78044D90-BB
yup ridiculous. I appreciate it. I looked up the part number you gave and do you know if I have the wireless charging pad that this will fit? Also mine is 2024 is there no difference for 2023 part?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup ridiculous. I appreciate it. I looked up the part number you gave and do you know if I have the wireless charging pad that this will fit? Also mine is 2024 is there no difference for 2023 part?
Well... if it helps you are definitely not the first person and probably won't be the last.

It does not come with the wireless charger. You'll have to take the wireless charger—as well as the shifter & the GOAT dial—off of the old panel and install it in the new panel.

(EDIT—Forgot to answer your other question.) According to the parts system the 2023 and 2024 panel are the same. You can always ask your dealer to verify when you go to order the part.

If you want to get a sense for what it'll take... I have a video on YouTube from when I installed a new audio amplifier. I have the manual transmission so the panel is different, but the overall removal process should be very similar. Obviously you aren't installing an audio amplifier, so the majority of the video you can completely ignore—just bounce around or watch it on 2x speed until you get to the parts you need.

22:00 minute mark is the part you'll probably be most concerned with.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

B-Dot

Wildtrak
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well... if it helps you are definitely not the first person and probably won't be the last.

It does not come with the wireless charger. You'll have to take the wireless charger—as well as the shifter & the GOAT dial—off of the old panel and install it in the new panel.

(EDIT—Forgot to answer your other question.) According to the parts system the 2023 and 2024 panel are the same. You can always ask your dealer to verify when you go to order the part.

If you want to get a sense for what it'll take... I have a video on YouTube from when I installed a new audio amplifier. I have the manual transmission so the panel is different, but the overall removal process should be very similar. Obviously you aren't installing an audio amplifier, so the majority of the video you can completely ignore—just bounce around or watch it on 2x speed until you get to the parts you need.

22:00 minute mark is the part you'll probably be most concerned with.

dude you're the GOAT thanks this vid helps alot. I just talked with my local dealership they said it fits. Once again much appreciated!

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get a cover that goes on top from Amazon. Black, carbon fiber, woodgrain, etc. The black one is actually nicer than the factory finish IMO.

SMB

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just wondering how this happens? They're designed to be out in direct sunlight, but an air freshener melts the interior?

That and the cleaners on the dashboard make me not want to touch the interior with anything...

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just wondering how this happens? They're designed to be out in direct sunlight, but an air freshener melts the interior?

That and the cleaners on the dashboard make me not want to touch the interior with anything...
It doesn't actually "melt" the plastics. Well... I guess it does, but it's a chemical reaction that causes it.

Air fresheners are nasty and contain (often volatile) compounds that are designed to evaporate/disperse quickly. That evaporation is what spreads the scent around the vehicle... but the compounds trigger a chemical reaction with certain plastics. This is especially true in the summer because the heat and sunlight increases the rate of the chemical reaction.

This is why many of the hanging air fresheners (like the little trees) recommend that you... well... hang the air freshener in a way so that it doesn't come in direct contact with any plastics/vinyl/etc.

Ford Bronco Center Console Melted 1708708642085

Also... random pro-tip: The Black Ice air freshener is BY FAR the most abhorrent smell on the planet. I rather lather in dog poop than smell Black Ice... it's a near-instant puke trigger for me. So if for whatever reason you want me to go away and ensure I'll never come within 10 feet of your vehicle... Black Ice. :poop:

(Unfortunately for me, it pretty much instantly disqualifies me from ever riding in taxis/Ubers/Lyfts.)

SMB

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't actually "melt" the plastics. It's a chemical reaction.

Air fresheners are nasty and contain (often volatile) compounds that are designed to evaporate/disperse quickly. That evaporation is what spreads the scent around the vehicle... but the compounds trigger a chemical reaction with certain plastics. This is especially true in the summer because the heat and sunlight increases the rate of the chemical reaction.

This is why many of the hanging air fresheners (like the little trees) recommend that you... well... hang the air freshener in a way so that it doesn't come in direct contact with any plastics/vinyl/etc.

Ford Bronco Center Console Melted 1708708642085

Also... random pro-tip: The Black Ice air freshener is BY FAR the most abhorrent smell on the planet. I rather lather in dog poop than smell Black Ice... it's a near-instant puke trigger for me. So if for whatever reason you want me to go away and ensure I'll never come within 10 feet of your vehicle... Black Ice. :poop:

(Unfortunately for me, it pretty much instantly disqualifies me from ever riding in taxis/Ubers/Lyfts.)
Ohhh I see now, thank you for the explanation! Haha is Black Ice the reason I hate getting into half the ubers out there??!! Pro tips on pro tips today :D

Not to hijack, but real quick, are there any interior detailing products you'd recommend? I'm so scared of the reactions I've seen with Armor All.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't figure out why people put air fresheners in their car, especially one two weeks old :unsure:. They don't get rid of orders, they just mix and make it worse (in my opinion). Never use harsh chemicals inside your car, even the ones made for cars. A damp cloth is all that's needed, and if you must use more just use a mild dish soap. I learned this the hard way when cleaning adhesive residue from the dash of my daughters Toyota. Its not just Bronco!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohhh I see now, thank you for the explanation! Haha is Black Ice the reason I hate getting into half the ubers out there??!! Pro tips on pro tips today :D

Not to hijack, but real quick, are there any interior detailing products you'd recommend? I'm so scared of the reactions I've seen with Armor All.
Definitely not my forte, so probably shouldn't listen to me.

BUT... a damp cloth followed by with 303 Protectant is what I use. The plastics in my car usually aren't that bad, just dusty more than anything else and therefore doesn't need any cleaning chemicals. But I have used Adam's Polishes interior cleaner in the past with good results to fix my stupidity (like when I attempted to balance a coffee mug on the dashboard).

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This happens with guitars with Nitrocellulous paint. Many guitars, especially vintage guitars, were painted with automotive Nitro paint. Certain chemicals and rubber products will burn the Nitro. Many accessories like guitar stands wind up burning the finish.

RAC-Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
RAC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't figure out why people put air fresheners in their car, especially one two weeks old :unsure:. They don't get rid of orders, they just mix and make it worse (in my opinion). Never use harsh chemicals inside your car, even the ones made for cars. A damp cloth is all that's needed, and if you must use more just use a mild dish soap. I learned this the hard way when cleaning adhesive residue from the dash of my daughters Toyota. Its not just Bronco!
It is always the smokers. Smokers often don't realize just how pungent their cigarettes (or joints) smell. They get nose blind and try and cover it up, thinking the air freshener is making the smell go away. It isn't.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks