Brandon Gallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I recently received my 2022 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch…I’ve heard a bunch about the tires throwing rocks while I’ve been waiting to actually get my hands on my bronco. Now that I have it no kidding the rocks stick to these tires like crazy. I live on a gravel road so it’s constantly on rocks. I’ve always been really found if the look of the toyo M/T tires and am thinking of making the change. Anyone else have any other recommendations and experiences on which tires would throw the least amount of rocks? I know it’ll be impossible to not ever throw any but I’m sure at least better than these tires from the factory.
Thanks!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Goodyears throw significantly fewer rocks once you hit ~10,000 miles. I will not buy another set. Probably go with Coopers...

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nitto ridge grapplers. Best tire out there for the bronco.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty happy with the KO2’s. There is a revised KO3 that should Hit the market soon. Nitros have been hard to source
In some markets. I gravel about 3 times per week and get very few pings off the sliders.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only tire that won’t throw rocks is a “ bald” one ! Seriously, the more small thread designs will get more gravel and small rock. A high void tire, think mud terrain, will pickup less but they ll occasionally grab hold of some larger stuff. Plus the noise and road manners are much different.
Everything is a compromise, I d suggest honestly assessing your most common useage and then determine the “right tire” for you.
Good Luck

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stock SAS tires are horrible. I waited too long, (about 8k miles), but I installed mudflaps and Firestone Destinations at the same time... no issues since

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Litterly anything else will be better, but mainly you need to decide if you want smaller space between the tread blocks or larger, both will improve it.

I've been running the Goodyears for a week now and I've already picked up some gravel - and I haven't driven on a gravel road yet.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently received my 2022 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch…I’ve heard a bunch about the tires throwing rocks while I’ve been waiting to actually get my hands on my bronco. Now that I have it no kidding the rocks stick to these tires like crazy. I live on a gravel road so it’s constantly on rocks. I’ve always been really found if the look of the toyo M/T tires and am thinking of making the change. Anyone else have any other recommendations and experiences on which tires would throw the least amount of rocks? I know it’ll be impossible to not ever throw any but I’m sure at least better than these tires from the factory.
Thanks!
The Toyo M/Ts won’t throw nearly as many rocks. I ended up getting the Nitto trail grapplers which are pretty much the same as the Toyos you like, and they don’t throw many rocks. My decision actually came down to the Toyo and Nitto M/Ts. It was kind of a coin flip, they have almost the same tread pattern, they were basically the same price. same load rating, close to the same weight. I have the Toyo R/Ts on my F250. That’s another one you might consider. They’re kind of a M/T and A/T hybrid. They don’t pick up many rocks either and they give you a smoother and quieter ride compared to M/Ts, but with a more aggressive tread pattern than most A/Ts.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

K02s have been very good to me...👍👍

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best return on investment imo is just driving the bronco. I think it’s over hyped unless you live on gravel. Mine picked up and threw a crazy amount from forest service roads initially. It was so much better after a couple thousand miles

Desert6

Black Diamond
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Power Wagon, '20 Armada, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the same boat as you, I live on a gravel road and I'm not happy with the way the stock tires kick up rocks. I've run both the BFG's and the Falken Wildpeaks on my truck, both fling far less rocks than the stock Bronco tires. Once the stock ones are worn out I'll probably go with one of those choices.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best return on investment imo is just driving the bronco. I think it’s over hyped unless you live on gravel. Mine picked up and threw a crazy amount from forest service roads initially. It was so much better after a couple thousand miles
Much agreed. We live on and drive miles of gravel roads every day. 16k miles on the odometer, still running the stock Goodyears and still sporting just the one small scratch on the bottom of the driver door, no mud flaps. Hype is an understatement lol.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of the rocks you hear banging on your vehicle are on the bottom of the floor pan; not all on the doors, valence panels. That said, you will get them there and over time end up with chipped/sandblasted paint IF you do gravel and off-roads.

A set of mudflaps or extended (wider) sliders/full length step will negate most rock throwing. Cosmetics, looks are up to each owner.
Sponsored