Sponsored

Chances of placing a 2 door order and actually getting it, especially Heritage trim

birdieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure if this has been discussed(sure it has and I cant find it.) With all the new constraints around MIC, SAS, Lux, how hard will a 2 door be able to order and actually get it?? No soft top option for the any 2 door trim would seem like they will be hard to order/get? Also with the heritage being hard top and SAS, seems that will be even harder to order/get?
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have a previous order? I believe that was a requirement to order one last year.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasnā€™t allowed dealers to order stock 2 door 2023 units. If you have a 4 door order I donā€™t think Ford would allow the switch. At the moment due to 2 door constraints you would only have a 60% chance of it being built.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My suggestion, order the one you want when they open up the ordering in March.

OP
OP
birdieman

birdieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats the plan but with these new constraints, heritage trim might be a tough one to get through(hope not)

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I heard the HEs are actually not constrained, despite having SAS. Maybe because it has different wheels?

A BUNCH of 2DRs include HEs got scheduled last Thursday, including mine!

1674146612113-png-png-png.png

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats the plan but with these new constraints, heritage trim might be a tough one to get through(hope not)
Tough call.
When the order banks open back up, I'll guess there will be restrictions on what can be ordered.
ie, you may not be able to even order a 2 door, Wildtrack, or the Sas option. A 4 door Heritage? maybe.... if they have the parts and there isn't a huge unfilled demand for them.

Presently, I think Ford would like to build the Heritage orders just to get them out on the streets where they are visible, it's good for the Ford image. That was also part of the early allocation formula.... to get the Broncos out where there is a strong market for it, such as where Jeeps are selling strong.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they open in March that's not written in stone yet but no matter 2 doors will continue to be unicorns. Based on all available info you probably have a 50/50 chance of getting a 2 door by the 4th quarter of 2024.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard the HEs are actually not constrained, despite having SAS. Maybe because it has different wheels?

A BUNCH of 2DRs include HEs got scheduled last Thursday, including mine!

1674146612113-png-png-png.png
The different wheels would make sense in that regard. Another angle I have heard is the Goodyear tires the Sasquatch package uses. Since Ford had Good.year remove the word Wrangler from he side wall, an different process is required to make the SAME tire. Goodyear has plenty of the Sasquatch size tires with Wrangler on the , but not the ones without Wranglerā€¦.interesting thought.

Juventus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford hasnā€™t allowed dealers to order stock 2 door 2023 units. If you have a 4 door order I donā€™t think Ford would allow the switch. At the moment due to 2 door constraints you would only have a 60% chance of it being built.
I saw in Michigan dealer ordered 2 doors. I was pissed until last weekend when I actually got picked

Sponsored

RYD003

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up a 2 door yesterdayā€¦ no order, someone elseā€˜s order that they backed out of. Velocity blue OBX, 2023. Dealer let it go for msrp. A few dealers out here had a variety of 2 door available since I have been checking with them over several months. Most want 5k over for anything from a base, bb, bd, and obx

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody knows when the order banks will open. (7 March is the current rumor, but it's only a rumor at this point.)

Nobody knows what restrictions Ford will put on orders once the banks do open up.

Ford may do what they did with Maverick, where it looked like there was one order bank, but hybrid and ecoboost were treated internally as separate order banks.

In this case, Ford could open the banks separately for 2 and 4 door, and close 2-door before the 4 door bank. Given the backlog, they really should only open the banks for 4-door orders.

I expect at a minimum, Wildtrack will be completely off the table.
Sponsored