Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really didn't come here for a angle or purpose other than to see what was going on in the buyer community outside of my own experience. A customer of mine clued me in to this forum and I thought it would be a good place to see what other dealers and customers were experiencing. I certainly agree that many salespersons at Ford dealers don't know their arse from a proverbial hole in the ground and frankly many dealers are also learning as we go. This is a totally new model (the online sales process) by Ford and one that has not been without issue. We have often been operating under one set of assumptions only to have those change as we have moved forward. Again, all apologies to the members of the forum if I sounded like a know it all dealer who didn't bother to read the previous 10,000 posts before chiming in (guilty as charged).
See bolded sections: So which is it, are you here to see what's going on in the buyers community, or are you just going to try to "educate" us? (Rhetorical question... you already apologized, but as long as you see you contradicted yourself.)

You have been polite so I'll give you that, and it looks like you're catching on to how this forum works. Sorry (not really) that means known dealers start at a disadvantage until they prove themselves otherwise. But can you blame the customer for wanting to educate themselves then spewing vitriol at you after dealers have absolutely take advantage of us for decades? Even though you may not have, dealers have earned it!

If you truly want to learn about the buyers community here, I would suggest going to Granger's megathread deal. Yes, there a lot of pages, but education is there to be had!

Tom's thread was unorthodox where he only slowly opened up over comments and DMs. Granger's first page of their thread was/is updated for important info so users don't have to search through comments, although the comments have a lot of good discussion as well.

As far as seeing forum members on here that seem naive or asking uneducated questions, I'm sure there is! As this forum gains traction it gets new members everyday thirsty for information. Literally any available information available about the bronco and buying process is contained in these threads, but if a user is too lazy to search... how's the saying go "you can bring a horse to water..."
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
DealerInsider

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You and @Kevinf0wler hopefully both did read the fine print in my post.. It's not really canceled, but I had to be a wise ass during the only 5 minutes that @DealerInsider wasnt actually lurking around here 🙄
I had 4yo duty this am...and he is a handful...anytime I pick up my phone “dad, dad, dad”

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

i did, the thanks was for telling me about tagging him
If you hang on long enough, you’ll find we crap on newbies equally whether they are consumers or dealers. Ok, maybe we are a bit rougher on dealers but....let’s face it, many deserve it.

roush062003

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150; 1994 Bronco; 1967 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you hang on long enough, you’ll find we crap on newbies equally whether they are consumers or dealers. Ok, maybe we are a bit rougher on dealers but....let’s face it, many deserve it.
So I should keep that i used to sell under my hat

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

kfralin

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See bolded sections: So which is it, are you here to see what's going on in the buyers community, or are you just going to try to "educate" us? (Rhetorical question... you already apologized, but as long as you see you contradicted yourself.)

You have been polite so I'll give you that, and it looks like you're catching on to how this forum works. Sorry (not really) that means known dealers start at a disadvantage until they prove themselves otherwise. But can you blame the customer for wanting to educate themselves then spewing vitriol at you after dealers have absolutely take advantage of us for decades? Even though you may not have, dealers have earned it!

If you truly want to learn about the buyers community here, I would suggest going to Granger's megathread deal. Yes, there a lot of pages, but education is there to be had!

Tom's thread was unorthodox where he only slowly opened up over comments and DMs. Granger's first page of their thread was/is updated for important info so users don't have to search through comments, although the comments have a lot of good discussion as well.

As far as seeing forum members on here that seem naive or asking uneducated questions, I'm sure there is! As this forum gains traction it gets new members everyday thirsty for information. Literally any available information available about the bronco and buying process is contained in these threads, but if a user is too lazy to search... how's the saying go "you can bring a horse to water..."
I totally get where you are coming from. I didn't sign up for this forum as a "dealer" but as a consumer just like you. I have a reservation and have had some of the same questions and frustrations and many here have as the information flowing from Ford has often changed and is sometimes conflicting. I really had no intention of bringing up the "dealer" aspect but a few cocktails into a discussion with Tom, I figured he knew anyway. On the business side, I had a real curiosity as to "what are these guys up to" given the relative size of a few of the dealerships and what the "long game" was. I'm sure you understand, I'm not buying the "we're doing this because we are the nice guy" dealer. Yes, I probably should have poured through some of the thousands of threads but I honestly don't have a lot of time. Many of us work around 70-80 hours a week (small violins play softly in the background). Any road, you all seem like decent human beings and I can speak first hand that not all dealers are d bags. Some (like me) don't agree with the sentiment of many members regarding what pricing should or should not be. I respect any dealerships decision to discount their inventory to what ever level they feel makes sense. I don't think that other dealers charging MSRP should be vilified as greedy, blood thirsty bastards when you have a restricted commodity (initially) and a high demand. The "over MSRP" crowd, well that is their decision and the market will determine if it is a sound one. I think it is not. All the best friend!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe not, since you are a self admitted "has been".
Ok, Dave, where’s the “cats out of the bag gif”. You know it’s needed!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model