First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But Ford's interiors are junk. My warped dash top in my F150 (since Day 1) is testament.

But yeah, chemicals will wreak havoc on different plastics too....
Ford had a program to replace those dashes at one point with a dash made of a different plastic. That may be expired by now. I’m not sure if there is a modern plastic interior on any make of vehicle that won’t degrade if the car sits in the sun all day, day-in and day-out.
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And just think you're breathing that stuff in.
If you think you need those nasty damned things, maybe cleaning your interior out occasionally is in order.💩

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
2024 wildtrak only had for 2 weeks and a stupid air freshner melted my center console. Does anyone know what this whole piece is called so i can replace it?

Ford Bronco Center Console Melted 1708795586674
Sorry...I must be blind..don't see any damage. Anyway 200 miles and you already stunk it up? After 18 months my Bronco smells like a chihuahua and a border collie, beer spilt on floor and a half eaten burrito that got under the seat.
My wife hung a freshener from the mirror. Didn't help much.
Paul in AZ.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dude you're the GOAT thanks this vid helps alot. I just talked with my local dealership they said it fits. Once again much appreciated!
One other thing. It is a little different with the automatic, but there are also videos out there for that. When you put it back together and have to tighten the 2 little screws on the shifter handle, put some blocks under your tires, and shift it in to neutral. Will give you more room to put the screws back in and not scratch up your hands so much...

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What air freshener did you use?
It doesn't actually "melt" the plastics. Well... I guess it does, but it's a chemical reaction that causes it.

Air fresheners are nasty and contain (often volatile) compounds that are designed to evaporate/disperse quickly. That evaporation is what spreads the scent around the vehicle... but the compounds trigger a chemical reaction with certain plastics. This is especially true in the summer because the heat and sunlight increases the rate of the chemical reaction.

This is why many of the hanging air fresheners (like the little trees) recommend that you... well... hang the air freshener in a way so that it doesn't come in direct contact with any plastics/vinyl/etc.

Ford Bronco Center Console Melted IMG_2892

Also... random pro-tip: The Black Ice air freshener is BY FAR the most abhorrent smell on the planet. I rather lather in dog poop than smell Black Ice... it's a near-instant puke trigger for me. So if for whatever reason you want me to go away and ensure I'll never come within 10 feet of your vehicle... Black Ice. :poop:

(Unfortunately for me, it pretty much instantly disqualifies me from ever riding in taxis/Ubers/Lyfts.)
Hey, who needs deodorant when you can just spray a little bit of this on you instead?

Ford Bronco Center Console Melted Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 1.03.58 PM

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ohhh I see now, thank you for the explanation! Haha is Black Ice the reason I hate getting into half the ubers out there??!! Pro tips on pro tips today :D

Not to hijack, but real quick, are there any interior detailing products you'd recommend? I'm so scared of the reactions I've seen with Armor All.
My 2 favorite cleaners are Backfire Interior Cleaner and Chemical Guys
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-interior-cleaner.html
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-interior-protectant.html

https://www.chemicalguys.com/products/total-interior-cleaner-and-protectant

I prefer the Blackfire because you can get cleaner and protectant separately. I use Chemical Guys products quite often.Foam cannon, towels, applicators

Honestly though, there are many great products out there from different suppliers. Read through some of the detailers forums. The variety of answers matches a "what oil, tire, skid plate, etc should I use?" thread.

• Love
Reactions: SMB

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What air freshener did you use?

Hey, who needs deodorant when you can just spray a little bit of this on you instead?

Oh god.

College PTSD.

Sponsored

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
2024 wildtrak only had for 2 weeks and a stupid air freshner melted my center console. Does anyone know what this whole piece is called so i can replace it?

That sucks....
Maybe share what freshener you used so peep don't f*ck theirs too

SMB

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aerospace 303 is the best stuff I’ve found. No solvents like Armor All, not greasy like Armor All. Works great for interior plastics and vinyl. And you can pick it up at any parts store, no need to order online.
My 2 favorite cleaners are Backfire Interior Cleaner and Chemical Guys
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-interior-cleaner.html
https://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-interior-protectant.html

https://www.chemicalguys.com/products/total-interior-cleaner-and-protectant

I prefer the Blackfire because you can get cleaner and protectant separately. I use Chemical Guys products quite often.Foam cannon, towels, applicators

Honestly though, there are many great products out there from different suppliers. Read through some of the detailers forums. The variety of answers matches a "what oil, tire, skid plate, etc should I use?" thread.
Thank you so much! I've heard of 303, haven't used it yet. And good to know about these other options, too. Definitely prefer the separate cleaner/protectant as well. Super helpful, thanks.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't deny they weren't junk, just said they were all junk lol.

Yeah, the warped dashes on the 150s were a thing, we replaced a ton of them. Would your dealer not replace it?
I never bothered with it. The F150 boards more or less indicated that the replacement would warp also.

Ford had a program to replace those dashes at one point with a dash made of a different plastic. That may be expired by now. I’m not sure if there is a modern plastic interior on any make of vehicle that won’t degrade if the car sits in the sun all day, day-in and day-out.
I hadn't heard about the dashes made out of an alternate material. I know there was a TSB for the issue, but my dash would have barely made the cut by the ridiculous criteria. I could understand the warpage after a number of years, but this was a thing right off the showroom floor. And I'll get to look at it for as long as I own it.

This (and a few other quality nits with the truck) are a reason I haven't bought a Bronco yet since it's been sort of a revelation to me; my past Fords were so much better. The F150 is their cash cow and if they can't get the cash cow right, what's the Bronco going to be like? I've always been a Ford guy, but I'm not a fan of rewarding bad behavior...

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are pretty nice carbon fiber trim pieces available that cover this up.
Sponsored