spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey guys, any chance of modifying an order once it's received a VIN and has a production date scheduled? My dealer didn't add the locking rear differential to my Bronco order. They placed the order 17 November, it was scheduled with a VIN on 9 December for production on 22 January. This is a big issue as I am not going to buy a $40k+ 4WD truck without a locking rear differential.

Thanks, and glad to see the Broncos are being scheduled much quicker than what I'd read on here.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After the VIN is assigned .... Every day you delay, the chances go down.
Even at that, usually only a small change like color MIGHT be accepted, major changes like driveline, most likely not.

Rear locker is a grey area... in my opinion.

Also, you may have failed on your due diligence as well. That should have been caught by you before the order was submitted .... IF ... the dealer was doing their job properly and having you look over the order form very thoroughly.

What was that form called ..... DORA .... Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement.

Certainly they gave you paperwork to look over???? I hope .....

OP
OP

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After the VIN is assigned .... Every day you delay, the chances go down.
Even at that, usually only a small change like color MIGHT be accepted, major changes like driveline, most likely not.

Rear locker is a grey area... in my opinion.

Also, you may have failed on your due diligence as well. That should have been caught by you before the order was submitted .... IF ... the dealer was doing their job properly and having you look over the order form very thoroughly.

What was that form called ..... DORA .... Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement.

Certainly they gave you paperwork to look over???? I hope .....
Nope. I'm overseas and was talking to a dealership near my home as well as Military Auto Source. The dealership ordered my Bronco before getting any confirmation from me, it rubbed me the wrong way as I still wanted to negotiate a price between the two. They ultimately agreed to price match MAS, which was something like $1500 under MSRP. If they don't agree to honor the price match and re-order I am going to be pissed. I even provided the invoice with all the options that MAS had and clarified the only difference should be two DIO missing from the MAS invoice.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the past, small changes were able to be made such as color and other minor options. Changes including doors, top and drivetrain were not allowed. I agree that the rear locker is kind of a gray area so best just ask your dealer to try. We did have one member add Squatch post VIN to a BL so it could be possible.

OP
OP

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the past, small changes were able to be made such as color and other minor options. Changes including doors, top and drivetrain were not allowed. I agree that the rear locker is kind of a gray area so best just ask your dealer to try. We did have one member add Squatch post VIN to a BL so it could be possible.
Man, I hope so. I don't mind if production gets pushed a month or two to the right, but I will mind if they no longer want to price match since that means I will have missed a good deal because I didn't want to screw the dealership and leave them with a truck they ordered for me (which I of course didn't ask them to do).

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Not the answer I wanted though, LOL

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ask them to try. And you are by no means screwing them by walking away from an order. It will get sold. If it is not what you want and they can't change it order another one. You are paying to much money to not get what you want out of some misguided allegiance to a dealership.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I'm overseas and was talking to a dealership near my home as well as Military Auto Source. The dealership ordered my Bronco before getting any confirmation from me, it rubbed me the wrong way as I still wanted to negotiate a price between the two. They ultimately agreed to price match MAS, which was something like $1500 under MSRP. If they don't agree to honor the price match and re-order I am going to be pissed. I even provided the invoice with all the options that MAS had and clarified the only difference should be two DIO missing from the MAS invoice.
Well, that makes things a bit more difficult!

I apologize for and retract any insinuation you fucked up, LOL
Sounds like they definitely screwed the pooch.
Damn...

When are you due back?

...and Semper Fi!

OP
OP

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, that makes things a bit more difficult!

I apologize for and retract any insinuation you fucked up, LOL
Sounds like they definitely screwed the pooch.
Damn...

When are you due back?

...and Semper Fi!
A week before production haha. Thanks bro!

I don't like awkward conversations with salespeople. I hope they recognize they messed up and don't give me a hard time about cancelling or reordering and honoring the price match.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys, any chance of modifying an order once it's received a VIN and has a production date scheduled? My dealer didn't add the locking rear differential to my Bronco order. They placed the order 17 November, it was scheduled with a VIN on 9 December for production on 22 January. This is a big issue as I am not going to buy a $40k+ 4WD truck without a locking rear differential.

Thanks, and glad to see the Broncos are being scheduled much quicker than what I'd read on here.
We as dealers have to email someone at Ford to make the change and then they will do their best to change, but it depends on the status of the order. No guarantees, but if the vin was recently assigned there is a small chance.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy news--the dealership was able to get it added onto the build. I confirmed on Ford's website. Really happy with this dealership.
That’s great news. I’m glad you’re getting what you actually want. And thank you for your service.

OP
OP

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s great news. I’m glad you’re getting what you actually want. And thank you for your service.
Thanks bro, I'm excited and glad it's coming way earlier than expected. Feels good to stick with Ford, I was looking at the new Tacoma but I'm still driving a Focus which was my first car and it has been stellar for 11 years, grandpa died on the job at Ford, and I lived in Detroit for years. Hope this thing holds up as well as my Focus has.

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks bro, I'm excited and glad it's coming way earlier than expected. Feels good to stick with Ford, I was looking at the new Tacoma but I'm still driving a Focus which was my first car and it has been stellar for 11 years, grandpa died on the job at Ford, and I lived in Detroit for years. Hope this thing holds up as well as my Focus has.
I’ve owned a few focuses. Primarily from the early 2000s to the early 2010s. Always bought them used. Cheap little cars that held up well and did their job well. Hope your bronco proves to be a stalwart and last a long time.
Sponsored